The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really stupid move that, I thought they wanted clear and open communication with the board?

There's no way of achieving clear and open communication with that board. BU may have been underhand in taping, but they effectively yet again captured a stream of lies from Kenwright, amongst the incoherent rambling.

Unbelievable you're concentrating on the taping aspect (with Hatton as a character witness???) rather than the content - played again by the EFC spin machine.

Some like me have defended Bill for years, but I feel we need some balance on this issue.

COYB

Yet now Degzy is painted as a saint here, looking to distance himself from sleaze.

Irony

So far they've protested over a broken wall, sounded naive on regional TV, weakened our hand in negotiating player sales and now got themselves in an illegal recording scam with the club owner who agreed to a meeting with them. I posted a while ago that I wished a group of blues who got off their arse and wanted to implement change in a professional manner the best of look. I realise once more why I'm sceptical of such groups.

I hope this doesn't reflect on E4C who have been gone about it in the right way, this association won't be doing them any favours at present like.

Didn't you say before that you'd like to hear their explanation though? Deggsy and Bill have had theirs, maybe we should wait until the other side speaks.

I'm laughng at the hypocrisy though. There's Bill a serial fibber, and Deggsy the renegade Trotskyist who sold out years ago being given the benefit.

*shakes head*

Didn't you say before that you'd like to hear their explanation though? Deggsy and Bill have had theirs, maybe we should wait until the other side speaks.

I'm laughng at the hypocrisy though. There's Bill a serial fibber, and Deggsy the renegade Trotskyist who sold out years ago being given the benefit.

*shakes head*

Just bringing balance to the universe here. And enjoying furious back peddling from a clique of angst who've kidnapped this place for a long, long summer.

Present company excluded like, you do it acer than the rest.

It's an embarrassing thing to do to the person 'running' your own club. I hope they are happy with their five minutes of fame. Probably very useful on a CV if looking for a career with a snidey newspaper.

The one thing we can all be annoyed at with BU is that fans have thrown accusations at the club - Billy Liar, closed shop meetings etc - and IF they did tape it, the underhand way it has been done - 2 wrongs and all that.

Like I said earlier there would be none of this discussion if the club were a bit more open with the fans, because we are one of the most important commodities the club has.

Just bringing balance to the universe here. And enjoying furious back peddling from a clique of angst who've kidnapped this place for a long, long summer.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/08/19/blue-union-explanation

evertonfc.com said:
Derek Hatton has asked Everton Football Club to publish his explanation of the circumstances which led to a transcript of a meeting between Club Chairman Bill Kenwright and the "Blue Union" supporters' group being published on a website earlier this week.

Derek was instrumental in arranging a meeting which was held only after both sides had agreed to keep details confidential - an agreement which was broken by the "Blue Union" representatives who secretly taped the proceedings.

Derek Hatton

I met the Blue Union lads through Twitter and was asked by them if I might be able to arrange meetings with Robert Elstone and Bill Kenwright.

I said I’d try but only if they promised they were prepared to treat the meeting with discretion. I was at pains to point out that they’d let me down if any discussions proved not to be civil, constructive and reasonable. I emphasised above all, the lads needed to respect the confidentially of anything said.

Three of the lads met Robert and had positive discussions. They agreed the meeting was useful and had ‘gone really well’.

I then contacted Bill who agreed, subject to the rules I’d set out with the lads, to meet them the day before the Spurs game. Bill contacted me when the Spurs game had been cancelled to offer to rearrange but the lads were keen to press on.

When we arrived at Bill’s offices, he couldn’t have been more hospitable and we spent time looking at the mementos and memorabilia that fill his office. When we sat down, the lads took out notebooks and Bill immediately asked for confidentiality, ‘no notes’ and everyone agreed. Notebooks were put away. It was all clearly private.

After three hours, where many things were discussed and explained with Bill reminding everyone on a regular basis ‘that’s between us’, the meeting ended with reminiscences and football-talk.

The lads all agreed it had been a positive meeting and felt buoyed by what they’d heard. They repeated it had been ‘a great meeting’. I reminded them to respect the confidentiality agreement.

At no stage did I or anyone know the very privileged get together was going to be taped.

As I said on my tweet yesterday, taping any meeting without anyone knowing is disgraceful and underhand. Taping a meeting with the Chairman of your football club is the lowest of the low. I also want nothing more to do with these people.

I'm getting a bit pissed off reading this tit for tat stuff between the club and this group.

What happened to the term DIGNITY? That goes for all like.

Tearing chunks out of each other FFS.

The club's communication staff, the board and this Blue Union - want to WIND THEIR NECKS IN.

If the club would have open discussions this wouldn't be happening. And if this Blue Union and some of the teds knew how to have a proper discussion it wouldn't be happening.

Pissed off with the lot of them.

In Moyes I Trust.

Sick of the sight of all that other stuff. frankly.

Last edited:

I wish to place on the record, before the "a" word comes out inevitably, that I dislike Kenwright being in charge of this club greatly and cringe when he comes out with the thespian stuff.

However, that's a separate issue. There has been some strong calls for accountability and when people use as part of their agenda...

"That we would assist the Owner, the Chairman, the Board and the Executive Officers in their endeavours to attract investment and/or a takeover of the Club."

...it leaves me disappointed in thinking that they would be the ones that would do it sensibly. As has been proven, the club will hang themselves if you give them enough rope. There's no need for to be snidey, divisive and let your ego get in the way when seeking to highlight this.

I'm seeing all this as a sideshow mate. As you know, I nailed my colours to the mast on these groups springing up weeks ago: they're healthy but they'll find no success in the short term this side of a real crisis.

We'll see what they have to say - I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. But what they unearthed was the important bit not the method they used to get at it. Of course, it'd have been best all round to get consent for the transcript, but these lads aren't trained negotiators...Bill wasn't dealing with Deutsche Bank just ordinary supporters.

The big talking point for me is how furious the club have been in light of the revelations. They've gone bananas at the fact the can of worms has been uncovered, not because a moral code has been transgressed.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back