The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they dont mate. I give you the words of Bill Kenwright yesterday:

'If I didn't think I could make this club successful I wouldn't still be here. I'm not downbeat. I'm 66 but I still think the best is to come.'

Scary stuff. Blue Bill - 12 years in charge and showing zero apptitude for the post - declaring he's seen the promised land and he's going to lead us to it. He's overseen one of the most unsuccessful period's in the history of the club in terms of competitive success. That should send a chill down the spine of all blues.

Lol well i suppose if we won the Carling or the FA Cup this season he would be right - i dont see it but there you go. I dont think hes digging his heels tbh, i think he knows he has to go, i think hes pursuing it.

Tbh it wont make a blind bit of difference as far as im concerned unless you have an oilarch or backed by a sovergin state, the odds are stacked against you progressing into the CL, so success and mediocre are broad definitions - depending on who your talking to.

So pretty much feck all will change for me, apart from our ability to take on more debt under a new owner. Its devil you know/or not stuff, that said we have hit the skids in terms of our credit lifecycle under this ownership.

Last edited:
Lol well if we i suppose if we won the Carling or the FA Cup this season he would be right - i dont see it but there you go. I dont think hes digging his heels tbh, i think he knows he has to go, i think hes pursueing it.

Tbh it wont make a blind bit of difference as far as im concerned unless you have an oilarch or backed by a sovergin state, the odds are stacked against you progressing into the CL.

So pretty much feck all will change apart from our ability to take on more debt under a new owner. Its devil you know stuff, that said we have hit the skids in terms of our credit lifecycle under this ownership.

I dont know about others, but that's not what I want. What I want is for Everton to make a bit more cash, then be able to spend said cash without it going to the bank. Debt isn't the way forward at all

Well for some reason, my words have an annoying added weight behind them. I guarantee I'll receive a bickering e-mail or two on the back of what I'm about to say.

They're Blues - trying to do what they perceive to be the best for the Club we all love.

But they're a piss poor representative fan group - 'led' by too many egos who are tagging onto this Blue Union desperate to elevate themselves as super fans. I can take egoism - but only when the brain warrants it.

An example of that would have been immediately withdrawing from the interview with Kenwright when they heard they were not allowed to record it's contents and promoted that very fact...

They need a brain and a face. Someone like Silas on here. They dont have either. Until they do, they're doing more damage than good. Yesterday demonstrated that.

And now there is public support for Kenwright. Where did that come from?

It's a fair point if you call support for Kenwright sitting in a bucket seat clapping for ten seconds. It's a pretty nonsenscal barometer - it's like someone claiming him getting booed last time he was shown on the big screen means that a crowd of thirty odd thousand are dead set against him.

I dont know about others, but that's not what I want. What I want is for Everton to make a bit more cash, then be able to spend said cash without it going to the bank. Debt isn't the way forward at all

Like i say mate, its the devil you know/not stuff.

Talking about investment or a takeover - isnt likely to be the sweet heart deal many expect - at best we may in fact clear some of our existing debt - prob to build back up again. Unless of course - we get an oilarch or sovergin state as an owner - i dont think its likely though.

Everton/Bill Kenwright don't control the BBC broadcast editorial policy mate....

Have to disagree here. There is someone who controls the screens, as proved in other games when a camera switches to Moyes or a controversial incident is about to be replayed, an advert will appear until the match resumes. They knew exactly what they were doing. Against QPR when we were getting beat Kenwright was shown for 2-3 seconds and replaced with an advert.

Lol well i suppose if we won the Carling or the FA Cup this season he would be right - i dont see it but there you go. I dont think hes digging his heels tbh, i think he knows he has to go, i think hes pursuing it.

Tbh it wont make a blind bit of difference as far as im concerned unless you have an oilarch or backed by a sovergin state, the odds are stacked against you progressing into the CL.

So pretty much feck all will change for me, apart from our ability to take on more debt under a new owner. Its devil you know/or not stuff, that said we have hit the skids in terms of our credit lifecycle under this ownership.

It'll change - there'll be a slow inevitable drift down the pecking order.

I dont think we're a million mles apart - the difference being you see a willingness to open the club up to new blood for the good of the club; I see that willingness only happening when the magic number is uttered into Kewnright's ear and he passes the info on to those with the say so to sell Everton. At that point, the present owners wont be arsed about fit and proper person tests or plans for Everton's future.

I dont think we're a million mles apart - the difference being you see a willingness to open the club up to new blood for the good of the club; I see that willingness only happening when the magic number is uttered into Kewnright's ear and he passes the info on to those with the say so to sell Everton. At that point, the present owners wont be arsed about fit and proper person tests or plans for Everton's future.

I dont think so tbh mate, the whole thing is a bit of an irrelvancey as far as i am concerned, if it takes what City and Chelsea have spent to crack the CL places - which is bascily the only show in town - i cant see it happening, new owner or no.

As for the dynamic in terms of the tipping point for a takeover, who knows im surre finance is important - lets live in the real world the shares arent going to be given away. If im honest though, i dont think there is much interest, if it was me i would go after Newcaslte before us also. For me we are not as attractive as a takeover proposition as many seem to think.

Last edited:

People are forever saying Kenwright's valuation of the Club is too high - if that was the case, wouldn't the interested party adopt a "Steve Morgan Liverpool" approach?

I dont think so tbh mate, the whole thing is a bit of an irrelvancey as far as i am concerned, if it takes what City and Chelsea have spent to crack the CL places - which is bascily the only show in town - i cant see it happening, new owner or no.

As for the dynamic in terms of the tipping point for a takeover, who knows im surre fiance is important - lets live in the real world the shares arent going to be given away. If im honest though, i dont think there is much interest, if it was me i would go after Newcaslte before us also. For me we are not as attractive as a takeover proposition as many seem to think.

It doesnt take City money, unless you have a gash team like City had.

It just takes the right Manager and the right signings and of course a healthy cash injection every Season, nothing stupid, just a net spend.

It just takes the right Manager and the right signings and of course a healthy cash injection every Season, nothing stupid, just a net spend.

That is a beleif mate, a stab in the dark, evidance conveys the contrary - especially when you look at the clubs that have needed to breach the gap quickly namely Chelsea and City and the level of investment it took.

Would we knock say Chelsea, City, Utd out of the CL places with a net spend of 20 mill a season.

Personaly i would say no.

That is a beleif mate, a stab in the dark, evidance conveys the contrary - especially when you look at the clubs that have needed to breach the gap quickly namely Chelsea and City and the level of investment it took.

Would we knock say Chelsea, City, Utd out of the CL places with a net spend of 20 mill a season.

Personaly i would say no.

Its hard to say, if we had spent 20m net since we broke the CL placing in 2005? and retained "maybe" Rooney, Lescott, Arteta and added the likes of Dzeko, Hazard, Witsel, Moutinho and Defour whos to say not?

Spurs havent really spent THAT much, net wise.

It's going to take the thick end of half a billion pounds (£500m) to buy the club, pay off debt, invest in the team and build a new stadium. No-one will want to buy the club and not do any of the above.

In this investment climate who is going to sink half a billion into Everton? No-one in my opinion, and that's why the people who want change without knowing what form that change will be are in my opinion dangerous to the clubs future.

Change is necessary, but change should only be sought when the solution is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back