Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be a transfer window with a net spend. Good old Bill, at least he didn't ban AGM's and attempt to move us to Kirkby like some sort of shifty foreigner would do.

This.

Year in year out and still there are some who are still surprised by Kenwrights dealings.

Tell you what though, they have yet to pull the usual 'parties are in talks to buy the club' get out of jail free card!

Ahhh there we go.......

seen this on another forum :

Anyone heard anything regarding a buyer for the club had a friend tell me there is an interested party and they will be at the game on Saturday

I have limited info but the person hinted at Russian and a fan if true would have thought they would stick out like a sore thumb on Saturday

Here you go http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/3592538.stm

Russians deny Everton bid

Everton could benefit from £20m of Russian investment

Russian Anton Zingarevich's planned £20m investment in Everton has been denied by his billionaire father Boris.

"As far as we know he is not planning to buy Everton. He does not have the means." said a spokesman for Ilim Pulp, Boris Zingarevich's company.

Everton had hoped to hold a board meeting on Monday to rubberstamp the investment but that was postponed.

The delay was caused by chairman Bill Kenwright's rival Paul Gregg, who wanted time to study the proposal.

Zingarevich's spokesman added: "Normally, we would not comment on the situation around individual shareholders, but this is not normal.

"I can say that Boris Zingarevich is not planning to buy directly or indirectly assets abroad, I mean sports clubs.

"And this applies to his son and any investment funds as well."

Gregg, who had his own £15m investment plan blocked by Kenwright, said he hoped to discuss the Zingarevich deal before it was signed.

He said: "In order to ensure this proposal is in the best interests of the club it is only right I should examine it.

"I must also have an opportunity to meet those proposed as directors so I can understand fully their ambitions for the club.

"The paperwork only arrived this morning and as soon as I have had a chance to look at the detail I will be in touch with Bill to reschedule the board meeting."

Zingarevich, whose father Boris owns Russia's largest paper manufacturer, had been reportedly set to acquire a 40% controlling stake.

Anton, 24, reportedly made his offer through Fortress Sports Fund, which he owns and is based in Brunei.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright said: "Anton is terrific. He's got an encyclopaedic football knowledge."

The club said it would not comment on Zingarevich's investment until the board meeting had taken place.

But Kenwright told the Moscow Times of Zingarevich's "passion" for football and insisted the £20m investment would be used in the transfer market.

"It is the ambition of myself and the sports fund to return Everton to its former glory," Kenwright said.

"We've been tracking certain players throughout the summer. We hope to announce who within the next 10 days."

It was claimed in a newspaper report on Sunday that Boris Zingarevich was the £20m investor but Everton moved quickly to deny that.

"Reports naming Boris Zingarevich as the proposed principle new investor in Everton are incorrect," said a statement.

But the club did not deny that the son of Boris was behind the deal, and that is expected to be confirmed soon.

In all there are seven investors in the Fortress Sports Fund.

One of them, Christopher Samuelson, said of the Everton bid: "We will run the club as a business and not as an ego trip."

Samuelson is chief executive of Mutual Trust, and a former principal at Valmet.

That firm was part owned by Menatep, a holding company through which tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky controls the troubled Yukos Yuko.MM oil firm.

Was not Mikhail Khodorkovsky rumoured at one time to be THE man in a takeover.

Now that he has been released from prison.........

http://www.khodorkovsky.com/

he couldn't afford us he was asset stripped by putin, something like £500 million he was last rated as being worth but it would cost around £150 million just to buy us so cant see him willing to spend nearly a 1/3 of his entire wealth just on buying us, then you have transfer funds/debt to clear

he couldn't afford us he was asset stripped by putin, something like £500 million he was last rated as being worth but it would cost around £150 million just to buy us so cant see him willing to spend nearly a 1/3 of his entire wealth just on buying us, then you have transfer funds/debt to clear

You wouldnt pay Kenwright and his cronies £150 million AND THEN clear the debt yourself.

Thanks Putin. Screwed us over there haven't you?

Still, Michael Ball is putting together an excellent production of Rocky Horror on at the West End, so fingers crossed we'll be in for a bumper summer. If it makes it to Broadway we might even be able to afford to bring Marcus Bent back.

Kenwright's bloated head appears without fail at the ground, on tv, every time we win, like some bad Nuremberg rally.

Why did we need to sell Jelavic, Bill to fund only £1M on McGeady ?

Kenwright's bloated head appears without fail at the ground, on tv, every time we win, like some bad Nuremberg rally.

Why did we need to sell Jelavic, Bill to fund only £1M on McGeady ?

We need to see Jelavic because we are getting good money for him and he adds nothing to the team, great buisness from the club if it comes out at the reported price

Why did we need to agree the Jelavic sale (great deal as you say btw) before we outlaid just £1M was the question.

what i gleaned from martinez's quotes on that was that he thought we needed another body with jelavic leaving, hence bringing the mcgeady deal forward. Nothing sinister about it. may be wrong though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back