Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe we should wait just a minute here...signings will come mate

agreed. i'm going to wait and see how things proceed this window and the summer before worrying about the signings. I'd rather Roberto buy the right players at the right time then blow money like the RS with alberto and aspas lol

We'll see.

Looks to me like RM cant move without shifting bodies out first. What a shower of gangsters running this club...year after year. lies upon lies, and disappearing cash.

Definitely this, hopefully the change in management has brushed away some of the predictability of transfer dealings under Moyes. And at least to begin with we will see Martinez backed to help create a team in his image.

We'll see.

Looks to me like RM cant move without shifting bodies out first. What a shower of gangsters running this club...year after year. lies upon lies, and disappearing cash.

Although in total agreement with the lies. It would be nice to think that Kenwrigt wouldn't feel the need to tell us what we want to hear at the expense of the facts. I mean does he feel that there isn't an evertonian out there who can count?

I think we just need to be informed as to where the money is going, if it is to help reduce debts and ensure the safety and prosperity of the club for the future then fine. I would much rather accept that then have someone like Tan in removing all traditions of the club for a little bit of money, and some purchased short term success.

I just want to know where the money is going so I can feel safe in the knowledge that when selling our assets the funds are going back into ensuring the clubs ongoing competitive future. I suppose there is an argument that putting the facts out there may make us look a worse proposition to any possible buyers of the club. However I'm certain that any buyer would make himself clear on all of the facts before the money exchanges hands in the first place.

Just let us know what's happening at our club Bill!

The money for transfers is virtually always spread over three years so to ask why we are not spending the full amount is daft.

But that doesn't fit with the viewpoint. I'm not Kenwright's biggest fan but to think we got given £27 million in cash to spend from United is either idiotic or purposefully blinkered.

Of course, but my point was we don't have the Fellani money sitting in the bank.

No, but it is effectively added to the guaranteed revenue over the next 2-3 years. Guaranteed in so far that we wont be relegated this year, nor almost certainly next year, and Utd wont go bust.

We'll see.

All this extra money coming in from the tv deals and we are still on sell to buy (and it seems, free transferring people from a pretty small squad to allow us to get more in). The accounts taking in 2013 will be interesting....

That's a strange comment Steve.

Their position in the league isn't really relevant to a discussion about whether the manager has been backed or not.

For example, if Martinez was at Norwich and we had Houghton they'd probably be a fair few places higher and we'd be a fair few lower. Wouldn't change the fact that Norwich have backed their manager with funds more than we have.

It's not good enough for a team who are chasing the top 4, really.

Thanks for a civilised response. The point I'm making is that for some people/posters here, the be all and end all of 'backing the manager' is about giving him loads of money. If that were the case, the league would be decided on the bank balanceof every club, or on how much their 'net spend(??) ' was. The summer window was excellent for Everton...good players came in at little or no net cost....this is prudent housekeeping and good business....balacing the books and at the same time improving the team. There is absolutely no point in Bill spending over the odds or many millions on a player who may or may not work out. Norwich etc are suffering already, and the big spending has hardly helped them. Martinez is a shrewd player in the transfer market, and he will buy what he feels he needs, within the parameters of 'balancing the books'.

Steve, even you must realise that if after the massive increase in television money, and yet another big profit from player sales, there is not a substantial transfer kitty available for the manager in tgis window or the next - then something is going very badly wrong with the way the club is being run.

We'll see.

This.

Year in year out and still there are some who are still surprised by Kenwrights dealings.

Tell you what though, they have yet to pull the usual 'parties are in talks to buy the club' get out of jail free card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back