The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
'A club statement last night said: “It must be pointed out that, after agreeing at the start of the meeting that there would be no note taking, the members of the Blue Union secretly taped the entire conversation.'

From the 'transcribed from tape' meeting:

Mark, “If we have no money now, we won’t have money next summer…”
Bill, “I’m with you; I’ll be your president……sell the club…did you write it down for me?
Simon, “I’ve written it down for you Bill, Keith Harris is going to sell the club ”
Bill, “well write this down as well...

Another day, another lie from the Goodison Politburo.

you know davek like yourself im no fan of bill, but if they got told no tapeing its a ****s trick to do it even to him.

you know davek like yourself im no fan of bill, but if they got told no tapeing its a ****s trick to do it even to him.

Big if though isn't it mate?

Would you believe anything those people in the L4 bunker had to say about matters like this? I think they got caught cold and rewrote the script from then on - shifting the ground onto matters of ethics rather than on finances. If Silas comes on here and says they taped the meeting against orders then fair enough. Up until that moment I'm treating it as the usual club bullshit.

Has it just come from BK that the guys taped it? It says in the meeting about taking notes - "well write this down as well". So he clearly knew they were taking notes and why wouldn't they. Why wouldn't he allow notes to be taken?

I think the lads who have done this have done a lot of good really, it has confirmed a lot of the rumours and our fears - that we are totally skint. It has also shown Bill to be a passionate blue, but someone who is clearly out of his depth at the helm of the club and delusional about how business works.

How he cannot know what '£23m other operating costs' are - as the chairman of the club - is beyond my comprehension. Surely financial reviews etc have been performed to show where we are wasting most money and how to address this.

I tell you what, I haven't wanted us to win a game as badly as this one against QPR in a while.

Everybody is so pessemistic and miserable, right now, and I just want us to go out there and cheer us up again by winning on the pitch, 4th place style. Football fans should be worried about football results not financial ones. I hate the way we all have to be accountants now.

Come on Davey lad, win us three points this weekend and we'll go from there.

EXACTLY, so sick of the fantasy finance, got my own bills to pay,
Either you can conclude we're pushing the boat out too far or not enough, some people want to claim it's both.
Covert meetings with the chairman, Jesus, wish I had the time
Really hoping for a big win.

Has it just come from BK that the guys taped it? It says in the meeting about taking notes - "well write this down as well". So he clearly knew they were taking notes and why wouldn't they. Why wouldn't he allow notes to be taken?

I think the lads who have done this have done a lot of good really, it has confirmed a lot of the rumours and our fears - that we are totally skint. It has also shown Bill to be a passionate blue, but someone who is clearly out of his depth at the helm of the club and delusional about how business works.

How he cannot know what '£23m other operating costs' are - as the chairman of the club - is beyond my comprehension. Surely financial reviews etc have been performed to show where we are wasting most money and how to address this.

i dont know if they taped it ,and after all it was said anyway which is what we as fans should be looking at not the morality of either party or there action at the meeting, the cold hard truth has come out and that what we should be a thinking about

i dont know if they taped it ,and after all it was said anyway which is what we as fans should be looking at not the morality of either party or there action at the meeting, the cold hard truth has come out and that what we should be a thinking about

100% this.

They have to be careful that they don't come across as wanting to elevate themselves as super fans for their five minutes of fame. Already achieved is pretty much 20% wiped off any fee for our best players as the media are all over us being skint, which we knew already to be fair. They could also get the club to lock down any future interaction with fan groups if this allegation of them taping is proven.
Look what happened to the NOTW ffs.

They have to be careful that they don't come across as wanting to elevate themselves as super fans for their five minutes of fame. Already achieved is pretty much 20% wiped off any fee for our best players as the media are all over us being skint, which we knew already to be fair. They could also get the club to lock down any future interaction with fan groups if this allegation of them taping is proven.
Look what happened to the NOTW ffs.

I'm not sure it was a big secret we were skint before the Blue Union meeting mate. Fenerbahce didn't need that transcribed interview to take the piss.

I'm not sure it was a big secret we were skint before the Blue Union meeting mate. Fenerbahce didn't need that transcribed interview to take the piss.

That was the Turks taking the piss rather than exploiting us mate. I've just read three national press articles pretty much sounding our death knoll. We have to be cautious it doesnt backfire. If no one comes forward for us in the next six months then we will know were goosed for a long time yet.

Cant help but feel that all this breaking on the eve of a new season does any good for the team or Moyes either.

That was the Turks taking the piss rather than exploiting us mate. I've just read three national press articles pretty much sounding our death knoll. We have to be cautious it doesnt backfire. If no one comes forward for us in the next six months then we will know were goosed for a long time yet.

Cant help but feel that all this breaking on the eve of a new season does any good for the team or Moyes either.

Could galvanize the team mate fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back