The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it not the Kirkby Residents Action Group that tried to air the hooligan video ?

He was part of KEIOC. He then accepted his responsibility and resigned (a lesson for some others there I reckon). This was early on in the campaign and that was the only blemish. Of course, the whole organisation's activity was then viewed through that prism by the narrow minded. Fortunately, they dont count.

This is well all of you

aaxh01.jpg

He was part of KEIOC. He then accepted his responsibility and resigned (a lesson for some others there I reckon). This was early on in the campaign and that was the only blemish. Of course, the whole organisation's activity was then viewed through that prism by the narrow minded. Fortunately, they dont count.

Got to pull you up on that one.

Aim of the game from the off was solely stopping Everton leaving the city

Everything else wasn't public knowledge till a year later where they change their tactics from it being about moving outside the city, to the sham that was the entire move when more information came out.

Moving outside the city became irrelevant to the bigger picture

Last edited:
Got to pull you up on that one.

Aim of the game from the off was solely stopping Everton leaving the city

Everything else wasn't public knowledge till a year later where they change their tactics from it being about moving outside the city, to the sham that was the entire move when more information came out.

Moving outside the city became irrelevant to the bigger picture

It wasn't irrelevant at all, it was central to their argument throughout the campaign from start to finish. How could it not have been when their major point was that the move to Knowsley would take the club outside the core area of it's support and also away from transport hubs and the commercial life of a large city? They were consistent, there was no 'change of tactics'.

It wasn't irrelevant at all, it was central to their argument throughout the campaign from start to finish. How could it not have been when their major point was that the move to Knowsley would take the club outside the core area of it's support and also away from transport hubs and the commercial life of a large city? They were consistent, there was no 'change of tactics'.

That took a back burner to pulling up everything wrong with the transportation, the ground, the deal etc

The "narrow minded" already knew about the move being outside the city but didnt care too much because they had faith in the stadium and what it could offer....they didn't illuminate anything with that because it was already out there.

The things they made the fans aware of was everything else and not what they were initially set up for - solely stopping the club leaving the city

If the move was everything they promised ...they'd just be upset with leaving the city, something every fan knew about. But it turned into a different thing altogether and much bigger than that

That took a back burner to pulling up everything wrong with the transportation, the ground, the deal etc

The "narrow minded" already knew about the move being outside the city but didnt care too much because they had faith in the stadium and what it could offer....they didn't illuminate anything with that because it was already out there.

The things they made the fans aware of was everything else and not what they were initially set up for - solely stopping the club leaving the city

If the move was everything they promised ...they'd just be upset with leaving the city, something every fan knew about. But it turned into a different thing altogether and much bigger than that

They certainly got involved with the question of the stadium and the deal involved with it, but that too was all about asking why the club were hell bent on leaving the city when alternative sites and stadium possibilities in Liverpool (including a GP reconstruction) made better financial sense in the long run. It's pointless saying they went off message. All the issues were inter-related.

They certainly got involved with the question of the stadium and the deal involved with it, but that too was all about asking why the club were hell bent on leaving the city when alternative sites and stadium possibilities in Liverpool (including a GP reconstruction) made better financial sense in the long run. It's pointless saying they went off message. All the issues were inter-related.

You said from inception they were viewed by narrow minded people. That's because their arguement was basic to something that was billed as a great opportunity for the club

It wasn't till **** "got real" with the deal overall and the logistics that they began to have a good case to be heard, had more than just the basic argument they started off with

You said from inception they were viewed by narrow minded people. That's because their arguement was basic to something that was billed as a great opportunity for the club

It wasn't till **** "got real" with the deal overall and the logistics that they began to have a good case to be heard, had more than just the basic argument they started off with

I dont recognise that argument, tbh. There was no purely territorial point being pursued earlier on that alienated people, later to be replaced by a more sophisticated, non-geographic based line that started hitting home with more people. It was a consistently arguied campaign from begining to end. Maybe reading some of the forums and picking up that perception from some supporters gave that impression, but it was never the core argument from those involved.

I dont recognise that argument, tbh. There was no purely territorial point being pursued earlier on that alienated people, later to be replaced by a more sophisticated, non-geographic based line that started hitting home with more people. It was a consistently arguied campaign from begining to end. Maybe reading some of the forums and picking up that perception from some supporters gave that impression, but it was never the core argument from those involved.

I was going off you saying fans were narrow minded of keioc from inception when their arguement was always clear.

My point was that from the off they didn't have much to offer early on other than what fans already knew, so they can't have been narrow minded

That was until more important information came to light to add and open more to their campaign for fans to take notice IMO

I was going off you saying fans were narrow minded of keioc from inception when their arguement was always clear.

My point was that from the off they didn't have much to offer early on other than what fans already knew, so they can't have been narrow minded

That was until more important information came to light to add and open more to their campaign for fans to take notice IMO

I'd go with that to a degree, yeah. The campaign defo evolved. I see what you're saying. My overall point on the narrow minded stuff is that that mentality was retained to the end of the campaign regardless of the way things evolved (and incredibly - as we see on here - the narrow mindedness and stubborness to not recognise good work is still with us).

Why would Kenwright have a meeting with them and not expect stuff to come out? I'm wondering whether he's playing the victim to try and turn public opinion against the group before they can get any momentum together. What difference does it really make whether it was recorded or not, apart from on ethical grounds? Would Kenwright talk to a journalist 'off the record'? He's either been incredibly naive or he's played a blinder.

Why would Kenwright have a meeting with them and not expect stuff to come out? I'm wondering whether he's playing the victim to try and turn public opinion against the group before they can get any momentum together. What difference does it really make whether it was recorded or not, apart from on ethical grounds? Would Kenwright talk to a journalist 'off the record'? He's either been incredibly naive or he's played a blinder.

its what I've said

Shotgun, foot, d1ckheads!!!

KEIOC viewed the move to Kirkby as disastrous...geographically.....in terms of the stadium quality.....in terms of non existent transport links.......and financially.

They laced the knobhounds running this club, in the media, and in the inquiry legal debate/presentation. A very clinical and professional campaign.

But well tried Kev, and keep working on your arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back