Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say its unlikely .. I can't see us getting this young Greek kid in and the youngster from Portugal if we're on the point of Administration . Surely just selling either Felli Bainsey or Rodwell would appease the banks ?

I know and I hope you're right mate. But let's face it, after our performance in the TF this January it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Or maybe, just maybe, Lord Grantchester doesn't give a toss about football like his grandfather did. Sure, everyone would love for him to roll in just as we're threatened with administration (see above for rumours) but in all likelihood, he wont. We'll probably never hear from him again, he'll always just be whom we Evertonians dream of saving us.

I'm being realistic, cos in my years as a blue, everything seems to have been good things happening to everyone but us, whilst hardships and let downs arrive on our doorstep aplenty.

Prove me wrong Grantchester, do it.

You are joking aren't you? How can you possibly say that when that organisation trailed a number of alternatives to Kirkby both before the final 'no' decision and after it?

• They commissioned plans from HTK stadium architects for the Bestway site
  • They provided their own plan and costings for the redevelopment of Goodison Park
  • They provided supporters with info about interest from other parties wanting to build on Walton Hall Park
  • They put together the Football Quarter scheme
If only the board of directors were that passionate and energised about a new stadium.

Cant believe that statement.

We really start to pick old ground if we go other these in detail. But let me just say, if Everton had £450m in their back pocket do you think that they would have jumped at some of these choices, or re-developed Goodison?

You've produced a list of unfunded, costly (for Everton at least), undeliverable ideas.

Classic Marxist tactic. Make demands on capitalism that it simply can't be fulfilled, then blame the capitalist as being deficient.

In our case, we were always broke or else we would have developed Goodison Park.

I could give you 10 options, but i wouldn't know how to fund it.

He's a sports editor for a national newspaper. I'm not gonna spout his name all over a forum. He's a friend and dont wish to ruin his reputation. Take/leave as you will.

Clubs and businesses have projections and forecasts boss man. Signing players to new contracts starting at the top end of £75k a week, and also buying a few youth players for £1mill a pop, wouldn't happen if we were going into administration.

Not signing players in January isn't a sign of administration it's a matter of the players moyes wants arent available, he doesnt fancy ones available, we can't afford to sign loans due to wages and fees, or deals aren't going forward.

And if we were going into administration, that information would be available as the banks would call their loans in

Our assets would cover our debts, hence why we won't go into administration. We'd sell our best players first.

Paddy? Get your friend posting on here, he owes us an apology.

Or maybe we'd try and do it less obviously by getting high earners off the wage-bill and selling a player to recoup a bit.

Or maybe we'd try and do it less obviously by getting high earners off the wage-bill and selling a player to recoup a bit.

It's a possibility sure, but another reason why we wouldn't go into administration. Our assets would easily cover our debts.

So, I propose this Paddy and be honest with us please, was that friend made up? Come on now.

It's a possibility sure, but another reason why we wouldn't go into administration. Our assets would easily cover our debts.

So, I propose this Paddy and be honest with us please, was that friend made up? Come on now.

Why would I bother? I'm not jsut here for the window mate youll see me around here for a while. I'm not the only one who's heard the rumours and I'm not one to wind up fellow blues. As I said take/leave as you will.

Why would I bother? I'm not jsut here for the window mate youll see me around here for a while. I'm not the only one who's heard the rumours and I'm not one to wind up fellow blues. As I said take/leave as you will.

Paddy, I'll level: I like you, I really do. I just feel that this relationship can't continue unless you admit that you were jesting/fibbing with that supposed phone call. Come on man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back