The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's laughable.

The Blue Union et al have latched onto the financial difficulties and assumed that someone else a) wants to buy and b.) would do a better job. The reality is that - post Rooney - Everton have continued to borrow and, with limited cash flow and profitability have been struggling to compete with clubs in stronger financial position than us - the banks have made the club cut their cloth according to the situation - £20M plus back is a great bit of business but, in doing that, some will latch onto the loss of Arteta, no money for Moyes etc etc. - WHAT ARE THE BOARD supposed to do? Spend and put us in deep cack or be prudent?

Some of that problem revolves around Everton's fiscal management, some around the current economic situation and some just bad planning. The reality is that, despite not having a pot to pss in we aren't necessarily going down the pan but some are creating a self fulfilling prophecy by antagonising the board into rash judgement. Whatever the club do will be wrong by some people! At least Moyes can't drop his favourites while he's got no one to pick!

they just want a massive profit on their shares.
well I would hope they'd want *some* profit - it'd confirm they were crap businessmen if they didn't... ok perhaps if they're being generous, at least what they bought for the shares...

but the sums it would take to get everton and wipe the debt are frightening... you could probably sink the entire £126m lottery prize tonight and I guess it would just about buy the shares and wipe the debt... but then you'd need additional money for a new stadium, a transfer budget etc...

perhaps you could leave the debt for a while, the banks would no doubt be happy if someone came in that could fund a stadium and transfers thus increasing the chances of greater revenues - but either way, serious money is needed and it's not like groups like that grow on trees...

???The exact same way the glazers are about to sell 25% of Man Utd for almost what the paid to buy the whole club. Just on a smaller scale to begin with. It's not about taking dividends, rather the re-sale value a savvy businessman could achieve by putting the club on a better footing, building a winning team on the pitch and boosting the commercial aspects of the club.

Strange, the united fan base seem to think they are the devil incarnate.

What do you know they don't? You really think leveraged buy outs are the way forward?

You really think that our situation is analogous to united's? i.e arguably the worlds biggest football brand, with a huge stadium with corporate facilities and global sponsors fighting over any commercial tie in?

And EFC who lets face it, have to fight for airtime in Liverpool let alone internationally.

Evertonians for change the friggin record reckon we should be playing Osman or Barkley in the hole behind the front striker. Discuss.

This lot remind me of George Lucas & his continual updates of the Star Wars series! Its all the same SHlT, but with a new gimmick here & there to keep you coming back.

Hope they have the dressing room windows closed on saturday, and I hope the fans put as much energy into shouting for the team as they are in organizing protests. I have a bad feeling about it all. Bad timing, bad press. I can just see MOTD now...

According to the BBC article, the players are "intangible" assets. Nothing could be further from the truth. Clubs hold the registration of players which they trade on the market. That makes them very tangible. I mention this only because it makes the guy being interviewed lose credibility.

Hope they have the dressing room windows closed on saturday, and I hope the fans put as much energy into shouting for the team as they are in organizing protests. I have a bad feeling about it all. Bad timing, bad press. I can just see MOTD now...

According to the BBC article, the players are "intangible" assets. Nothing could be further from the truth. Clubs hold the registration of players which they trade on the market. That makes them very tangible. I mention this only because it makes the guy being interviewed lose credibility.

A players value is not tangible because it's highly subjective. Form, injuries, etc; a players perceived value can change at any given time.

Open the attached link and forward an email to the Echo! Evertonians let the Liverpool Echo know about there lack of support!

http://clubeverton.co.uk/news_archive/evertonians-for-change-letter-campaign

That's pointless mate. Their editorial standpoint is up to them, that just reeks of trying to bully them into a view of a section of blues. Quite a few of my mates aren't behind the Blue Union so why would you lobby the local paper unless you had a mandate from the vast majority of fans? Stuff like that would put people off getting behind it, truth be told.

I don't know why anyone's arsed about the Echo anyway, its a crap rag. Focus on getting good blues in number on Saturday to show depth of feeling instead of doing churlish stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back