Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question, what did Al fayed buy and sell Fulham for?

What did other owners simlar to bill buy and sell for? Just curious...

Bill's major problem IMO is the people he got in bed with! You have to be careful with sale price tho, too low attracts all sorts of chancers, sometimes better the "devil you know"

I'm very aware of the heresay issue, the first time I heard this was about 2009, or there about. The on a regular basis for about 18 months

You need to remember that Legislation is there to ensure we abide by the law, its not an agreement on between individual parties. The Companies Act would not define what Green does, there are no terms.

The terms of any agreement with be in the form of a legal document between the parties.

I'm not taking sides, because I've not much idea about what you're all arguing about, but my understanding is that Green
has no formal status at Everton, is a close friend of Kenwright and lends him/Everton money.

I'm not taking sides, because I've not much idea about what you're all arguing about, but my understanding is that Green
has no formal status at Everton, is a close friend of Kenwright and lends him/Everton money.

Thats what we're saying. The Companies Act would require a legal document for anything more than what you describe. As far as we know such a document does not exist. I don't know whether Green lends Kenwright(and therefore Everton?) any money directly, but I'm confident that Green (Have to say 'allegedly' here) invests in shows and films by Bill Kenwright Productions. Nothing wrong with that, of course, a lot of people do. Gregg built up his business by buying up old theatres, refurbishing, and running successful Bill Kenwright shows in them. Hence Gregg was 'interested' in the KD.....but he wasn't interested in Everton, simply in his own percieved profit.

Give me and then what, you do your Kenwright supporting aims no good whatsoever?

Why would I attend meetings and marches, when the BU initially setup, if I support Kenwright??

However I will give you a proposal. Seeing as you have hatred in the BU actually standing up and being counted and draw peoples attention to the club getting deeper and deeper into debt (even the no mark Elstone displayed figures stating that the debt has increased over the last five years by over 20%) and wanting things sorted out, PM and I will introduce you face to face with the committee of the BU and you can air your grievances to them.

I'm sorry but the BU are this amazing group that you seem to think they are. They have no direction or vision about how they want to progress the issues of EFC and just post propaganda. Thank you for the offer, but why on gods green earth would I want to meet them, do you think you're introducing me to the Prime Minister or Queen and I should be overjoyed with excitement

Thats what we're saying. The Companies Act would require a legal document for anything more than what you describe. As far as we know such a document does not exist. I don't know whether Green lends Kenwright(and therefore Everton?) any money directly, but I'm confident that Green (Have to say 'allegedly' here) invests in shows and films by Bill Kenwright Productions. Nothing wrong with that, of course, a lot of people do. Gregg built up his business by buying up old theatres, refurbishing, and running successful Bill Kenwright shows in them. Hence Gregg was 'interested' in the KD.....but he wasn't interested in Everton, simply in his own percieved profit.

Steve, where do you expect to find these documents??

Its actually pretty straight forward. Register a company in, say somehwere like BVI; draw up appropriate Articles of Association and within the that document give relevant management responsibility of the shares to another person who will also have the voting rights.

That person would then act on behalf of the 'Sahdow Director'

Why would I attend meetings and marches, when the BU initially setup, if I support Kenwright??

I'm sorry but the BU are this amazing group that you seem to think they are. They have no direction or vision about how they want to progress the issues of EFC and just post propaganda. Thank you for the offer, but why on gods green earth would I want to meet them, do you think you're introducing me to the Prime Minister or Queen and I should be overjoyed with excitement

Steve, where do you expect to find these documents??

Its actually pretty straight forward. Register a company in, say somehwere like BVI; draw up appropriate Articles of Association and within the that document give relevant management responsibility of the shares to another person who will also have the voting rights.

That person would then act on behalf of the 'Sahdow Director'

I don't think the documents exist. I though I'd already said that. Theres essentially a personal and very 'loose' arrangement between BK and PG, and its not illegal. I've never understood what all the fuss is about. I'm in business, and if I had a mate who was very successful and occasionally offered an opinion about the way forward, and pointed me in the direction of financial back up, I wouldn't be upset. In fact I'm pretty sure it happens a lot.

Your point does not make sense, since Kenwright does not own the whole club he will not have total control of the asking price .And also would you like Everton to be sold at the lower price with no commitment to the ground.
You would have us sold to the Venkys.

Ridiculous assertion mate, although you're quite right that Kenwright does not have complete control of the club. But obviously I was referring to the board to lower the asking price, it's a bit like when people tell Cameron to change stuff in government, even though he'd obviously have to go through his cabinet. So to save being pedantic, change my post to 'Kenwright and the board' and then you will find it does make sense.

Ridiculous assertion mate, although you're quite right that Kenwright does not have complete control of the club. But obviously I was referring to the board to lower the asking price, it's a bit like when people tell Cameron to change stuff in government, even though he'd obviously have to go through his cabinet. So to save being pedantic, change my post to 'Kenwright and the board' and then you will find it does make sense.

Not really correct there, Kenwright as far as I know is not the majority share holder. If he wants to sell the club he would need other shareholders support. They are not going to sell for a stupid price are they?

Not really correct there, Kenwright as far as I know is not the majority share holder. If he wants to sell the club he would need other shareholders support. They are not going to sell for a stupid price are they?

Nor is anyone going to buy for stupid price so I guess it works both ways then.

EDIT* And by ridiculous assertion I was referring to you implying that that I want the board to sell to anyone.

Last edited:
Anyway, I'd wager that the board will 'sell to anyone' as soon as the debts are cleared. Which could be in a few years time due to TV Money provided we maintain the status-quo on the pitch.

Hope I'm wrong like, and they genuinely find 'the right man'. As Kenwright says...

Anyway, I'd wager that the board will 'sell to anyone' as soon as the debts are cleared. Which could be in a few years time due to TV Money provided we maintain the status-quo on the pitch.

Hope I'm wrong like, and they genuinely find 'the right man'. As Kenwright says...

Don't we all, Furey. Though I do think your selling Kenwright short saying he would sell to anyone.

I don't think the documents exist. I though I'd already said that.

Thats your opinion mate.

Theres essentially a personal and very 'loose' arrangement between BK and PG, and its not illegal..

You have no idea whats in place, your assuming because they are friends then PG is happy just to bob along and help his old buddy out

I've never understood what all the fuss is about. I'm in business, and if I had a mate who was very successful and occasionally offered an opinion about the way forward, and pointed me in the direction of financial back up, I wouldn't be upset. In fact I'm pretty sure it happens a lot.

I'm in business as well, if I had a buddy who was running a Football Club I would want some legal basis as to which I act otherwise I'm leaving myself wide open to potential liable claims if things go wrong on my advice.

Even your description of offered an opinion about the way forward, and pointed me in the direction of financial back up is virtually a laypersons definition of a Shadow Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back