• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope theres loads of petitions being started later tonight... Like replay the final in winter because it was too hot, Remove Spurs from the competition because they didn't play football the right way, Give Liverpool a 6th European Cup because they took more ticketless fans etc etc

At least last time they won the European cup we had secured 4th and finished above them, there was optimism around where we'd end up in the following years.

This time the gulf between us and them is stark. The blame for this is purely down to our own mismanagement, plus a hearty dose of classic Everton misfortune.

Still, no point getting overly emotionally involved in it. If they win it, they deserve credit for some of their business decisions along the way. Getting klopp to manage them for instance.

From both Liverpool and spurs being on a similar footing to us 10 years ago, they are both now light years ahead, and no result tonight will change that unfortunately.

At least last time they won the European cup we had secured 4th and finished above them, there was optimism around where we'd end up in the following years.

This time the gulf between us and them is stark. The blame for this is purely down to our own mismanagement, plus a hearty dose of classic Everton misfortune.

Still, no point getting overly emotionally involved in it. If they win it, they deserve credit for some of their business decisions along the way. Getting klopp to manage them for instance.

From both Liverpool and spurs being on a similar footing to us 10 years ago, they are both now light years ahead, and no result tonight will change that unfortunately.

Thanks for that tremendous insight.

Ajax being the common denominator.

I dont think it's a spectacle worth the hullabaloo.

It's flabby with no real great sides in it. Madrid last year were about two seasons past their peak and they were the only one I'd say have approached being special in the last few years.

Yeah there are no truly outstanding teams this year, but in some ways that makes it a better tournemant as it allows the likes of Ajax to pull off the upsets.

I’d still say this year is the most I’ve enjoyed watching it in a while. Ajax were partially responsible, but there were lots of other exciting ties too.

Yeah there are no truly outstanding teams this year, but in some ways that makes it a better tournemant as it allows the likes of Ajax to pull off the upsets.

I’d still say this year is the most I’ve enjoyed watching it in a while. Ajax were partially responsible, but there were lots of other exciting ties too.

City had the potential to be the special side this year, but got undone against spurs.

Christmas period ruined their mojo.

Disagree.

After a dreadfulstart to Moshiri era, we now have a director of football and a manager with a plan.

Still too much deadweight, but in a few years the club will be a lot stronger.

In 05 we fell over the line with a paper thin squad.

Come on Spurs!!!

Even that lot realise that there’s no prestige surrounding this year’s final whatsoever. Madrid was the one they wanted last year. Take advantage of an ageing European powerhouse after getting past City and add them to Milan etc. on their list. There’s just no way you can glam up Spurs though. These are two sides who struggle to get past a domestic cup semi final. There’s been nothing like the build up there was to last year’s as the media hadn’t been able to go all in with two English teams in the final. Whoever wins this the coverage will be straight on the Nations league within a day or two. You can’t sell stage shows about that one night in Madrid...against Spurs.
Nations League and the transfer season in full sway...it already feels like the pre-season for 2019/20 to me.

After the lord mayors show this is. The PL was won three weeks ago and that ended 2018/19 for me and most other people.

Nations League and the transfer season in full sway...it already feels like the pre-season for 2019/20 to me.

After the lord mayors show this is. The PL was won three weeks ago and that ended 2018/19 for me and most other people.

This certainly feels detached from reality.

A bit like the RS fanbase and media love in for them.

Unfortunately I can see the RS steamrolling them, with relative ease
Spurs have conceded before the 8th minute in a quarter of all their games in the season just gone. That'll be noted. If Spurs settle in their chances are going to rise as the game progresses.

I always think Liverpool look edgy and vulnerable if they dont have a lead by HT. That will be Pochettino's first objective tonight.

Hopefully Vertonghen or Audierwield copy what Ramos did last year and get Salah, Mane or Firmino out of the game quick.

Did the RS score first last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back