The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading that Elstone tripe again and this bit went in under the radar at the first time of reading it:

"Everton Football Club is for sale, despite accusations to the contrary. This has been the case for three years and it will remain the case until such time as someone is found with the finances capable of ensuring we can compete at the very highest level of the game both at home and in Europe."

Doesn't seem that controversial, but what he's saying is that unless it's a City/Chelsea style takeover (which, of course, comes with daft overvaluation of shares) then this lot aren't selling up to anyone who cant come in and 'ensure' quick progress to the CL and and being able to compete in it. So they're ruling out anyone with a bit more money who could come in and have a go at trying their ideas to grow the club and progress slowly but surely (the type of takeover that wont give daft money for overvalued shares).

Very revealing little passage that from our mountain biking CEO. Duly noted.

I'm neither BU or BK, more of a fence sitter along with RFUS, can somebody explain just one thing....the 'fans' who are anti-Bill say one of their main complaints is lack of communication from club/board, so club/board release statement and it's ridiculed by one and all. So, hypothetically, club/board don't release any statements, then the noise about no communication starts again, so club/board release statement which is ridiculed, so club/board say nothing, noise starts again, statement, ridicule, silence, noise, statement, ridicule, silence, noise, ad infinitum.....is anything actually being achieved, other than highlighting the mess to national media and maybe scaring off potential investors?

Just reading that Elstone tripe again and this bit went in under the radar at the first time of reading it:

"Everton Football Club is for sale, despite accusations to the contrary. This has been the case for three years and it will remain the case until such time as someone is found with the finances capable of ensuring we can compete at the very highest level of the game both at home and in Europe."

Doesn't seem that controversial, but what he's saying is that unless it's a City/Chelsea style takeover (which, of course, comes with daft overvaluation of shares) then this lot aren't selling up to anyone who cant come in and 'ensure' quick progress to the CL and and being able to compete in it. So they're ruling out anyone with a bit more money who could come in and have a go at trying their ideas to grow the club and progress slowly but surely (the type of takeover that wont give daft money for overvalued shares).

Very revealing little passage that from our mountain biking CEO. Duly noted.

I was thinking just that whilst reading it, where in for a long few years lar

I'm neither BU or BK, more of a fence sitter along with RFUS, can somebody explain just one thing....the 'fans' who are anti-Bill say one of their main complaints is lack of communication from club/board, so club/board release statement and it's ridiculed by one and all. So, hypothetically, club/board don't release any statements, then the noise about no communication starts again, so club/board release statement which is ridiculed, so club/board say nothing, noise starts again, statement, ridicule, silence, noise, statement, ridicule, silence, noise, ad infinitum.....is anything actually being achieved, other than highlighting the mess to national media and maybe scaring off potential investors?

My arse

Even if a mega rich investor came in, won't it be too late with the financial fair play rules kicking in from next season?

We'll only be able to accumulate so much debt beyoned our clubs generated income. To me, getting in a board that can get a new, state of the art stadium built, so we can generate\spend more money is key.

The point I have, and I'm not BU either...

Is that there was absolutely NO NEED to have Derek Hatton all over evertonfc.com

Neither is there any need for ESPN to be able to be quoting a "close friend" either singing lyrical about Bill Kenwright's sales technique.

Its this type of PR activity that is really pissing people like me off.

Specifically. the use of OUR club's website to engage in tit for tat arguments from what can only be called "representatives" of the board.

Like a bloody playground.

But then again, cutting the AGM's was another cause of this entire situation.

Said it. In the words of the wise. Owner-Supporter disconnect.

Last edited:
I believe he's been in talks. I'm not as cynical as most on here and it makes sense if you look at it as an outsider.

Due to all the press that we've been getting after this transfer window, there is no surprise that investors would magically appear, but I wouldn't consider them altruistic. Ever heard the concept of sharks smelling blood in the water? Up until now we've been viewed as "available for the right price" but after the antics by the team, fans, blue union, press, etc over the last window, it looks like now may be the time to try and swoop in and "buy low". We look injured and desperate and may finally be a "motivated seller."

For this reason, I for one hope that Bill remains strong in the principle of finding THE RIGHT BUYER, not just someone with the funds. We are ripe for someone to come in looking to buy low and sell high and looking for profit more than the club's health and longevity right now (aka hedge fund move).

Don't get me wrong, I want Bill to find new investment in the club, and I'd welcome a day when he's NOT chairman, but the grass isn't always greener with new investment.

I was thinking just that whilst reading it, where in for a long few years lar

That part raised an eyebrow with me too. Interesting. Seems like bill will only sell to someone of City proportions who can guarantee success straight away, rather than someone of decent wealth who might bring us forward through good business management and forward thinking.

Even if a mega rich investor came in, won't it be too late with the financial fair play rules kicking in from next season?

We'll only be able to accumulate so much debt beyoned our clubs generated income. To me, getting in a board that can get a new, state of the art stadium built, so we can generate\spend more money is key.

Yes mate we've already missed the boat as far as im concerned. In that unlikely event we could always sell the stadium naming rights for a billion pounds I suppose.

" Originally Posted by sisyphus

Everything written in that article stinks of a fairytale made up to assuage disgruntled fans. Until Everton can get rid of the three degrees and bring in a creative owner then we are doomed. These guys have remortgaged the house many times , they havent invested any of their money. We need Paul McCartney ffs... "

Not going to happen, ever...

He loves his money too much, the tight old git.

Stadium spending is not included in the Fairplay rules, and the sponsorship guidelines look pretty ropey. A big takeover isn't out of the question, I dont think. But these cynical bastards are just holding out the prospect of such a takeover for their own purposes. They could give a flying **** if anyone came in and took Everton onto a new level asap - they just want a massive profit on their shares.

Is that there was absolutely NO NEED to have Derek Hatton all over evertonfc.com

Neither is there any need for ESPN to be able to be quoting a "close friend" either singing lyrical about Bill Kenwright's sales technique.

Specifically. the use of OUR club's website to engage in tit for tat arguments from what can only be called "representatives" of the board.

The OS is indicative of what's wrong with the Club. Carefully manicured, user-friendly soundbytes, no news until the rest of the world already knows it, and no facility for meaningful dialogue with the fans. If you want to know what's happening at the Club, the OS should be your last port of call; Toffeeweb and GOT are far more informative.

But it's ok for the bu to go tweeting to journo's inviting them on Everton forums to find content for their anti club rhetoric.
Journalists like Bascombe,who once wrote a report on a derby without mentioning Everton once. Now I'am of the firm belief that that man would never do anything for the benefit of this club,but in fact would act if it was to the detriment of this club.
Pr spin from the club,yeah right kettle calling the pot black there.

The OS is indicative of what's wrong with the Club. Carefully manicured, user-friendly soundbytes, no news until the rest of the world already knows it, and no facility for meaningful dialogue with the fans. If you want to know what's happening at the Club, the OS should be your last port of call; Toffeeweb and GOT are far more informative.

You're having a laugh there.

Its not that, its the PR spin that is the issue.

And it being used as a PERSONAL mouth piece of the board et al and commercial directors.

Derek Hatton. On evertonfc.com

WHY?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Then there's the snidey back and forth between BU and the boards-PR spinners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back