Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats your opinion mate.

Of course its my opinion, because as you say, no one knows,just as you post your opinion on here.

QUOTE You have no idea whats in place, your assuming because they are friends then PG is happy just to bob along and help his old buddy out. QUOTE

Of course I don't and neither do you. I'm offering an opinion based on my reading of the situation over the years,which is exactly what youre doing.

I'm in business as well, if I had a buddy who was running a Football Club I would want some legal basis as to which I act otherwise I'm leaving myself wide open to potential liable claims if things go wrong on my advice.

Even your description of offered an opinion about the way forward, and pointed me in the direction of financial back up is virtually a laypersons definition of a Shadow Director

The 'lay persons definition'...that sounds a little elitist on your part... the description I used is virtually the description that Bill K frequently uses when asked.' PG is a good friend and advisor' Of course it may be that there is a formal agreement, but this has never been alluded to. If there is does it need to be advised to Companies House? Would it not be available for perusal?
I assume liable was a typo and you refer to libel. I can't see anyone at Everton getting involved in a case against PG...and it would be difficult to prove that any of his advice caused indirect damage to third parties.
The situation with and involvement of PG may be exactly as Bill K describes, or it may not...it may be more formal. Either way I don't see how it matters. Years ago I worked for an animal foods company, which hundreds of employees thought was a family firm. It was only in the 1960s, when Unilever started to quote on the US Exchange, that they announced that they had 'owned' the 'family firm' since 1938. I doubt that could happen now. If there was any kind of hard copy proof that PG was that involved with Everton, it would need to be declared.

If there is does it need to be advised to Companies House? Would it not be available for perusal?

No, I discussed in the previous answer. Registration occurs in BVI, voting shares are entrusted out and the Shadow Director still pulls the strings

I assume liable was a typo and you refer to libel.

Nope, i meant what I said:
Liable (a three-syllable word) means subject to, obligated to, or responsible for something.
Libel (a two-syllable word) refers to a false publication that damages a person's reputation.

I can't see anyone at Everton getting involved in a case against PG...and it would be difficult to prove that any of his advice caused indirect damage to third parties.

Ask BK says, he goes to PG for advice etc; if that advice was seriously wrong and caused a major cash fall in our operations do you really think Everton would not pursue that?? And it wouldn't be that hard to prove, i'm sure there would be some sort of electornical trail etc. Anyway, the protection side of things would be from PGs side, just to ensure his back his covered, I would expect his Legal Adivsors would most certainly want that in place

The situation with and involvement of PG may be exactly as Bill K describes, or it may not...it may be more formal. Either way I don't see how it matters.

If it is formal it matters quite a bit mate, this is a serious issue that could potentially through the entire ownership controletc up into the air.

If there was any kind of hard copy proof that PG was that involved with Everton, it would need to be declared.

No, I discussed in the previous answer. Registration occurs in BVI, voting shares are entrusted out and the Shadow Director still pulls the strings

Liable (a three-syllable word) means subject to, obligated to, or responsible for something.
Libel (a two-syllable word) refers to a false publication that damages a person's reputation.

Ask BK says, he goes to PG for advice etc; if that advice was seriously wrong and caused a major cash fall in our operations do you really think Everton would not pursue that?? And it wouldn't be that hard to prove, i'm sure there would be some sort of electornical trail etc. Anyway, the protection side of things would be from PGs side, just to ensure his back his covered, I would expect his Legal Adivsors would most certainly want that in place

If it is formal it matters quite a bit mate, this is a serious issue that could potentially through the entire ownership controletc up into the air.

I seem to recall a certain ex everton director who sat with a member of KEIOC and told them the situation on the shadow director role and named the individual. The chances are that the hard copy is locked up in a safe but a lawyer would have had to have drawn that up on someones side.

I seem to recall a certain ex everton director who sat with a member of KEIOC and told them the situation on the shadow director role and named the individual. The chances are that the hard copy is locked up in a safe but a lawyer would have had to have drawn that up on someones side.

I'm not a hundred percent sure about how our Articles of Association work and if it would need to be declared; this is a public document for the Shareholder etc

However; if the scenario I pointed out is somehting that was undertook by the board/club etc then that will never see the light of the day until British law changes with regards Overseas Territories, in particular these havens like British Virgin, Cayman Islands where a lot of moody underhanded evation goes on.

Its virtually 99% nailed on that Greggs shares where purchased by Green via Earl; now if i'm correct in reading the BVI Companies Act 2004, it gives a lot more freedom to consolidate business interests. I'll need to brush up on the section, but i remember reading something along them lines.

Can we close this thread. It seems like its become a one upmanship between Steve and nsno. Maybe a admin can declare a winner.

After 584 pages almost entirely made up of utter c**p, its Banno's dislike of people getting into conversations that will finally end the madness.

I'm not a hundred percent sure about how our Articles of Association work and if it would need to be declared; this is a public document for the Shareholder etc

However; if the scenario I pointed out is somehting that was undertook by the board/club etc then that will never see the light of the day until British law changes with regards Overseas Territories, in particular these havens like British Virgin, Cayman Islands where a lot of moody underhanded evation goes on.

Its virtually 99% nailed on that Greggs shares where purchased by Green via Earl; now if i'm correct in reading the BVI Companies Act 2004, it gives a lot more freedom to consolidate business interests. I'll need to brush up on the section, but i remember reading something along them lines.

Correct fella, well locked up and will never see the light of day unless the law changes demands so. But hey it,s nothing that blue noses need to know about as long as the beer is cold and the pies warm, everyone's happy mate.

Correct fella, well locked up and will never see the light of day unless the law changes demands so. But hey it,s nothing that blue noses need to know about as long as the beer is cold and the pies warm, everyone's happy mate.

Even if the law changed there'd be little chance of finding a direct link to Green, as I doubt he's linked 'first hand' even if there's a shadow director scenario, I'd have good money on the shadow director not being him or even being strongly linked to him. It ultimately may be his cash that bought the shares, but beyond that I think his role has always been vastly overplayed in some quarters. It's nothing more than ale money in his World.

Even if the law changed there'd be little chance of finding a direct link to Green, as I doubt he's linked 'first hand' even if there's a shadow director scenario, I'd have good money on the shadow director not being him or even being strongly linked to him. It ultimately may be his cash that bought the shares, but beyond that I think his role has always been vastly overplayed in some quarters. It's nothing more than ale money in his World.

I agree with that. Its loose change to PG. He has been a friend of Bill for many years and its very likely that he's invested in Bills shows...hence money would change hands. Whether any of this money would find its way to Everton is a moot point, but I have strong doubts that it would be used directly for any other purpose than financing a show. Hence I think the whole matter is really of little consequence.

I do,of course, know what the words mean. With regard to liable, probably 'liability' would be closer ?:lol:

He negotiates the Rooney transfer, summons a EFC chief exec to his yacht to explain himself, but he's of no real connection/consequence to the club. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back