Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amazed that anyone believes there will be leftover money from the summer.

No one will come in until someone goes out. It's the way things work at Everton.

Actually when we signed Yakubu it didnt happen that way.

Then, the club nearly went bankrupt and we sold about 20 players without buying any others.

So yeah, pretty sure good ole Bill wont be doing that again.

Credit for what? He wasn't gonna appoint a bad manager on purpose was he?

It was just as much in his own best interests to appoint a manager who can bring "success" to the club onfield which helps cover up the complete lack of anything good being done to push the club on off the pitch as it is anyone elses.

So yeah, if you want to give credit for hiring 2 good managers thats up to you but its barely even worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things for me.

Credit for what? He wasn't gonna appoint a bad manager on purpose was he?

It was just as much in his own best interests to appoint a manager who can bring "success" to the club onfield which helps cover up the complete lack of anything good being done to push the club on off the pitch as it is anyone elses.

So yeah, if you want to give credit for hiring 2 good managers thats up to you but its barely even worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things for me.

Cant believe that post, you wouldn't give him credit for hiring two good managers!!! And I bet you wouldn't criticise him for hiring a bad one?

By the way when is Blue Union going to let this thread die?

We'd have got really close to 4th last season if they'd shown an ounce of ambition at this point, I'm depressingly convinced they're going to do the same this time around. Stand still whilst others push on.

Cant believe that post, you wouldn't give him credit for hiring two good managers!!! And I bet you wouldn't criticise him for hiring a bad one?

By the way when is Blue Union going to let this thread die?

3449330-tumblr_loq5o7rd4n1qzl8s1o1_400.gif

Yeah, Credit where credit is due, but Every team got a bumper tv deal money this season, all you have to do is look at Southampton, Cardiff and Norwich all spending their £25m, whereas we've been told that the McCarthy money was seemingly part of that for us. In that case £27.5m from Fellaini, and £6m from Anichebe, should leave us with £20-22m i reckon after we've paid some debt off, if we're scrapping around for £1m-£2m signings i'll be pissed off. They've got to see the potential to make the top 4 this season more than ever, and they money that can come with it.

But I don't know if i'm being naive, but i reckon we may have that money.

I'm afraid there's an element of naivety involved :(

Our wage bill is now the highest it's ever been in my estimation, alas the figures for this season won't be revealed for another year at least.

Anichebe didn't move for £6m, the fee was more like £4m (installments?) rising to £6m dependent on whatever clauses were stipulated, one would assume goals/appearances. We may never see the remaining £2m from that deal going off events at WBA recently!

A portion of Fellaini's fee went to Standard Liege, allegedly 20% of the profit, so there's £2.5m to Standard, plus another 2% of the transfer fee for FIFA solidarity payments, rounding up to approx £3m.

I doubt very much we'll be paying any loan debt off, the loans we have are sustainable so it doesn't make much sense for Everton to sink funds into clearing off a loan with over a decade left to run, we won't see any benefit on the pitch.

If Man Utd paid the Fellaini fee in full and we're paying off McCarthy in installments (Dave Whelan said we agreed a much shorter payment plan with Wigan) then It's more than likely we've used the money to pay off the overdraft.

Last edited:
Paying a 50m bank tab isn't going to help things in the long run when your yearly operating loss is 5-10m.

Step 1 is making EFC break even on a yearly basis. Part of that can be guaranteed over the next decade by offsetting the loss with the new TV money, but that is a short-term fix. The reality is the non-TV income needs to be increased.

Considering that for many clubs the TV money is going straight to purchases/wages, purchase/wage inflation is going to occur whether or not EFC pays off old debts. That is going to exacerbate the yearly operating loss as EFC increases wages to match player demands.

Possible solutions are, in order of impact, (a) better global marketing; (b ) better stadium; (c) champions league money; (d) new owner.

A top 4 finish this year will guarantee (c) which is a stepping stone to (a) and (b ). And (d), well.... even yer mar wants the (d).

Paying a 50m bank tab isn't going to help things in the long run when your yearly operating loss is 5-10m.

Step 1 is making EFC break even on a yearly basis. Part of that can be guaranteed over the next decade by offsetting the loss with the new TV money, but that is a short-term fix. The reality is the non-TV income needs to be increased.

Considering that for many clubs the TV money is going straight to purchases/wages, purchase/wage inflation is going to occur whether or not EFC pays off old debts. That is going to exacerbate the yearly operating loss as EFC increases wages to match player demands.

Possible solutions are, in order of impact, (a) better global marketing; (b ) better stadium; (c) champions league money; (d) new owner.

A top 4 finish this year will guarantee (c) which is a stepping stone to (a) and (b ). And (d), well.... even yer mar wants the (d).

can't help but feel even if all those were achieved then we'd still lag way behind our peers

a new stadium is imperative

WHAT !!??!

It IS nearly midnight afterall :lol:

tired eyes and all that

The sad thing is, the kind of rises we could feasibly see in the near future; a possible £3m increase of sponsorship, or a £3m increase in merchandise and matchday sales, would barely pay our contribution of Gareth Barry's salary.

Drop in the ocean really

Last edited:
I'm one of the boards biggest critics, but i have to give Bill credit for selecting Martinez and selling Everton to him. No doubt the rest of the board done sweet fa, i wonder if Robert Earle was involved? I doubt it.

Kenwright said it was the fans who picked Martinez and he offered him the job as a consequence.

I'm afraid there's an element of naivety involved :(

Our wage bill is now the highest it's ever been in my estimation, alas the figures for this season won't be revealed for another year at least.

Anichebe didn't move for £6m, the fee was more like £4m (installments?) rising to £6m dependent on whatever clauses were stipulated, one would assume goals/appearances. We may never see the remaining £2m from that deal going off events at WBA recently!

A portion of Fellaini's fee went to Standard Liege, allegedly 20% of the profit, so there's £2.5m to Standard, plus another 2% of the transfer fee for FIFA solidarity payments, rounding up to approx £3m.

I doubt very much we'll be paying any loan debt off, the loans we have are sustainable so it doesn't make much sense for Everton to sink funds into clearing off a loan with over a decade left to run, we won't see any benefit on the pitch.

If Man Utd paid the Fellaini fee in full and we're paying off McCarthy in installments (Dave Whelan said we agreed a much shorter payment plan with Wigan) then It's more than likely we've used the money to pay off the overdraft.

might be a rolling credit facility and capital can be reaccessed.

Cardiff City and Hull fans are finding out that there is more to it than just getting a rich owner...it has to be the right rich owner

Cardiff City and Hull fans are finding out that there is more to it than just getting a rich owner...it has to be the right rich owner

So obvious it doesn't need saying really, unless part of some scare story. We have a skint owner who has still repeatedly ****ed up important issues that didn't require him to be rich btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back