Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Leahy is a good egg. Commercial expertise and if he can leverage burnham too, get this fat headed twerp on his way to Majorca to retire we'll all be happy.
I imagine he'd be a lot like Daniel Levy but with slightly more patience with managers.

Terry Leahy studied at UMIST(Manchester Business School) under Professor Cary Cooper, and my wife was Prof Coopers secretary at the time. Because of this (very tenuous!) link I wrote to TL a few years ago asking if he had considered investment in Everton or a closer involvement with the club. The response from TLs secretary was that 'Mr Leahy has no intention now or ever investing in any football club'
It has to be remembered that although TL had high profile in his job, he was simply a salaried employee and is not worth anything like the amount required to become financially involved in football. He is, however, (another) close friend/contact of Bills from whom Bill takes 'advice'.
Cary Cooper is an American who has lived in this country for years, and is often on TV when a Psychologists opinion is required on sporting matters. He has been a Manchester City supporter for many years .

The ground issue isn't even that big of a deal anymore, with the huge increase in the TV rights payments. In three years i imagine the rights value will increase substantially again, and matchday revenues will make up an even smaller portion of overall income for the club.

It's still of massive importance to the club.

The revenue generated isn't the prime issue. Our stadium problem has been our "elephant in the room" for the last 15 years. We need a new stadium out of necessity as opposed to merely expansion, as the Old Lady is a tired, poor facility by modern standards, and is basically at the end of it's lifespan. It's an issue that won't go away, it needs resolving and it is holding us back, as any potential buyer knows it's a major issue.

Terry Leahy studied at UMIST(Manchester Business School) under Professor Cary Cooper, and my wife was Prof Coopers secretary at the time. Because of this (very tenuous!) link I wrote to TL a few years ago asking if he had considered investment in Everton or a closer involvement with the club. The response from TLs secretary was that 'Mr Leahy has no intention now or ever investing in any football club'

He's a clever guy, never going to invest in Everton while Bill's busy running the business down.

He hasn't got the personal wealth to make a substantial investment in Everton; he's employed as a consultant by the club

He's got a few million to buy shares with and Bill spent a lot less than that buying up a few in the last couple of years. As stated he's not likely to risk a penny knowing Bill as he does.

He's got a few million to buy shares with and Bill spent a lot less than that buying up a few in the last couple of years. As stated he's not likely to risk a penny knowing Bill as he does.

So he buys shares and then what?? Just to sit on the board and not invest in the team. That doesn't do anything

He's a very close and good friend of Bill Kenwright and has advised him on many a thing over the years, nothing to do with risking money, he just doesn't have the personal fortune to make a substantial investment to progress the club or the team.

Anyway, he has no intention of becoming the chairman or being involved directly with the running of the football club, he his simply a consultant who will use his contacts and knoweldge of the business world to try and make things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back