• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there another team in the final besides the gobshites? Haven't heard anything in the media about them so far..... lol

Spurs have conceded before the 8th minute in a quarter of all their games in the season just gone. That'll be noted. If Spurs settle in their chances are going to rise as the game progresses.

I always think Liverpool look edgy and vulnerable if they dont have a lead by HT. That will be Pochettino's first objective tonight.

Spurs have enough to beat them, it’s how they react because I’d imagine the RS to come out of the blocks fast.

I don’t want them to win, the CL may not be as glorious as it once was but they’ve been to as many finals as we’ve won leagues. Some kopite troll reminded me this yesterday, to be fair to him it put me in my place

Imagine you're an Arsenal fan right now: you;ve had Spurs under the thumb for 50 years but they stand to lose everything if Spurs win the EC before they do. Imagine being an Arsenal fan and looking at Spurs' opposition: a team that's bottled every major test in the last 6 seasons and have a manager whose a serial loser.

The first point is a good one. It's sort of winning in the most minor way possible, but Liverpool gong from 5-6 European Cups doesn't really change an awful lot. They are still miles behind Real Madrid. We still haven't won it (as they haven't won the Cup Winners Cup). That would be much worse. The first trophy in 11 years, first one under Klopp etc hurts more than going from 5-6.

The PL title by a ratio of about 5:1 is the greater achievement. That;s not even up for debate. A fluke result here and there has got Lverpool and Spurs in the final. How can that be seen as of equal achievement to winning a title over 38 games? Never in a million years is it on the same level of accomplishment.

The more the likes of Liverpool Spurs Ajax Roma Monaco are getting to the latter stages of the competition over the likes of Juve Barcelona City PSG the more UEFA will be inclined to reformat it. It’s a competition based on prestige and once that goes it’s gone. The whole of Europe and all the big sponsors are wanting Ronaldo v Messi, City v Barca, Mbappe and Neymar on the biggest stage. A few more years of kick and rush premier league teams beating up some Europa league chumps and making the final and they’ll be clamouring to shaie it up.

Imagine you're an Arsenal fan right now: you;ve had Spurs under the thumb for 50 years but they stand to lose everything if Spurs win the EC before they do. Imagine being an Arsenal fan and looking at Spurs' opposition: a team that's bottled every major test in the last 6 seasons and have a manager whose a serial loser.
No matter where Spurs finish or what they do they always give Arsenal some reason to laugh at them.

Come on Spurs, do it for North London football star Jose Antonio Reyes

The PL title by a ratio of about 5:1 is the greater achievement. That;s not even up for debate. A fluke result here and there has got Lverpool and Spurs in the final. How can that be seen as of equal achievement to winning a title over 38 games? Never in a million years is it on the same level of accomplishment.

I understand the clamour to downplay Liverpool’s achievements on this forum, but they came within one result of winning the title over 38 games which suggests near-parity with the eventual champions this season at least, and reached the final by walloping one of the best teams in world football. Not sure what’s fluky about any of that, tbf.

I understand the clamour to downplay Liverpool’s achievements on this forum, but they came within one result of winning the title over 38 games which suggests near-parity with the eventual champions this season at least, and reached the final by walloping one of the best teams in world football. Not sure what’s fluky about any of that, tbf.
They're juiced! That's what's fluky about it.

Spurs have enough to beat them, it’s how they react because I’d imagine the RS to come out of the blocks fast.

I don’t want them to win, the CL may not be as glorious as it once was but they’ve been to as many finals as we’ve won leagues. Some kopite troll reminded me this yesterday, to be fair to him it put me in my place

It doesn;t matter how many finals they've been to. When all is said and done they are cup competitions. Inherently inferior to major football nation's league titles.

It's just a circus. A media event. Last season was funny for a while after they were trounced, but Madrid's achievement was forgotten almost immediately - and I was defo more relieved to see City get over the line than I was gutted to see Liverpool beat Barcelona.

The first point is a good one. It's sort of winning in the most minor way possible, but Liverpool gong from 5-6 European Cups doesn't really change an awful lot. They are still miles behind Real Madrid. We still haven't won it (as they haven't won the Cup Winners Cup). That would be much worse. The first trophy in 11 years, first one under Klopp etc hurts more than going from 5-6.
Yes.

It's all about stats like that. Nothing much more than that. Itls a god trophy to win, of course it is. But it's a one off day out - as much for the nedia as football fans.

The more the likes of Liverpool Spurs Ajax Roma Monaco are getting to the latter stages of the competition over the likes of Juve Barcelona City PSG the more UEFA will be inclined to reformat it. It’s a competition based on prestige and once that goes it’s gone. The whole of Europe and all the big sponsors are wanting Ronaldo v Messi, City v Barca, Mbappe and Neymar on the biggest stage. A few more years of kick and rush premier league teams beating up some Europa league chumps and making the final and they’ll be clamouring to shaie it up.
Personally, I think there should be a proper midweek Euro League. A couple, maybe three, divisions that run alongside a nation's domestic league. Cut out the domestic cups and it becomes manageable.

No, I disagree. It's a matter of nerve not points. They had the latter but not the former.

Nah, they conned about 15 points from unreal decisions and blatant diving.

Honestly, if Salah had got 15 games worth of bans for diving no one would have batted an eyelid except for that lot.

Fortunately I live in France so it's not too hard to avoid the UK media love-in with the RS. The game is on TV here tonight but I'll not be watching. If I hear about a Spurs win then I'll be tuning into UK media, otherwise I'll avoid it for a week at least.:bye:
if spurs win it , you will be lucky to find it on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back