Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep..we've been waiting for Administration for at least 7 years to my knowledge...and good ol' Swervy also told us that there were 'ten different parties' 'waiting in the wings' to buy Everton when that happened. And as the song goes(almost) we're still waiting.............oh...and we're still waiting for 'relegation next season', and 'no one will want to play for us'.....etc etc.:lol:

... funny how your agenda list missed that Kenwright has been selling us for 14 years now.

Yep..we've been waiting for Administration for at least 7 years to my knowledge...and good ol' Swervy also told us that there were 'ten different parties' 'waiting in the wings' to buy Everton when that happened. And as the song goes(almost) we're still waiting.............oh...and we're still waiting for 'relegation next season', and 'no one will want to play for us'.....etc etc.:lol:

Attacking the extreme views doesn't really take the discussion anywhere mate. What will happen is people will respond to you with attacks on other extreme views from some in the 'Pro-Kenwright' camp, which probably don't represent your views either.

All most fans want is a decent net spend every year. I know that's the case for me, as i think with this manager and this team an investment of £10m a season on top of player sales would be enough to push us on. That's not asking a lot, as it's already a known fact that we'll see at least £30m per season from the new TV deal.

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is, we are a damn good side this season...must be for even non-Evertonians to mention us in the same sentence as 'title contenders'.
The problem as always lies in the fact that we're 'not quite good enough' to be real contenders, we all pretty well know this and the chances are we'll finish maybe 6th, 5th at best.
Now add a £20m striker to the above and, without going bust, we may just slip into the bracket of 'good enough'. If not, we sell either the striker or a Baines/another to re-coup the outlay and we're no worse off.
I'm not advocating doing a Leeds/Portsmouth...just something to try to push us forward without waiting for an Everton-loving oligarch to come breezing in with his barrow of roubles

Attacking the extreme views doesn't really take the discussion anywhere mate. What will happen is people will respond to you with attacks on other extreme views from some in the 'Pro-Kenwright' camp, which probably don't represent your views either.

All most fans want is a decent net spend every year. I know that's the case for me, as i think with this manager and this team an investment of £10m a season on top of player sales would be enough to push us on. That's not asking a lot, as it's already a known fact that we'll see at least £30m per season from the new TV deal.

Problem with the new tv deal is that a decent chunk of that will go to increased player wages (both current and incoming), a decent chunk will probably go to paying off some more debt/covering existing losses so there probably won't be as much left over for transfer fees as you may hope

Problem with the new tv deal is that a decent chunk of that will go to increased player wages (both current and incoming), a decent chunk will probably go to paying off some more debt/covering existing losses so there probably won't be as much left over for transfer fees as you may hope

Stop defending your fellow kopite

:lol:

Don't worry, I'm sure none of the lads
agents won't try to make more money for themselves out of this.

Wages have barely gone up at all though after losing high earners Moyes, Neville, Fellaini as well as Vic and Hitz.

There should be a substantial amount available to Martinez whatever maths you use. Its up to him to use it/not use it wisely.

Wages have barely gone up at all though after losing high earners Moyes, Neville, Fellaini as well as Vic and Hitz.

There should be a substantial amount available to Martinez whatever maths you use. Its up to him to use it/not use it wisely.

Won't be right away that the wages go up, give it a year or two and there should be a significant spike. Then again signing Martinez probably came out of the transfer kitty.

Wages - probably that will come through in years to come however as nearly all players have yet to negotiate new contracts its not a valid point to make.

Debt - none of the transfer fees and TV windfalls have been set aside to pay of debt in the last few years. Indeed debt has increased.

Fair post...extreme views are what happens on football forums. The obsession seems to be with 'net spend'...as if there were a trophy for the 'greatest net spend'. Moving players on and acquiring better players and achieving a negative spend or breaking even, or a small net spend, is really the way to conduct transfer business if you need the club to remain stable in an ideal world. There should be some additional money available to all clubs with the new TV deal, but I don't think going on a spending spree like the woman made famous by the 'Spend Spend Spend' TV show is the way to go, simply to apease fans who think that spending 25 or 30 million(net!) guarantees champions league success. Give Martinez what he wants, as much as possible, but don't blame the board if what Martinez wants is less than many think. If we find a striker who succeeds for £6 million, don't complain that we didn't blow £30 million on Falcao or whoever.

Fair post...extreme views are what happens on football forums. The obsession seems to be with 'net spend'...as if there were a trophy for the 'greatest net spend'. Moving players on and acquiring better players and achieving a negative spend or breaking even, or a small net spend, is really the way to conduct transfer business if you need the club to remain stable in an ideal world. There should be some additional money available to all clubs with the new TV deal, but I don't think going on a spending spree like the woman made famous by the 'Spend Spend Spend' TV show is the way to go, simply to apease fans who think that spending 25 or 30 million(net!) guarantees champions league success. Give Martinez what he wants, as much as possible, but don't blame the board if what Martinez wants is less than many think. If we find a striker who succeeds for £6 million, don't complain that we didn't blow £30 million on Falcao or whoever.

The busiest time of the year for you Steve, our transfer windows. Tell me after all these years of defending bill, quoting him word for word from distant years ago were you a little bit miffed when the emails came out that naming the "friends" of the club, that you never made the list.

The obsession seems to be with 'net spend'

Give Martinez what he wants, as much as possible, but don't blame the board if what Martinez wants is less than many think.

Totally agree Steve, the board should be applauded for allowing Martinez a minus 10M spend in his first window. I have heard that Roberto's told them he doesn't want any money to spend, and would resign if they offered any.

The busiest time of the year for you Steve, our transfer windows. Tell me after all these years of defending bill, quoting him word for word from distant years ago were you a little bit miffed when the emails came out that naming the "friends" of the club, that you never made the list.

Which list was that Mr Cribb? Most people remember you as a nonentity on Kipper, always coming up with wild untruths,now youre a mega nonentity. Have you EVER got one Everton related prophesy correct? Must be awful for you that we're doing so well, and that our PR is so good these days. Once said five words to Bill, in a theatre, thats all, and if you trawl back, you'll find out what those five words were. You've been told often enough.

Which list was that Mr Cribb? Most people remember you as a nonentity on Kipper, always coming up with wild untruths,now youre a mega nonentity. Have you EVER got one Everton related prophesy correct? Must be awful for you that we're doing so well, and that our PR is so good these days. Once said five words to Bill, in a theatre, thats all, and if you trawl back, you'll find out what those five words were. You've been told often enough.
Tell me steve it wasn't "Where's the Arteta money Bill" was it ?
LOL !
Going to have a trawl through D410's post to see if he's ever posted anything constructive about the club,the team,players signed,results,Martinez etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back