The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kenwright out"... yep, okay. We're going nowhere and I'm fed up too.

But who in? Kenwright and his cronies may be as sleazy as they come and they may be sucking the club dry in however many ways you can think of. But who on earth would want to invest in Everton? We're not an attractive proposition at all.

Something needs to change and so I applaud the response, but looking around to see most recent takeovers end in misery and even humiliation, I'm not filled with confidence either way.

COYB anyway, like. 3 points will make everything a bit more bearable.

But who in? Kenwright and his cronies may be as sleazy as they come and they may be sucking the club dry in however many ways you can think of. But who on earth would want to invest in Everton? We're not an attractive proposition at all.

Something needs to change and so I applaud the response, but looking around to see most recent takeovers end in misery and even humiliation, I'm not filled with confidence either way.

unit if we dont get someone soon there wont be an everton ,how can you run a club like these clowns do,so we settle for losing another £5 mill plus this year , plus a felli or barkley next year to keep the banks happy , how many more years of lies can we take

unit if we dont get someone soon there wont be an everton ,how can you run a club like these clowns do,so we settle for losing another £5 mill plus this year , plus a felli or barkley next year to keep the banks happy , how many more years of lies can we take

I agree mate but it's alright saying "someone".

Who is this someone? Do they even exist?

We are not an attractive proposition.

I don't expect Kenwright to go away, he'll come with something like he always does but the positive stuff about this protest is that it shows frustration of the last 3 to 4 years exploding like a bomb. It may get bigger as time moves on and the message it's showing is that there are fans out there who support Everton as much as pro Kenwright fans do but they are CONCERNED for their club and can't stand it anymore. The time when they would just buy everything Kenwright has to say or suggest is over. EVERTON IS THE PEOPLE'S CLUB AND THE PEOPLE HAVE WOKEN UP!

Last edited:
Why aren't the Kenwright out lot happy at us selling Arteta and giving the money to the banks? Surely the less overdraft and debts we have the more appealing the club is to investors and potential buyers?

Once again it looks like an emotional perspective has won out over a logical one.

Lets protest against Kenwright until such time as we sell to someone who is really gonna asset strip the club of all its players, stadium etc.

But of course most people seem to think that Everton isn't labouring under the same business model as everyone else in football and that millions of billionaires stand in line waiting to splash stadiums and cash on Everton if only Kenwright would relinquish his grip.

Fight for transparency. Try and get rid of Kenwright. But don't expect any miracles. It's as likely to get worse as it is better.

Why aren't the Kenwright out lot happy at us selling Arteta and giving the money to the banks? Surely the less overdraft and debts we have the more appealing the club is to investors and potential buyers?

Once again it looks like an emotional perspective has won out over a logical one.

Lets protest against Kenwright until such time as we sell to someone who is really gonna asset strip the club of all its players, stadium etc.

But of course most people seem to think that Everton isn't labouring under the same business model as everyone else in football and that millions of billionaires stand in line waiting to splash stadiums and cash on Everton if only Kenwright would relinquish his grip.

Fight for transparency. Try and get rid of Kenwright. But don't expect any miracles. It's as likely to get worse as it is better.

Ermm, wouldn't an investor have to pay the same price ultimately? The amount knocked off the debt is ultimately just added to the clubs value, isn't it?

Andy Hunter:

"The Blue Union, the Everton supporters' group that has accused the club of stagnating under the ownership of Bill Kenwright, has been granted permission by Merseyside Police to hold a protest march before Saturday's home game against Aston Villa.

Hundreds of supporters attended a first public meeting of the Blue Union in Liverpool city centre on Saturday, when it was agreed to stage a protest outside Goodison Park, amid anger at the continued lack of investment in David Moyes's squad. The organisers intend to march to the directors' entrance on Goodison Road shortly before kick-off against Villa.

Kenwright, the Everton chairman, has been unable to attract new investment despite a search lasting several years, and outlined the club's parlous financial state in a recent meeting with Blue Union representatives. Though the Blue Union has divided opinion among Evertonians, who have yet to see Kenwright receive an offer for his majority shareholding, it denies the protests are intended solely to oust the Everton chairman.

In a statement announcing Saturday's march, it said: "The aim of the Blue Union is simple, it's not to get Bill Kenwright out, it's certainly not some mindless attempt to sack the board. Its aim is to promote the concept of allowing the CEO to be left to concentrate on reducing costs, developing our revenue streams and repairing the relationship with the fanbase whilst leaving the board to appoint a fully autonomous group of professional individuals who can effectively develop and implement a strategy that will identify and sell the club to a buyer who can demonstrate an ability and a genuine desire to take the club forward on both a commercial and football level."

The fans would be reassured he was serious about selling, and was not holding out for a mega profit on the back of years of no investment into/no growth of the business. *

*which is exactly why he won't declare a price

mega profit in 1 nelly my mate

So, what price would you consider "fair" for the club and what price would be considered "mega profits?"

Ballpoint figures will do.

"I'm bored with that question. I'm not answering that question." :unsure:

For me Kenwright is welcome to anything up to a 20% mark up on his purchase price. Not bad considering his disastrous stewardship of the business.

"I'm bored with that question. I'm not answering that question." :unsure:

For me Kenwright is welcome to anything up to a 20% mark up on his purchase price. Not bad considering his disastrous stewardship of the business.

Bluefox, care to advance this figure? Or are you happy with that? Or with your extensive knowledge can you name a reasonable price the club should be sold at? I only ask 'cuss you made the statement. Only asking you to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back