Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it didn't. Knowing which players will make it and which won't is good management. One of the things that made ferguson and wenger great was knowing when to sell a player who they knew had peaked but no-one else did. Why do we credit them judgement and us luck?
who bought franny mate.

But it didn't. Knowing which players will make it and which won't is good management. One of the things that made ferguson and wenger great was knowing when to sell a player who they knew had peaked but no-one else did. Why do we credit them judgement and us luck?

Fair point indeed. Wasnt really saying the Jeffers transfer was good or bad business, just that using hindsight to make a point is easy. If BK thought he was past it in some way, which I doubt, then fair enough. Brilliant bit of business.

it was a ****e deal at the time, he was the best young prospect in england .

Are you serious? We neeed the cash and we sold the one trick pony at the peak of his valuation. And his subsequent scrapes with the law demonstrate other issues that could have de-railed him.

Best young prospect doesn't mean anything.

18 in 49 was very good for us no doubt about it.

But:

4 in 22 for Arsenal led to the boot back to us on loan.

0 in 18 the next season showed he had been found out by defenders.

After that:

3 in 20 for Charlton

0 in 18 for Rangers and Blackburn

4 in 9 for Ipswich offered some hope but then.....

5 in 54 for Sheffield Wednesday showed he couldn't even score at that level.

Forget his trips to Australia and Malta. He's now at Accrington Stanley. Exaccherrly.

Fair point indeed. Wasnt really saying the Jeffers transfer was good or bad business, just that using hindsight to make a point is easy. If BK thought he was past it in some way, which I doubt, then fair enough. Brilliant bit of business.

We've had too many dodgy transfer moments (Gosling, fer, naughton, offoe, banega, yakubu etc) for me to think kenwright actually is a genius at negotiation, mind.

We rarely make breathtakingly good deals when selling, if I'm honest. Getting wigan to pay 2 million for kilbane was a bit special like, not to mention the profit we made on brett angell but largely not really. But benefit of the doubt and all that.

Again, hindsight is brilliant. Joe & Dell are both right, in a way. At the time, Jeffers was a hot prospect, no doubt, but he was not fully cooked, and got found out. Could have been different, but wasnt.

We've had too many dodgy transfer moments (Gosling, fer, naughton, offoe, banega, yakubu etc) for me to think kenwright actually is a genius at negotiation, mind.

We rarely make breathtakingly good deals when selling, if I'm honest. Getting wigan to pay 2 million for kilbane was a bit special like, not to mention the profit we made on brett angell but largely not really. But benefit of the doubt and all that.

Lescott, Rodwell? Then again we were selling to the football equivalent of a crack addict.

Stick for The yak and billy well I suspect the shadowy hands of pini zahavi and green might be justified , ofoe however was a last minute thing because n'zonzi didn't like moyes or a loan deal . As for gosling I know people hammer kenwright but I think it was more gosling and his agent crossed a line there , I'm told verbal agreements did happen with a degree of frequency and it was the other syde whose reputation in the wilder football works that suffered.

Lescott, Rodwell? Then again we were selling to the football equivalent of a crack addict.

On lescott I was told at the time that moyes had really made his mind up on a genuine 'over my dead body' policy regarding any potential lescott sale which forced the price up until it was a no brainer .

Again, hindsight is brilliant. Joe & Dell are both right, in a way. At the time, Jeffers was a hot prospect, no doubt, but he was not fully cooked, and got found out. Could have been different, but wasnt.

So true mate franny if he'd stayed might have matured and been the real deal instead he left and his career went steadily downward , whether he was forced out or the owner manipulated the situation when the player wanted out we can continue to argue on.

ok, bill gave a 30 year old crock the money he got for jeffers.

thats great buissnes

ok, bill gave a 30 year old crock the money he got for jeffers.

thats great buissnes

Would that be the same Campbell who kept us up virtually single handedly?

He earned that contract & it has knack all to do with the fee we mugged off Wenger for jug ears

Don't worry lads, Kenwright is going to stop the North Korean nukes and be rewarded with an infinite amount of cash and we will then buy Messi, followed by Ronaldo and bringing back McFadden to the club before winning the 13/14 premier league followed by the champions league a year later. Optimism lads, optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back