The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A players value is not tangible because it's highly subjective. Form, injuries, etc; a players perceived value can change at any given time.

Intangible refers to a resource or asset that cannot be purchased on the market. For example a firms brand or reputation is not something that can just be bought. A player can be bought, and while the value of that player is subjective, the asset itself is tangible. Anyway this is off thread.

I dont understand where that feller's coming from. He agrees with about 99% of what he heard at the Blue Union meeting and then he takes away that support because he says protesting is 'not what Evertonians do'. Well he must have been asleep during the Johnson era with supporters barracading him in Goodison (only to be smuggled out of the premises by Bill in his Bentley) with people throwing themselves over the bonnet; and he must have missed the thousands on the pitch after the Coventry game screaming for his head; and he must have forgotten that Johnson couldn't attend a game at GP for fear over his safety.

He's just a contrarian.

Intangible refers to a resource or asset that cannot be purchased on the market. For example a firms brand or reputation is not something that can just be bought. A player can be bought, and while the value of that player is subjective, the asset itself is tangible. Anyway this is off thread.

The prefix "in" adds all of that? My dictionary defines "Tangible" as thus: a : capable of being perceived especially by the sense of touch : palpable b : substantially real : material
: capable of being precisely identified or realized by the mind <her grief was tangible>
: capable of being appraised at an actual or approximate value <tangible assets>

The last sentence is key. The predicament we are in, is that Accts and banks don't recognise players value.

Is it true that we dont own Goodison park and finch farm . Well i know we dont own FF but not sure about GP .

If so what are you buying if you buy Everton , the players and the EFC brand .

Going to be hard to sell if thats it .

Strange, the united fan base seem to think they are the devil incarnate.

What do you know they don't? You really think leveraged buy outs are the way forward?

You really think that our situation is analogous to united's? i.e arguably the worlds biggest football brand, with a huge stadium with corporate facilities and global sponsors fighting over any commercial tie in?

And EFC who lets face it, have to fight for airtime in Liverpool let alone internationally.

You asked the question how an investor can make money from football? You said you will go and march if I gave you a perfectly plausible answer, which I did. Does this mean I'll see you at the march?

United's ground weren't always that big, they weren't always considered the worlds biggest club, they went 20 odd years without getting near the title and they were as poorly managed at one point as we are now. Does this scenario ring any bells?

Someone with foresight and acumen saw the potential and developed what we see today, that happened on and off the pitch. Who's to say that can't be us in 20yrs time??? Or do we just give up and slide aimlessly away from view?

I didn't say leveraged buyouts were the way forward or that the Glazers are great, but even the most myopic septic tank can see how they have developed the club. I agree with the green and gold campaign because as things stand football stinks. But I'd rather us be winning while it stinks that stagnate and potentially die. United have been in 3 of the last four CL finals and have picked up league titles non stop since the Glazers took over. They weren't as succesful in europe as they are now before the takeover. That can't be argued!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back