Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone missed it
Good start to the season on the field, excellent football on the field, and everything off the field is forgiven. Have you noticed that Martinez doesn't intend spending big in January lads ? Guess he's saving it for the summer. Must be great to be sitting on an ever increasing stash of money. Bill's a genius.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/28/everton-leighton-baines-roberto-martinez

Roberto Martinez said:
"I don't see it that way at all," Martínez said. "In January, if we do anything, it will be to try and improve the squad, to give our players a better opportunity of a strong finish. Everything that is going to happen in January will be football related and, whatever it is, it will only be good for the squad.
"As a club we don't need to use the January window to try and balance the books. I can guarantee that is not the case. We are in a position, probably one of the strongest we have been in for many years, where we can make purely football decisions on any player.
"I am happy about the situation and, if I assess the season so far, we have probably got fewer points than our performances have deserved, so we will be trying to get a bigger average of points between now and the end of the season. With that aim we would never be trying to sell our players in this January window. The only thing we will do is try to make the club stronger."

Martínez does not rule out bringing in players in January but will be looking only for bargains or short-term loans to boost the depth of the squad. "Very rarely in January do you get good value for money," he said. "In a World Cup year you can sometimes use loans to pick up players who need to be playing in order to be considered for their national team but, if you try to make big signings in January, you will overpay because clubs are not going to let good players go cheaply and rightly so. I don't see it as a window of big signings. I expect we will be trying to find one or two players who can help us around the edges of the squad."

If you cant run your house the way you see fit until 2027 when the securitization deal reaches maturity what would you call the status of that householder if not a tenant?

They can do what they like with the old lady aside from allowing a 3rd party title to the land

Are you a tenant if you have a mortgage?

Stop spouting ****e lad

how does this joker even get away with comments like this?

i'm surprised views like this are tolerated here, to be honest.

Because some people feel that way mate

I don't have any eprsonal dislike for Kenwright. I'm never annoyed at him for not spending any of his money because he's hardly Roman Abramovich

It does perturb me though that he can't get some of the wealthy people on the board to put their hands in their pockets

As an ambassador for the club, I think Kenwright does a decent job. He makes it clear that he's an Everton supporter and generally presents a positive image of the club.

As a chairman, he is lacking in certain areas but I have no belief that this is intentional on his part

He's fallable and makes no secrets about it

He's clearly emotional and that presents both negatives and positives

Basically, I have no personal beef but I'd like it if he could get the board members to spend or do more to sell the club to people who will

The fact we haven't been sold yet is not as huge a negative for me as I think it is for others as I generally think that part of it is because Kenwright doesn't want us ending up like Portsmouth or Hearts. I'm not saying he isn't holding out for a profit either. Top be fair though, from where the club was to where it is now, there has been an improvement in both our league placing and also the style of football we play. Not saying he should make out like a bandit but if the right person buys the club and he makes a little on the side, it wouldn't bother me really. However, if the right person backs out because he wants more money than he's due, then I think we'd all have grounds to be angry

Course it is.

I as a owner of property can be build on my land. My sister who rents cannot.

As can be seen with the Everton Place debacle, the club could not build.

You peddle nonsense

The issue with the park end development was not that they weren't allowed to build it & you know that fine well

Credibility = zero

what money's this then ???

Spent at Les Ambassadeurs like the rest.

They can do what they like with the old lady aside from allowing a 3rd party title to the land

Are you a tenant if you have a mortgage?

Stop spouting ****e lad

No, but that wasn't the question I asked you was it? I asked what status you would give to an owner who cant have free rein to do what they want to their home, which is the situation Everton are in.

Please read what's there and not what you think is there.

Total garbage

The securitisation against the long term loan is nothing like being a tenant ffs

so the gnarlsed up development at the park end had no similarity? Being bound and tied to terms and caveats in your 'own property' is liberating, wonder why the club haven't taken advantage?

The garbage is the situation the club put itself into hocking itself out to the nearest pimp.

And for pimp you can read landlord and pop another vein

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back