Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, even you must realise that if after the massive increase in television money, and yet another big profit from player sales, there is not a substantial transfer kitty available for the manager in tgis window or the next - then something is going very badly wrong with the way the club is being run.

I know that post wasn't meant for me - but as one of Kenwright's main defenders on here I'm happy to answer.

I agree with what you've said. There should definitely be a pot of cash around the place now. If there isn't then there needs to be a very good explanation.

I know that post wasn't meant for me - but as one of Kenwright's main defenders on here I'm happy to answer.

I agree with what you've said. There should definitely be a pot of cash around the place now. If there isn't then there needs to be a very good explanation.

Right then, what does this pot of cash contain that will allow Bungling Bill not to offer you an explanation?

Steve, even you must realise that if after the massive increase in television money, and yet another big profit from player sales, there is not a substantial transfer kitty available for the manager in tgis window or the next - then something is going very badly wrong with the way the club is being run.

You are making the mistake , like many, of thinking that the accounting for a fooball club can be done on the back of a cigarette packet. Even more so in the coming seasons, we are going to need to balance the books...we should of course spend were neccessary to improve the team/squad but going down the road of spectacularly spending every penny that supporters think is available, just to apease those supporters, would be financial suicide. Everton needs to be sold, and the incoming majority shareholders need to have the financial clout to improve the club in every way, including stadium-wise, and playing wise, to the extent that Martinez requires. He knows what he's doing.

I cant stand Kenwright but its only 4th January and no premier league club has spent anything yet, lets give it atleast another week before asking questions we could be in talks with potential signings right now as we are not ones to draw attention to ourselves to whip up a media frenzy like your Spur's/Liverpool's do when they go about signing players

Right then, what does this pot of cash contain that will allow Bungling Bill not to offer you an explanation?

Whilst noting Steve's slightly rambling reply I think Martinez should be able to enjoy a net spend of £20m for me not to feel an explanation is necessary.

Steve - it's not about spending for the sake of spending. I'm not asking for £40m+. Key areas such as a decent striker are an absolute priority. With the net receipts from recent sales plus the lack of spend in recent years - never mind the TV money - there should be a half reasonable pot for Martinez. This isn't about questioning Martinez's ability.

Pulls up a chair and awaits the carnage Bungling Bill will heap on us when that happens.

I'm worried about you. You used to be able to argue your point very well, and were one of the more interesting of the usual suspects platoon (soon to be demoted to a patrol), but all you seem to do these days is heckle pointlessly. I hope you're OK.

Boowal-and-Kwala-Merry-Go-Round.gif

Whilst noting Steve's slightly rambling reply I think Martinez should be able to enjoy a net spend of £20m for me not to feel an explanation is necessary.

Steve - it's not about spending for the sake of spending. I'm not asking for £40m+. Key areas such as a decent striker are an absolute priority. With the net receipts from recent sales plus the lack of spend in recent years - never mind the TV money - there should be a half reasonable pot for Martinez. This isn't about questioning Martinez's ability.

So if Bill says to Martinez..here you go, you've got up to £20 million to spend....and Martinez doesn't spend it...is Martinez letting the fans/club down?

So if Bill says to Martinez..here you go, you've got up to £20 million to spend....and Martinez doesn't spend it...is Martinez letting the fans/club down?

No not at all Steve. But the fact is Martinez can see as well as anyone that we HAVE to spend something approaching that to get a decent striker in when the Lukaku loan deal expires. I appreciate nobody can ever quote what budget is actually available but the proof is in the pudding - we need to spend soon.

I'm worried about you. You used to be able to argue your point very well, and were one of the more interesting of the usual suspects platoon (soon to be demoted to a patrol), but all you seem to do these days is heckle pointlessly. I hope you're OK.

Nowt wrong with me old timer.

However I have been reading you posts for years now and the theme never changes its always been 'wait and see what happens'.

We wait and then we are dished up the same ingredients we got the year (x14) before.

We have three loan signings, two who are long term injured and another two wanting to jump so that they can go to the WC and all you want to do is save Kenwrights neck/face.

Nowt wrong with me old timer.

However I have been reading you posts for years now and the theme never changes its always been 'wait and see what happens'.

We wait and then we are dished up the same ingredients we got the year (x14) before.

Yep..we've been waiting for Administration for at least 7 years to my knowledge...and good ol' Swervy also told us that there were 'ten different parties' 'waiting in the wings' to buy Everton when that happened. And as the song goes(almost) we're still waiting.............oh...and we're still waiting for 'relegation next season', and 'no one will want to play for us'.....etc etc.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back