Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I remember clearly his words when be took us over. There are plenty of issues to take him up on without this one. He said he was largely skint at the outset. Yes it is a criticism of him in not getting new investors on board and/or new owners. He has said on the record numerous times he's been trying to sell for years. The second there's a shred of proof that a serious party made an offer for the club etc etc then you can hold him to task.

The thing is Dell, he can find the investors when the pressure is on though. When Gregg attempted to take control, he brought the FSF to the table.

And, he eventually got Gregg out when Robert Earl bought his shares.

So Bill can find investors, but he finds the ones we should be watching out for in the first place. Robert Earl does not care about our club, he was brought in because he saw an oppertunity to make a return intially with DK. He will not sell up for Everton's best interests, he does not care. He wants his return, no doubt a decent one.

Come on man up - you said that Moyes has been selling players in order to pass funds up the line to Kenwright. That's not true is it?

Not sure what you're getting at in your second para. I'm saying that if you look at the records of a planning inquiry, or worst still have to sit through them, then all major protagonists play it out to the max. Hence Elstone's comments must be taken in the context of where they were said. That's all i'm saying there mate.
And therein lies your own methodology, you know eell enough that isn't what I stated in the context you put it, but he has sold players to balance books, including in which, are the interest payments on loans.
As for DK, that isn't the point that came across. Emphasising application points for dramatic effect is more akin to a theatre stage than a planning committee..perhaps that is where you were going?

If you want to debate on a bsde level, fair enough. Perhaps what I have stated is too comllex for you to comprehend beyond a pastry product? Could no existing deals be prohibitive to expansion of services or more beneficial partnerships ?
So, you behave, or learn, I've given you options there, enjoy

Hardly, it was simplistic nonsense imo, hence the reason why I dumbed it down to the level of an offal product.

You nor I have full details of the exit clauses in the deals with Sodexo & Kitbag, therefore we cannot pass judgement on whether those deals could possibly even factor, as a prohibitive factor in terms of future expansion. So why make the ridiculous leap to those (small beer) contracts being the issue that could deter a potential buyer?

But it does matter that city and Chelsea have no buisness models . If one day there owners jump ship and sell on then i doubt they will get someone with billions to buy again so they will get some owner who would be stuck with thier loss of profit and would be made to sell all thier players . We need to be ran like the German league . Clean and efficient with not huge amounts of money but enought to get success . It's not like we need a billionaire because as long as some one can give davey 20 million a window then we could get champions league which would help pay the debt of . We have a good starting 11 but just need that extra money for squad players which bill hasn't got

This is what I think with a football director/chairmen at the helm who was footballer/manager themselves. It has worked well in Germany and made them sustainable.

A lot of people are seemingly getting defensive due to the fact that even though the current model isn't working, there doesn't appear to be a decent answer on the horizon other than selling to the "right" person and, ultiimately, how the fudge do you know who the right person is until you sell it and they either do well or do poorly?

Kenwright will sell to the first person who coughs up his price and his price alone, its got nothing to do with selling to the right person.

I agree with a lot of that post. Re your first point of course a lack of money makes Kenwright a less than ideal chairman. But my point is it is wrong to have a go at him for not spending if he hasn't got it and declared that from day one.
I hear BK say this too and I'm not sure why it matters. It's a bit of a silly example but if he said "I'm going to get this team relegated!" from day one would we have no quarrel with him if we went down because he said it from the start?

AFAIK we didn't elect BK to his current position. He wasn't making "campaign promises." He made a decision to buy the club (which was fine as nobody in their right mind liked the previous owner) but with that decision comes responsibilities.

Maybe that buys him 3-5 years goodwill if you're generous but at some point just because he said it back then doesn't matter ... I had no recourse to prevent him gaining control of the club if I disagreed with his declaration.

I'm surprised more wasn't made of the fact the Kirkby planning application confirmed that the club couldn't be sold until the project was officially greenlit. That means the 24/7 search was more like 0/0 at a time when big money takeovers were most prevalent.

I do think they probably are open to offers now though.

The thing is Dell, he can find the investors when the pressure is on though. When Gregg attempted to take control, he brought the FSF to the table.

And, he eventually got Gregg out when Robert Earl bought his shares.

So Bill can find investors, but he finds the ones we should be watching out for in the first place. Robert Earl does not care about our club, he was brought in because he saw an oppertunity to make a return intially with DK. He will not sell up for Everton's best interests, he does not care. He wants his return, no doubt a decent one.

It would have been nice if Kenwright had explained the thinking behind inviting Earl to buy shares in Everton.

He has contributed quite literally nothing, and wants to make a huge profit on the £7m he bought 23% of the club for. To a cynic it could almost look as though he was brought in simply to shore up shares and protect his friend's position.

But it was a good deal. And in the circumstances every chairman lies to fans and has done since the game began.

I'm not arsed about what Bill and the board did with Campbell. My point is that selling. Jeffers was spot on and queryingwhether you were serious about being pissed off at Kenwright for spinning the transfer story?
so bill does tell lies to Evertonians...thanks mate.

so bill does tell lies to Evertonians...thanks mate.

But those are not lies any level-headed Evertonian would get bothered about.

Of course chairman and managers spin a load of crap when a player is sold. Happens almost every time. Even back in the good times I'd remember as a kid in the 80s crying when a favourite player was sold. Each time it would have been spun to suit the club - and rightly so.

White lies make the world go round. We all lie at least a dozen times a day.

But do you accept selling Jeffers was good business?

But those are not lies any level-headed Evertonian would get bothered about.

Of course chairman and managers spin a load of crap when a player is sold. Happens almost every time. Even back in the good times I'd remember as a kid in the 80s crying when a favourite player was sold. Each time it would have been spun to suit the club - and rightly so.

White lies make the world go round. We all lie at least a dozen times a day.

But do you accept selling Jeffers was good business?
so bill telling fans hes trying his best to keep our best striker and have offerd him a big big wage to keep him....but hes already told franny hes out.

you think thats a white lie, the mans a ****ing phoney...and in your words tells lies to Evertonians.

so bill telling fans hes trying his best to keep our best striker and have offerd him a big big wage to keep him....but hes already told franny hes out.

you think thats a white lie, the mans a ****ing phoney...and in your words tells lies to Evertonians.

Do you agree it was good business to sell or not?

If so - and, with respect, history would show it almost certainly was a good deal - then how it was spun to fans is simply not relevant.

Do you think other chairmen ever tell lies in spinning transfer deals?

Do you think previous chairmen at Everton have ever done it?

If so - and, with respect, history would show it almost certainly was a good deal - then how it was spun to fans is simply not relevant.

Very easy to use hindsight though. At the TIME, I was a bit annoyed that he was moved on, although the price was attractive, TBF to you. But he could have turned out to be a 25 goal a season striker for them, England regular, then sold to on RM for £20m one year later.

Wouldnt have looked so great then, would it?

it was a ****e deal at the time, he was the best young prospect in england .

Very easy to use hindsight though. At the TIME, I was a bit annoyed that he was moved on, although the price was attractive, TBF to you. But he could have turned out to be a 25 goal a season striker for them, England regular, then sold to on RM for £20m one year later.

Wouldnt have looked so great then, would it?

But it didn't. Knowing which players will make it and which won't is good management. One of the things that made ferguson and wenger great was knowing when to sell a player who they knew had peaked but no-one else did. Why do we credit them judgement and us luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back