• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of them. I'll be gutted if they win, just for the fact they can parade it around the city? If that makes sense. But we can move on. The league was the big one.

If Spurs step up, and play the way they can barring all the bottle talk. They can well and truly upset these. They're a very decent side Spurs.

I think in light of Mr Reyes' death the sensible thing is just to call off this year's final.

Aye. Basically a glorified League Cup final or something.

Not even that. You can't lose four League Cup matches in one year and still lift the trophy, and as I said in a previous post, most of the Champions League is nowhere near prem quality.

Utterly broken from top to bottom is football now, and when the new "European Premier League" starts up and replaces CL, it'll see the Champions League remembered as a lesser entity.

The same thing happened to the FA Cup in the 1990s, when it went from being the showpiece of national football to an expendable nuisance (Man Utd mitching off to the Club World Cup springs to mind!)

Tonight, I will be mainly watching Santana smashing hell out of the competition at Woodstock 1969.....hope spuds do the same..if they do then "Like a Hurricane" is being blasted out on my stereo (Neil Young) along with a selection of Chas and Dave's favourite ditties. :cool:lol

Going the pictures to watch Godzilla later whilst the game is on. Just know there's going to be reference to them in there somewhere though, they're inescapable it seems.

A few years ago when I went to see Iron Man 3 I remember I was PO'ed about football for some reason and then right during the dramatic plot twist of the film there's character watching that lot score a goal on his TV and he jumps up celebrating like a lunatic. At that moment I think if I'd had a gun I'd have stood and just started blowing people away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back