Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chancer has often stated that the fans picked Martinez, dont you remember him asking the supporters?

Basically he either ignored everything and went with what the fans wanted which is an unbelievable show of trust and faith shown by the chairman, especially one that usually doesn't listen to the fans..
Or he has correctly chosen the right manager twice in a row.

Either way its deserving of credit. As is the amount of freedom he offers the managers.

On the financial front, he's just a relentless epic fail machine, but he's done great on the management front no matter how you want to believe he chose the managers.

This is it, some clowns want Kenwright to sell to anyone for the sake of it just because they want him gone. Unless its the right man we need to stay with Kenwright, there are more stories of foreign owners turning out to be a nightmare than positive ones I'm sure,look at them idiots at Blackburn

If we had the foresight and moved forward with the kings dock project, I truly believe we would have the manchester city owners.

If we had the foresight and moved forward with the kings dock project, I truly believe we would have the manchester city owners.

Agreed. I can't go anywhere near Liverpool 1 or the Albert Docks without looking at the whole site around the Echo Arena and thinking what if. No disrespect to L4 but if we had a great modern stadium by the water side and that famous skyline you could happily see the RS rot away in the backwaters of Anfield.

There is no way that badge change was done by Kenwright and Kenwright alone, it might of happened when he was the chairman but you cant put that on his head. If that was his only mistake this season ill allow it in return for the football the team has been playing with the players he secured in the final days of the window.

I reckon it was done when he was on his dinner hour. He came back in from sayers and couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Same with Kirkby. Bill was having his haircut when wyness decided to move there.

The problem with the board is that we will never get sold out because nobody wants us. The whole thing comes down to business and we are a financial black hole for any investor. I do believe the board has had many opportunities to strengthen our position and instead have taken the short term solution everytime to keep us afloat.

The problem i see is we are going to be relegated at some point at the current rate we are going. It doesn't look that way now and we have been extremely fortunate to get Martinez in the sense that he has improved us to push further than before. In the bigger picture though United, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, West Ham, Fulham, Southampton, Hull (?), Kopites are all in a overall better financial position than us over time. As much as we can keep pushing on, we lost 5 contracted players in the summer and loaned in 3 players, a free transfer, a back up keeper on a nominal fee. We have gotten lucky this time but what about next year? Categorically the club has made around 30-33 million disappear over the summer which Martinez will not see. There must be a reason why we are making the money disapear from sales year on year and if you think we can stay anywhere near our current level on a business model like that then we will be in for a shock soon enough.

The relegation theory may still take a number of years to happen, obviously we are in no danger of that anytime soon. However over time player sales combined with the investment coming in will take effect and we will start to decline. All it takes is Arsenal, Liverpool, Fulham, West Ham (in the future) and Spurs to flex their financial muscle. That is the sad thing about it, our best three players so far this season are all currently not ours and are on loan. The fourth best player cost 13 million but we sold 33 million worth of players to sign him?!

The most damning thing i have come across was a video put up by a kopite the other week. It was the fans shouting at kenwright 'where's the arteta money bill?'. However the scary thing was ''Who's next Bill? Rodwell, Barkely?'' One of them has since left, and the other is making a name for himself now.

That is the sad thing about it, our best three players so far this season are all currently not ours and are on loan. The fourth best player cost 13 million but we sold 33 million worth of players to sign him?!

Now you make some worthwhile points in your post but then you come up with this strapline.

So you're saying our best three players this season have been Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu. Followed by McCarthy.

First of all I don't really consider Barry to be a true "loan". His contract's up and we've got City chipping in some of his wages.

No arguments about Lukaku and Barry being in our top four but you're ignoring our whole defence or the likes of Pienaar ahead of Deulofeu and his recent couple of impact roles?

As to your wider post yes we're crying out for an investor but your analysis of our financial position ignores our league placing and TV money. As a proportion of the overall picture, the new net investment for players is not as big as it once was. If we can add £10m let alone £20m a season to a decent team/squad that's performing well it's going to take £100m+ for the likes of West Ham, Fulham, Hull or Southampton to challenge us.

We did have the foresight and the friends in high places to make that happen only for someones ego to get in the way of Everton Football Clubs future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back