Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See how this lad at Fulham gets on, Tony Fernandes springs to mind, its all well and good jibbing money but a lot depends on decision making also for my money. His American football team are gash arent they.

See how this lad at Fulham gets on, Tony Fernandes springs to mind, its all well and good jibbing money but a lot depends on decision making also for my money. His American football team are gash arent they.

How many times have we said that about other new owners who KEEP coming in and buying football clubs in the last 13 years.

We should have had our turn to find out years ago.

How many times have we said that about other new owners who KEEP coming in and buying football clubs in the last 13 years.

We should have had our turn to find out years ago.

Its academic to a degree though mate, Fulham and QPR would give their right nuts to have had the sustained success we have had over the last number of years, that could all change of course - but it under pins the decision making as a key peice of the role as an owner, chairman, board etc - not that im throwing laurels at our board by any stretch.

Its academic to a degree though mate, Fulham and QPR would give their right nuts to have had the sustained success we have had over the last number of years, that could all change of course - but it under pins the decision making as a key peice of the role as an owner, chairman, board etc - not that im throwing laurels at our board by any stretch.

The only decision the board got correct was Moyes. He alone sustained their "business model" of not investing yet finishing high in the league.

I keep getting accused of being doom-laden but the simple fact is if Martinez only does "well" with Everton the entire model collapses and the downward spiral will be unstoppable.

The only decision the board got correct was Moyes. He alone sustained their "business model" of not investing yet finishing high in the league.

I keep getting accused of being doom-laden but the simple fact is if Martinez only does "well" with Everton the entire model collapses and the downward spiral will be unstoppable.

I have similar concerns mate - but i guess our theory is about to be put to test - i do feel a little more optimistic then i did after Moyes left.

Agreed but we will never find out if we keep looking up fella,s in one bedroom flats and not handing over the sales process to professional fin institutions who get paid to find reputable buyers and bring offers to the table.

For me, it been BS for 13 years and has robbed this great club of moving forward in an era when so much money is flowing into football to attract new buyers.

Last edited:
Agreed but we will never find out if we keep looking up fella,s in one bedroom flats and not handing over the sales process to professional fin institutions who get paid to find reputable buyers and bring offers to the table.

For me, it been BS for 13 years and has robbed this great club of moving forward in an era when so much money is flowing into football to attract new buyers.

A lot of truth in what you say mate and big question marks, i do think its more difficult buying Everton then other clubs though.

So... A REAL business man cleared the club's debts by turning it into shares and sold the club off to another successful business man who already owns a sports franchise.

Yeah, Bill. We love you. Clap, clap... Oh **** off.

Im not making excuses, but everything points to this fella wanting a London based Club to tie into his MURICA egg chasing team.

Sounds more like how to run and sell a business on. Find buyers willing to buy, make moves for it to go through, do the deal.

Kenwright etc don't know how to do that. They're the kings of playing it safe and saying above the line.

Theyre defo not doing enough to sell. Not one bit

Never mind location, state of stadium or league position no matter what BK comes out with, Everton FC will not be sold unless BK and Earl suddenly find themselves in deep financial problems and need funds.

Funnily enough, it's the other way around.

He's looking to move the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL franchise to London. Fulham are about to redevelop their stadium into a 30000 capacity ground. In 5-7 years time, he'll have Fulham and his NFL franchise playing there.

I'm interested to see where it goes

Fair play to Fulham though. They're a Premier League mainstay now. I don't know if they can go any higher than they are right now though

If Khan maintains the stability, he'll have done a good job I think

Debt is flowing into football not money

Debt is flowing into football not money

Debt is money, ever since the separation of promissory notes from the gold standard, everyone's wage, benefits, whatever is debt. Credit against debt is a better assessment. But there is no point to be made around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back