Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think Dell Boy is getting too much stick n bat here.
It is good to have opinions like his in this forum, gives balance and perspective.

The problem is, the only area in which the club is profitable is player transactions, and once Moyes goes we won't have that either. (and the Board have done their best to cock that up too cough Fer cough Banega cough Ofoe cough Riquelme)

What is our business model? What is our plan for the future? Once all the assets have been sold off what then? They may say that we will have a new stadium in 5-10 years but unless they propose some plan of how to actually do this, it's just blowing smoke. They're still holding on to the preposterous idea of a groundshare FFS.

We may not go bust overnight like Portsmouth, but we will end up in the same place eventually if the current course is maintained.

I do think a lot of criticism is unfairly directed at Kenwright though, when in reality he only owns a minority of the club. I think it's probably the rest of the board and not him that are holding out for the high asking price. Still, BK wants to be the frontman, he's got to take the ****.

I honestly think that if the extremes on both side of this argument could actually formulate a cogent understanding between themselves, we may come up with the solution to propell Everton to the heights it used to know.

Sadly, we are miles away from that

The problem is, the only area in which the club is profitable is player transactions, and once Moyes goes we won't have that either. (and the Board have done their best to cock that up too cough Fer cough Banega cough Ofoe cough Riquelme)

What is our business model? What is our plan for the future? Once all the assets have been sold off what then? They may say that we will have a new stadium in 5-10 years but unless they propose some plan of how to actually do this, it's just blowing smoke. They're still holding on to the preposterous idea of a groundshare FFS.

We may not go bust overnight like Portsmouth, but we will end up in the same place eventually if the current course is maintained.

I do think a lot of criticism is unfairly directed at Kenwright though, when in reality he only owns a minority of the club. I think it's probably the rest of the board and not him that are holding out for the high asking price. Still, BK wants to be the frontman, he's got to take the ****.

I believe the plan in place at the moment is to hide under a big pile of coats, and hope it all works out fine

I believe the plan in place at the moment is to hide under a big pile of coats, and hope it all works out fine

The business model at the moment would appear to be get as far up the league as we while trying to keep the debt at a managable level. The club is in debt but not enough to sink it immediately.

The boards plan appears to be
Keep the ship floating
Find someone to buy it
Try and make a profit from selling
Make the club more attractive to buyers by spending just enough to keep the club nipping away at the European places so that a potential buyer thinks "I only have to invest x amount to get them over the finish line. Compared with club y, that's not too bad of an investment so I'll spend the z they're asking for, even though it appears a bit inflated, because I'll make it back after I've bought a couple of ringers and we've enjoyed a few seasons in the Champions League. I can then use the CL money to try and improve the stadium"

Problem is, that's a lot of effort for the potential buyer to do. The eventual fiscal rewards could be impressive, but it'd be a huge commitment. (Plus, it's not without risk too)

I honestly think the board should be looking to sell for less right now, but have things in play so that if the club is successful after the sale, they can still pocket some of the resulting moolah. There's more risk involved there though and I reckon they'll want the money up front because no one has any faith or patience in business these days

The new television deal could make it easier to sell the club as the monies that are available to the top clubs are truly mind boggling.
In addition to the money earned from the premiership an investor could also look at the extra revenue that a regular place in the CL could bring.
Everton are already in the mix for this position,so it's not as if a team would have to be built from scratch.The ground issue is the obstacle that is preventing a sale more than anything.

I want a new owner,but I want an owner that see the club as a long term investment .rather than a means of turning a quick profit leaving the club poorer in it's wake.
There are too many examples of that happening.

Again. Utter bollocks. But again nice of you to throw **** around.

Foul and abusive yet again Dell, no need lad, this forum welcomes unusual/novel opinions from the likes of yourself and other business/industry leaders if you can just restrain the language. Which were the other clubs damaged by the NTL failure btw ?

Absolutely , I'm glad we signed pienaar as a footballing deal but explain to me how that deal fits into any business model because clearly it doesn't . Whatever you write though mate and I think although light-hearted it's probably spot on others will point the finger and say "yeah but it could be worse we could be Pompey or Blackburn " or truly staggeringly "Chelsea " .

We have so many fans that would happily starve in the tent rather than take a risk of going outside because well "who knows what's out there"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back