Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot to put massive progress on the pitch as one of your headline facts:

Think your missing the point.
Massive progress on the pitch (without a pot in the cabinet) is the thing that hurts us the most. We have to be honest and say we will always be plucky Everton yet we are clinging on to the top 5 or 6 clubs yet we cannot do anything to overtake these teams without a little investment. You can see the opportunity to mix it with the big boys is there and has been for a few years but the board cannot scrape enough money together to be able to keep who we have and strengthen with a big buy. We are forever fighting teams off from getting our better players and now according to the papers Barkley, Coleman and before too long Mirallas will be gone to pastures anew. If people are happy with not quite getting there and missing opportunity time after time and not competing then Bill & co are the right people. Personally despite the progress on the pitch we are still losers. Success is in the eye of the beholder but I think them little silver cups and winners medals is more a success than being the best of the skint clubs.

Good start to the season on the field, excellent football on the field, and everything off the field is forgiven. Have you noticed that Martinez doesn't intend spending big in January lads ? Guess he's saving it for the summer. Must be great to be sitting on an ever increasing stash of money. Bill's a genius.

That's pretty much it. As fans we live in the present, team plays well and all the other ills are forgotten about, team plays badly and we look to the excuses.

I think it's glaringly obvious that we need takeover/investment regardless of whether we win the league or finish in the bottom half of the table. The current model isn't sustainable if you want continued success and surely that's what we should be aiming for.

I look at the noises coming out with regards to January spending and it's happening again. No money will be given to the manager, a small squad will fade away at some point and we'll be left to rue another missed opportunity. They really are bereft of ambition.

Is the blue union still on hold ?,last statement I heard was they were suspending 'operations' so the fan base could get behind the team ,was that the spurs game last season. is this still the case ? ?.

Good start to the season on the field, excellent football on the field, and everything off the field is forgiven. Have you noticed that Martinez doesn't intend spending big in January lads ? Guess he's saving it for the summer. Must be great to be sitting on an ever increasing stash of money. Bill's a genius.

Far be it for me to piss on your chips.

Martinez has said he doesn't intend spending big in January. As

There's no value in it

As in you have to pay inflated fees and he wants the money in the summer when the market is better value.

If the manager wanted money fine but I'd say he's seeing whats available first.

Criticise if you like. But at least make it valid criticism.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/28/everton-leighton-baines-roberto-martinez

Roberto Martinez said:
"I don't see it that way at all," Martínez said. "In January, if we do anything, it will be to try and improve the squad, to give our players a better opportunity of a strong finish. Everything that is going to happen in January will be football related and, whatever it is, it will only be good for the squad.
"As a club we don't need to use the January window to try and balance the books. I can guarantee that is not the case. We are in a position, probably one of the strongest we have been in for many years, where we can make purely football decisions on any player.
"I am happy about the situation and, if I assess the season so far, we have probably got fewer points than our performances have deserved, so we will be trying to get a bigger average of points between now and the end of the season. With that aim we would never be trying to sell our players in this January window. The only thing we will do is try to make the club stronger."

Martínez does not rule out bringing in players in January but will be looking only for bargains or short-term loans to boost the depth of the squad. "Very rarely in January do you get good value for money," he said. "In a World Cup year you can sometimes use loans to pick up players who need to be playing in order to be considered for their national team but, if you try to make big signings in January, you will overpay because clubs are not going to let good players go cheaply and rightly so. I don't see it as a window of big signings. I expect we will be trying to find one or two players who can help us around the edges of the squad."

That was a month ago. Have you got short term memory loss?

One thing for me.

You read and hear martinez.

You think thank **** we have someone like him in charge.

Club's not going to spend stupid money stupidly. When players like Barry and Lukaku can be signed in the summer.

Will need the funds then just as much now. Its a balancing act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back