Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what would happen if kenwright was unable to carry on as chairman(for whatever reason) who 'gets' the club?? kenwright junior?!(is there one?)

thanks

what would happen if kenwright was unable to carry on as chairman(for whatever reason) who 'gets' the club?? kenwright junior?!(is there one?)

thanks
'Chairman' and 'shareholder' are two different things. If Bill dropped off the branch tomorrow, his shares would no doubt pass on to Jenny. And she would no doubt sell them to Paul O'Grady, meaning that eventually GP would become a Dogs Home.

thanks

He has a daughter I think, but someone here said yesterday that board member Phillip Green has £3.3 billion, and that's before you get to the other board members.

I know it's unfashionable not to beat Kenwright with a big stick, but I can't help feeling that some peoples' anger would be better directed at those other than the chairman. If they're not willing to invest (as Kenwright has said, and claims he has tried to persuade them to), then they should sell their shares and move on, enabling another loaded person to put their money in, invest, and benefit us.

Can Kenwright sack board members who are unwilling to invest? If so, he should.

Groucho makes a good point to be fair

The board members who don't pull their weight deserve just a smuch scorn tbh

They get it too. But Kenwright was the one responsible for opening up the club to two chancers like Earl and Green purely because he wanted to remain in nominal control...and he continues to put himself forward as their stooge who cops all the flak.

You're right though, any campaign against the chronic ownership of Everton should be shining a big light on Green and Earl who lurk in the shadows. They wouldn't like the glare of publicity over their involvement at Everton and the question of offshore trusts commanding the club's fortunes from afar. And the tax dodging Green would like it least of all. It pains me to say it, but the Kopites would have had this lot sorted out in a few months.

He has a daughter I think, but someone here said yesterday that board member Phillip Green has £3.3 billion, and that's before you get to the other board members.

I know it's unfashionable not to beat Kenwright with a big stick, but I can't help feeling that some peoples' anger would be better directed at those other than the chairman. If they're not willing to invest (as Kenwright has said, and claims he has tried to persuade them to), then they should sell their shares and move on, enabling another loaded person to put their money in, invest, and benefit us.

Can Kenwright sack board members who are unwilling to invest? If so, he should.

WOW, a list of failures that gone for over 10 years and yet it,s still someone elses fault.

Dear oh dear.

Really quite amusing to see him say that, as a point of emphasis, the club 'embrace criticism'. Really? The club that banned the Echo for a while after some articles about the club finances, and who made them apologise for suggesting that the 'Arteta money' wouldnt be re-invested on players (it never was). The club that have had many media outlets spin stories against their own fans for daring to campaign for change. And the club that still wont answer straightforward questions such as what the sale price is, and what exactly they are doing to attract a buyer? Not to mention explain the cloak and dagger exit of Wyness, or the refusal to listen to fans concerns over Kirkby, the eerie silence during transfer windows, and the lies about safety certificates and new office developments.

They get it too. But Kenwright was the one responsible for opening up the club to two chancers like Earl and Green purely because he wanted to remain in nominal control...and he continues to put himself forward as their stooge who cops all the flak.

You're right though, any campaign against the chronic ownership of Everton should be shining a big light on Green and Earl who lurk in the shadows. They wouldn't like the glare of publicity over their involvement at Everton and the question of offshore trusts commanding the club's fortunes from afar. And the tax dodging Green would like it least of all. It pains me to say it, but the Kopites would have had this lot sorted out in a few months.

What like they did with Waldorf & Stadler you mean?

The 2 cowboys who 'bought' their club for £7m a piece & took them into administration by proxy?

The kopites did jack ****, it was RBS who saved them from the abyss, not SOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back