• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's everyone feeling about this then?

My overwhelming thought is "it'll be hilarious if they lose, but not that fussed if they win". The league was the one I was worried about.

Let's be honest, we hear about 2005 every 15 minutes anyway, so what would change really?
This really.
I quite fancy Spurs to do them. I think the Prem chase will take its toll, combined with the pressure they put themselves under.

The European Community Shield.

It's about as big an affair as that for me.

Calling this a Champions final of any description when the two clubs haven't won their national titles for a combination of 87 years is a fraud.

The big one was won three weeks ago. A nice consolation prize for whoever gets their hands on it, but that's all this is.

Klopp = I've seen all his interviews when they came on the telly. He's bricking it. He knows what another final defeat brings down on him. He's looking like a massive loser already. Look at his eyes: he's petrified.
Like a boxer who gives it all the large talk pre fight.... then gets wacked out

Klopp = I've seen all his interviews when they came on the telly. He's bricking it. He knows what another final defeat brings down on him. He's looking like a massive loser already. Look at his eyes: he's petrified.

Dave - fwiw I think you’re right on this but I think he’s realised that he’s messed up on the preparation again.

I read somewhere (without looking to read it) that klopp has had his squad away for almost 2 weeks near la manga without seeing their families. I played rugby at club and briefly international level and I can say one thing - even as a player you’re still first and foremost a man, a son, boyfriend / husband and most importantly a father so you wanna be as close to your closest for as long as possible before every away game.

By contrast Pottchetino has allowed his players to stay at home far longer. I think that’ll count significantly in terms of mental preparation for the game.

I know it’s simplistic to think they’re all millionaire elite sportsmen but they all still have to listen to whatever’s going on at home when they do communicate while they’re away. And as with any job they don’t all get on with one another. So from experience even the most minor issues in a squad get compounded the longer you’re on lock down with one another.

I believe Klopp has messed up the preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back