Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what is so bad about Allam at Hull other than the Tiger name change, is he not a fan of Hull??

Allam has invested his own cash into the club, and has plans to increase the capacity of the Stadium by 10k and use the surrounding area around the stadium to make a sports park to generate cash for the club.

Not sure if it was last year, or the year before but he donated over a million quid to Hull KR to improve the stadium and get players ( Rugby League ) no questions asked, just a gift as he feels he owes the area of Hull so much for taking him in when he left Egypt.

Compared to Bill who does not have a plan B after the Kirkby debacle and is slowly year by year increasing the net debt.

The problem being that the club don't own the stadium & the council don't want to sell it.

He wants to own the stadium & a large chunk of the park that surrounds it & build on it, thus providing him with a return.

He's not quite the philanthropist that he might appear to be

Exactly, if you came home from work and saw Peter Sutcliffe with a hammer in the house you would not go " Fcuk, wait a minute it could be worse. It could be Freddy Kruger and Michael Myers "

Precisely. You don't wake up late for work on a Monday morning and realise the corpse of Jimmy Savile has been resurrected and now lives in your urethra, only to exclaim boldly "at least he didn't tattoo the letters L.F.C on my lad before he crawled up there."

I'm wary of using the Tan/Aslam/etc. examples as a way of looking positively at Kenwright and the board. They're obviously power-mad and inconsiderate of fans, but there's a logical disconnect to say 'at least we don't have Tan' (at least we're not Villa). If you get home from work every day and your brother is ball-deep into your wife while your kid's eating dog food you don't say 'at least I'm not married to Vlad the Impaler, like that guy I know who lives in south Wales'. No, sir.

Just because other clubs have crapper owners shouldn't make anyone defend ours for just being a bit less crap.

True but you have to consider what the alternative is. You can go on forever and say 'I want him out, he's no good' but what's the alternative?

Most of the people taking over football clubs these days are idiots. It's no good saying 'We'd be different, we'd get a boss Sheik who knew all the words to Grand Old Team' because the likelihood of that is utterly miniscule.

Personally I feel more pressure should be put on other members of our board who do nothing for the club, the silent partners like Robert Earl. We need a wealthy businessman to buy out Earl's share and then be positively active in the running of the club, providing investment. We don't need billions (although that would be nice).

Last edited:
The problem being that the club don't own the stadium & the council don't want to sell it.

He wants to own the stadium & a large chunk of the park that surrounds it & build on it, thus providing him with a return.

He's not quite the philanthropist that he might appear to be

He is 75, I doubt he will live to see the return and spend it once its done. He wants to make the club self sufficient.

Precisely. You don't wake up late for work on a Monday morning and realise the corpse of Jimmy Savile has been resurrected and now lives in your urethra, only to exclaim boldly "at least he didn't tattoo the letters L.F.C on my lad before he crawled up there."

Or you turn upto the nursery to pick up the nipper and notice all the child minders are conked out with belts tied around the arms and syringes on the floor smacked up to the eye balls and go " Phew, at least they are not Fred and Rose west "

He is 75, I doubt he will live to see the return and spend it once its done. He wants to make the club self sufficient.

His son (the vice Chairman) will though.......

Not saying that he's a wrongun, just that first & foremost he's a business man - who doesn't even particularly like football....

Unpopular opinion but I think Kenwright undeservedly cops more **** then he deserves.

- He picked the manager we needed in 2002
- He picked the manager we needed in 2013
- When he introduced that horrible new logo, he was man enough to admit he made a mistake after seeing/hearing the fans' disapproval instead of having his head buried in the sand
- He hasn't whored out our colours
- He hasn't got us into administration
- He hasn't got us playing 33 miles away from Merseyside for no good reason
- He hasn't sacked managers for no good reason.
- He also hasn't tried to officially change our name to something stupid like "Everton Toffees"

Kenwright isn't perfect but there are much, much worse owners out there.

Last edited:
Why should we see our Chairman not changing our name as a good thing?

It's like calling someone a good parent because they don't mercilessly beat their own children. They might still neglect their kids, or never encourage them etc.... but they don't beat them up so they're good parents. B0llocks.

Kenwright has done some good things (Moyes, Martinez etc...) but his list of failures is just depressing.

Because Cardiff have Tan and Hull have Allam we're lucky to have Kenwright.

The logic of the madhouse right there.

I kind of see their point though.

I'm not saying our lack of finances is ideal at all, but compared to those two, it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Yes, it could be a hell of a lot better from the board re: financial support, and I know you're not Kenwright's biggest fan, but a change of colours and name? That would be something to complain about.

Because Cardiff have Tan and Hull have Allam we're lucky to have Kenwright.

The logic of the madhouse right there.

And a shed load of other owners as well as those 2. Blackburn, Portsmouth, Leeds, QPR

We're far from lucky to have him, he's stopped us being a great team again with his lack of vision and funding, but sadly he's one of the better ones anad the reason we have been as close as we have to being that great team, is largely down to him and his choices.

I kind of see their point though.

I'm not saying our lack of finances is ideal at all, but compared to those two, it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Yes, it could be a hell of a lot better from the board re: financial support, and I know you're not Kenwright's biggest fan, but a change of colours and name? That would be something to complain about.

...or booting a club out of its hundred and odd year home into another town....just like Kenwright tried to do.

We have NOTHING to be thankful for having this failure as our apparent majority owner.

We're four days away from the 14th anniversary of Kenwright et all taking over from Johnson. 14 years of broken promises on investment and stadium delivery.

It's an appalling record and there's no context it can be seen as good in.

And a shed load of other owners as well as those 2. Blackburn, Portsmouth, Leeds, QPR

We're far from lucky to have him, he's stopped us being a great team again with his lack of vision and funding, but sadly he's one of the better ones anad the reason we have been as close as we have to being that great team, is largely down to him and his choices.

He's one of the better ones for not making Everton play in red and for not calling us Everton Rovers.

Yeah. Well done Bill. Great effort over 14 years. You've really made an impact there lad.

Proper [Poor language removed] that Fernandes fella.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2522890/Queens-Park-Rangers-set-depart-Loftus-Road-new-40-000-seater-stadium-North-West-London.html

My issue is, our current board are doing nothing except thread water while all our competition around us are thrashing us commercially off the pitch.

Today we are doing brilliant on the pitch, but off it is what worries me. The likes of Robert Earl is not going to invest or try to improve Everton, he wants to make money off us just like all these terrible owners people keep mentioning. At least they pretend to care, we got rid of one bad egg in Gregg for an even worse one in Earl / Green.

All it takes is a few bad seasons and a drop in table with less prize money coming in and we will be in the deep stuff.

...or booting a club out of its hundred and odd year home into another town....just like Kenwright tried to do.

We have NOTHING to be thankful for having this failure as our apparent majority owner.

We're four days away from the 14th anniversary of Kenwright et all taking over from Johnson. 14 years of broken promises on investment and stadium delivery.

It's an appalling record and there's no context it can be seen as good in.

Off the field, yes, in terms of generating finance.

Playing matters are great. He deserves credit for picking the right man for the job (twice now) and also - crucially - letting him get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back