Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know to much about the board and all that but why does kenwright get all the stick and not the other guys jon woods and Robert earl and whoever else is there??I looked through quite a lot of the thread pages but still don't fully understand what really goes on with our board and our financial state could someone please explain to me in a fairly simple way whats going on? I've always been curious at why many people are upset about it and some aren't to bothered by it. cheers :)

I don't know to much about the board and all that but why does kenwright get all the stick and not the other guys jon woods and Robert earl and whoever else is there??I looked through quite a lot of the thread pages but still don't fully understand what really goes on with our board and our financial state could someone please explain to me in a fairly simple way whats going on? I've always been curious at why many people are upset about it and some aren't to bothered by it. cheers :)

Read the Davk alternative cxmas message.

All you know to really.

Only 1 of them parades on Sky Sports News and calls themselves the worlds biggest Evertonian.

;)

Aye, because Kenwright is the tall good looking one it's natural the haters pick on him. Don't worry about understanding the board and our financial state, it doesn't stop others posting in support of them.

Gotta be honest mate he deffo said Kings Dock but it was a throwaway comment on saturday when he was telling me about the Liverpool 1 development and his small part dealing with the major backer Lord Grosvenor.

He was making the point agencies are always flying kites of civil engineering ideas without money making it look a goer when it's not and Liverpool 1 looked like that till Lord Grosvenor got involved - hence his comment and yes he did say Peel Holdings.

He made a fortune out of these sorta deals but it is shady he reckons every major deal of this sort is down to one or two men behind closed doors and done in principle quickly.

With due respect to Bluesnapper the agencies he mentions seem real talking shop boys rather than deal makers I'm not saying they didn't get together but I could see them convincing themselves it was on when it never was.

A bit like the prospect of top 4 among evertonians - there are realists and dreamers.

I might add my cursory knowledge of Liverpool Port is it's owned by Peel Holdings so presumably somewhere down the line they had to be involved if building on their land.

But the undeniable fact is it didn't happen.

The Kings Dock has never been owned by Peel.

Further, the Kings Dock project started around 2000/01 and Peel didnt get its hands on the MDHC and the Port of Liverpool until 2005.

The Kings Dock has never been owned by Peel.

Further, the Kings Dock project started around 2000/01 and Peel didnt get its hands on the MDHC and the Port of Liverpool until 2005.
Don't worry about it mate I'll see him in a couple of months and if I remember I'll get into him for you.

He'll have some kinda cloak and dagger mafia answer or something to show we may be at cross purposes but bottom line was we didn't have the money.

According to him there's no return on new grounds compared to similar costing ventures so will never happen unless someone else stumps up, which was his point.

I might add he predicted a few years ago LFC's much vaunted new build was pie in the sky for the same reasons.

The ground issue isn't even that big of a deal anymore, with the huge increase in the TV rights payments. In three years i imagine the rights value will increase substantially again, and matchday revenues will make up an even smaller portion of overall income for the club.

The ground issue isn't even that big of a deal anymore, with the huge increase in the TV rights payments. In three years i imagine the rights value will increase substantially again, and matchday revenues will make up an even smaller portion of overall income for the club.

Arsenal disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back