The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could galvanize the team mate fingers crossed

Doubt it mate. Were now being portrayed as a club in crisis in the eyes of the national media. It's been a convenient excuse for many players underperforming in various clubs before today that they were weighed down by all the off field troubles. Can you see Fellini singing a new contract now? File under; the club don't match my ambition.

We have to be careful with this. I want a change if ownership as much as the next man but I don't want to take over the kopites mantle from a year ago.

They act for themselves but this reflects back on all Evertonians.

chico its all over the game before this mate, the becks offer from leicester was im told £750.000 so that will tell you something, its like seeing a crack whore going into cold turkey, you know you can get her down to a quid for a blow job(well thats what im told) , thats us the crack whores of the prem they know we need are fix or were ****ed so they try there hand

Hahaha. A quid you say? I'll give you a fiver if you point me in her direction tomorrow mate!

That was the Turks taking the piss rather than exploiting us mate. I've just read three national press articles pretty much sounding our death knoll. We have to be cautious it doesnt backfire. If no one comes forward for us in the next six months then we will know were goosed for a long time yet.

Cant help but feel that all this breaking on the eve of a new season does any good for the team or Moyes either.

People in the game know the ins and outs of our financial position so a buyer (of a player) isn't getting any extra discount because Bill shot his mouth off. Long term this changes nothing: it's all about someone coming forward with the acceptable level of ransom money to buy the club off the board. That was, is and always will be the key, and the valuation wont be rocked by this interview. It just had the effect of prising back the lid on a can of worms that most people didn't want to see. Things will revert to what they were and we'll persevere with the same mediocrity until that elusive 'appropriate' buyer shuffles out of the shadows.

The atmosphere surrounding the club has been poisonous for a while now, I don't think this changes anything. A number of players, most notably Cahill, keep coming out and telling us to get behind them. They know the fans are loosing faith, and it wouldn't surprise me if a number of players are aswell. They only have to look around the squad and see the same old faces there. We stopped progressing about two years ago, so this is nothing new.

People in the game know the ins and outs of our financial position so a buyer (of a player) isn't getting any extra discount because Bill shot his mouth off. Long term this changes nothing: it's all about someone coming forward with the acceptable level of ransom money to buy the club off the board. That was, is and always will be the key, and the valuation wont be rocked by this interview. It just had the effect of prising back the lid on a can of worms that most people didn't want to see. Things will revert to what they were and we'll persevere with the same mediocrity until that elusive 'appropriate' buyer shuffles out of the shadows.

If nothing has changed then where is the gain? We all knew we were skint before and Kenwright is more thespian than club owner and we know that now. The only thing we have is more turmoil in the media when were meant to be kicking off our season tomorrow mate.

Seriously if a buyer doesn't show in the next six months then what?

dont let that fox lead you astray mate, if he put you on the right direction he would be running a book on how you long last the pesky fox and want a cut of her for sending you there

Too right mate. The man is an entrepeneur, we need him nit Kenwright looking after the club.

Nik: you're barred mate.

http://www.evertonfc.com//news/archive/2011/08/19/moyes-backs-blues

Moyes wades in.

David Moyes has given his unequivocal backing to chairman Bill Kenwright as he prepares his side for their first fixture of the new Premier League season.

The Blues play host to Queens Park Rangers at Goodison on Saturday and, whilst the manager has not added to his ranks over the summer, he insists he is confident in the squad at his disposal and has defended his and the chairman’s approach to player trading.

He told evertonfc.com: "We've got a really good chairman who does everything he possibly can to make the Club work and I hope that the supporters think they have a manager who is trying to make the club better.

"The chairman has been saying 'sorry we don't have anything' unless we trade - and probably most of that money will go back to the banks, so let's not kid ourselves on.

"The chairman needs support and help and he certainly gets my backing because he's a great chairman. I can tell you loads of managers who are not enjoying working for their chairman in the Premier League.

"I do enjoy working for my chairman because he's a supporter, he's got the club at heart and he's desperate for me and the team to do well."

He added: “Look at the progress Everton have made, look where the club has come from in the last 10 years and look at the players that are on the pitch for Everton.

"I brought all the players here, I've got a responsibility to them, they are a really good group of players - their attitude, the way they go about their job. The one thing Everton will be is competitive in the Premier League."

There has been a growing spotlight on Everton in recent weeks because the Club has drafted in no new faces over the summer. But Moyes insists the financial situation on transfers is no different than at any stage during his tenure.

He continues: "We've always had to trade and I don't think that's any different from what I've had before.

"We get really well supported by our bank (Barclays). I know the top people there and they are good people. Yes it's difficult at times but we get on with it.

" I've got a brilliant group of players, a really good team and if we could add to it we'd like to do so but so does every manager.

"Not every manager is lucky enough to have millions, I'm one of the managers who is not so I'll work and prepare the players and I know exactly what I'm going to get.

"A few years ago we had to trade James McFadden and Andy Johnson, then Joleon went and we were able to bring players in so it's no different.

"Not everyone is going to be gifted with loads of money to spend and you have to be able to work without it. I think we do our best with what we've got.

"We're in this situation and we have to move on with it. Everton is a great club well supported and I would expect those supporters to do the same."

The manager was also keen to stress that the buying and selling of players at the Club rests with him - and his focus has been on keeping hold of the top players in his squad.

He continues: "As far as I'm concerned none of those players go unless David Moyes says so.

“We're not going to become a selling club. I'm not here to do that, I'm here to build a good team. I'm not in the business of coming into football management to sell my best players, I won't do that. But if I get an offer which is right I will and I'll never let Everton get into trouble.

"But at the moment no-one has made an offer that would come close to making me think about it (selling players). You only need to look at so many clubs throughout the country who have continuously changed their manager and in some cases changed their chairman nearly as often and they don't necessarily do any better.

"There's a few clubs over the years that have put themselves in real trouble by either the wrong owners coming in or a chairman getting rid of their managers when it was wrong to do so.

"We've got a stability and you mustn't take that for us getting stale and not trying to move on because there's nobody more determined or ambitious than myself to make it better."

“We're not going to become a selling club. I'm not here to do that,"

Lol! I think he needs to have a listen to his chairman then because he's telling everyone who'll listen that we've moved over to a player trading model of operation.

That's fair enough of Moyes to back his board of directors, btw. Now all he has to do is just shut the fcuk up about having no money to spend during the season if/when it goes tits up. Somehow I dont think he will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back