The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"'At every AGM, EGM and shareholders' meeting, I say, "Guys, I don't want to be here this time next year. I don't want to be in this situation where you are asking me about money again". And I don't."

I thought they stopped them a while back?

For me it's more about the missed opportunities than anything else, and there are so, so many, and always some outlandish reason for the failure. Anyone would think the club had been cursed by gypsies or something. That and the lack of long-term planning.

I feel a bit sorry for Bill though, ultimately. I do believe him when he says the right buyer hasn't made themself available. It's all well and good wanting the club sold but there does need to be someone who wants to buy it. I think Silas sums it up pretty well for me too, really.

Last edited:
"'At every AGM, EGM and shareholders' meeting, I say, "Guys, I don't want to be here this time next year. I don't want to be in this situation where you are asking me about money again". And I don't."

I thought they stopped them a while back?

For me it's more about the missed opportunities than anything else, and there are so, so many, and always some outlandish reason for the failure. Anyone would think the club had been cursed by gypsies or something. That and the lack of long-term planning.

I feel a bit sorry for Bill though, ultimately. I do believe him when he says the right buyer hasn't made themself available. It's all well and good wanting the club sold but there does need to be someone who wants to buy it. I think Silas sums it up pretty well for me too, really.

...at the right price.

Kenwright/ elstone etc have got this past week badly wrong in my eyes. From their point of view I think the best tactic would have been to keep their heads down and not give any of these events the oxygen of publicity. Instead Elstone has called the aims laughable and now we have this hagiography in the mail. I think they've come across as manipulative and condescending, and I think they have probably swayed some floating voters to protest against them with the spin that's come out in the past week. It also makes them look rattled. I think it's going to be very hard for Kenwright to come back from this.

I think both sides have made mistakes this week but the club have only added to their problems by getting as many people as possible to come out and say everything's good.

How come it was alright for Liverpool to go on protest marches but it's not ok for everton? It's not like we'll be burning American flags!

Because Kenwrong's got chums in the media and H&G could be easily portrayed as villains. Oh, and half the football meeja are ex-kopite players.

And they had that comedy video with Pete Price, baghead Hooton, Ricky Tomlinson, the untalented one from The La's, various wools and professional scousers, and McCullough comparing their situation to having your family raped in front of you. If we ever come to that I'll start supporting Marine.

Kenwright/ elstone etc have got this past week badly wrong in my eyes. From their point of view I think the best tactic would have been to keep their heads down and not give any of these events the oxygen of publicity. Instead Elstone has called the aims laughable and now we have this hagiography in the mail. I think they've come across as manipulative and condescending, and I think they have probably swayed some floating voters to protest against them with the spin that's come out in the past week. It also makes them look rattled. I think it's going to be very hard for Kenwright to come back from this.

I've been amazed at how cack handed they've been. The Elstone slur was like poking a stick into a hornet's nest.

I think both sides have made mistakes this week but the club have only added to their problems by getting as many people as possible to come out and say everything's good.

What would you say was a mistake from the BU this week?

I've been amazed at how cack handed they've been. The Elstone slur was like poking a stick into a hornet's nest.

What would you say was a mistake from the BU this week?

Wasn't keen on the letters at Finch Farm or messaging them on twitter and not convinced at all by this cake and card thing.

Cakes and cards? How dare they. I hope our plucky little men in blue jerseys weren't too traumatised.

No that's today Dave (I am well informed). Presenting a cake and card to the club? Really? It's gimmicky and it's not acting with the class and dignity I expect from the lads.

No that's today Dave (I am well informed). Presenting a cake and card to the club? Really? It's gimmicky and it's not acting with the class and dignity I expect from the lads.

Letters at FF; Tweeting to players; cakes and cards today...hardly bullets in the post is it? I cant see what the big deal is.

Letters at FF; Tweeting to players; cakes and cards today...hardly bullets in the post is it? I cant see what the big deal is.

I didn't say it was a big deal but for the sake of balance (seriously Dave that is a real word) I look at the complete picture. An interview with the Mail isn't a big deal either but people are quick enough to comment on that.

I didn't say it was a big deal but for the sake of balance (seriously Dave that is a real word) I look at the complete picture. An interview with the Mail isn't a big deal either but people are quick enough to comment on that.

the cake think is a bit daft, and ff is wrong should keep it real .that stuff sort of takes the piss a bit think they lose a bit dignity by doing that, should lash seats or cushions at the directors box thats the everton way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back