Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The greater part of the damage had been done as you say before BK took over when Johnson was chairman.

As for Dave, perhaps you should ad to the list.

Moved out of the relegation zone,
Got into Europe a couple of times, failure there doen to Moyes not BK
Agree stadium was a fail
But investment? Johnson ripped him off, has no cash yes would rather we had Tan, Fernandes, The Villain man, Glaezers, Hicks and Co, Red Bull???
Which star players, Rooney and Fellaini?
Think Moyes did have quite a bit of cash if you look at his signings, how much did Bily cost?

You only ever see one side of things, that which suits you and ignore the rest.

Is he the new hamburglar??

hamburglar.gif

Proper [Poor language removed] that Fernandes fella.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-40-000-seater-stadium-North-West-London.html

My issue is, our current board are doing nothing except thread water while all our competition around us are thrashing us commercially off the pitch.

Today we are doing brilliant on the pitch, but off it is what worries me. The likes of Robert Earl is not going to invest or try to improve Everton, he wants to make money off us just like all these terrible owners people keep mentioning. At least they pretend to care, we got rid of one bad egg in Gregg for an even worse one in Earl / Green.

All it takes is a few bad seasons and a drop in table with less prize money coming in and we will be in the deep stuff.

Did I say he was a b***d? I said Bill has done better than him.
I'm only arguing the on the pitch stuff, the off pitch stuff is a horror story of fk ups.
But Fernandes spent loads which is great, but through his choices, they are a league below us and we are 2 points from 2nd in the PL, so Kenwright has done better as a chairman, because the aim of the game is to win matches.

All it takes is a few bad seasons and a drop in table with less prize money coming in and we will be in the deep stuff. .

Is true and financially we are a managed train wreck, but that's not what I am arguing here.

Tan changes a clubs colours, sacks the manager, invests loads and will finish below us.
Assem changes a clubs name, the owners invest loads, and they will finish below us.

Persionally I prefer our name, our colours, our history and our league position. Would be nice to have their spending power though. That being said, its a short term cash injection, they want their money back which is why they are changing these things... to make them commercially more viable in different countries that simply don't care about a clubs heritage.

Last edited:
Kenwright's tenure has been a failure.

stadium = fail
investment = fail
bridging the gap off the pitch with competitors = fail
keeping hold of star players = fail
providing managers with enough cash = fail

His only success is to pull the wool over enough people's eyes who buy into his utter tosh and flannel thus preventing him being beaten with sticks and run out of town...oh, and his ability to have Everton continue to play in blue, and, erm, be still called 'Everton'.

Indeed, this relegation battle has me worried

Off the field, yes, in terms of generating finance.

Playing matters are great. He deserves credit for picking the right man for the job (twice now) and also - crucially - letting him get on with it.

^ this.

The usual suspects can't accept that anything he's done has a positive, so it's a pointless discussion tbh.

The comparison between a clown like Tan, is that he (& many others of his ilk) want immediate success & unceremoniously shoot managers when their unrealistic ambitions aren't met. Some even like dabbling in playing matters.

Tan is a classic example of the sort we just wouldn't want, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't still want boardroom change, it's just another reminder that there's worse out there than Kenwright.

The problem being that the club don't own the stadium

We are not in control of our stadium, witness the shoite that Elstone and Ross served up, regarding EVERTON PLACE, to try and deceive the supporters and all along it was down to the ineptitude shown by senior management and the board by not knowing the charges that lay on the land and the conditions that are in place.

...or booting a club out of its hundred and odd year home into another town....just like Kenwright tried to do.

We have NOTHING to be thankful for having this failure as our apparent majority owner.

We're four days away from the 14th anniversary of Kenwright et all taking over from Johnson. 14 years of broken promises on investment and stadium delivery.

It's an appalling record and there's no context it can be seen as good in.

Come on mate, you can't say that a failing of his was to not provide a new stadium and then use the fact that he tried as a stick to beat him with. Either you want a new staduim or not.

And yes, I would rather stay in the city limits (that's another argument), but you go ahead and tell someone from Kirkby they're not a scouser - see what happens.

We are not in control of our stadium, witness the shoite that Elstone and Ross served up, regarding EVERTON PLACE, to try and deceive the supporters and all along it was down to the ineptitude shown by senior management and the board by not knowing the charges that lay on the land and the conditions that are in place.

The 2 scenarios are not evenly remotely close.

Everton FC own Goodison, Hull City are tenants in Hull City Councils stadium.

The greater part of the damage had been done as you say before BK took over when Johnson was chairman.

As for Dave, perhaps you should ad to the list.

Moved out of the relegation zone,
Got into Europe a couple of times, failure there doen to Moyes not BK
Agree stadium was a fail
But investment? Johnson ripped him off, has no cash yes would rather we had Tan, Fernandes, The Villain man, Glaezers, Hicks and Co, Red Bull???
Which star players, Rooney and Fellaini?
Think Moyes did have quite a bit of cash if you look at his signings, how much did Bily cost?

You only ever see one side of things, that which suits you and ignore the rest.

"Johnson ripped Bill off" as a line of defence.

FFS, heard it all now.

Listen, if you want to praise a *custodian* for letting other people get on with their work (when he wasn't periodically causing them to sell their best talent), then good for you. Me, personally, I see only the headline facts:

Zero investment
Zero progress on a new stadium
Zero progress on current ground development
Zero progress in making the club a commercial success

Thankfully we have Martinez now and for the moment the club is vibrant. But that's despite what Kenwright and his carpet bagging mates have done not in any way shape or form because of it.

The only thing he deserves is a kick up the arse and sent down the road.

If you want a laughable stadium proposal then look no more than the much vaunted loop site.
Strange I've not seen any reference to this sham scam of late.
LOL !

...not sure if already mentioned, but I heard yesterday that the club is purchasing more land at Finch Farm. The intention is to develop 3 more pitches. Not sure how the economics work because I understand FF is actually leased.

"Johnson ripped Bill off" as a line of defence.

FFS, heard it all now.

Listen, if you want to praise a *custodian* for letting other people get on with their work (when he wasn't periodically causing them to sell their best talent), then good for you. Me, personally, I see only the headline facts:

Zero investment
Zero progress on a new stadium
Zero progress on current ground development
Zero progress in making the club a commercial success

Thankfully we have Martinez now and for the moment the club is vibrant. But that's despite what Kenwright and his carpet bagging mates have done not in any way shape or form because of it.

The only thing he deserves is a kick up the arse and sent down the road.

Which star players Dave, How much did ouir Ex spend, like on Bily

Would you rather have had Tan, Fernandes, Villa's owner, Glazers, Hicks and Co.

As I said you only look at those apsects which suit your agenda and ignore the rest.

Which star players Dave, How much did ouir Ex spend, like on Bily

Would you rather have had Tan, Fernandes, Villa's owner, Glazers, Hicks and Co.

As I said you only look at those apsects which suit your agenda and ignore the rest.

Fernandes, Lerner and the Glazers are all better owners than Kenwright has been, had moyes been manager for either QPR or Villa and did what he did with a limited budget with us but with £100 mil+ in transfers they would be a Top 4 team.

you cant differentiate between the work of an owner and manager, had O'Neil/Mccarthy/Bruce etc. managed us under kenwright we would be a mid table club at the very best were lucky moyes worked miracles on the budget he had.

In answer to the person who just gave me a pink blooby because of my post on here, I am not a BK fan. If you had takentime to look at past posts you would have seen that. In my posts I was trying to demostrate that Dave's postings were not balanced and he should look at that & realise his views are somewhat one sided. Even Grucho pointed out his imbalance on the question of Kirkby. Did you give Groucho a neg rep?

Sorry but some like you are all too ready to jump in, bit of advice - engage brian before hitting keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back