Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kings Dock had absolutely nothing to do with Peel.

As for that site on the East Lancs that was to be a tram terminus/sheds donkeys years ago (2001). The buildings that are there now have been there years too.
I'll get our Pete to give you a call mate you can tell him he's lieing he's far too handy for me with all his martial arts cack.

You need sponds to compete end of, the games gone like formula one less about ability and more about who has the most wrong a to pay.

More an egg and spoon race for owners then about having 1 special player or the best manager. It's becoming less of a talent driven competition and ,ore an exercise in financial governance, the game is dying a bit for me every year!

I'll get our Pete to give you a call mate you can tell him he's lieing he's far too handy for me with all his martial arts cack.

The organisations involved were Liverpool City Council, Liverpool Vision, English Partnerships and the North West Development Agency. No Peel.

You talking Kings Dock? Our Pete says that was never the goer it was made out to be.

He was in the initial meetings with Peel Holdings and he knew from minute one it was pie in the sky and more to the point the representatives from Peel Holdings knew how it become such a cause celeb mystifies him.

Kirkby on the other hand had the 2 things the club want - costs shared and bang next to motorways.

He still says the best site is the old English Electric Site on the East Lancs rd but who's going to go in with them?

You thinking about the Clarence Dock scheme ? Kings Dock as always on subject to our board stumping up the £30M big ones.

You thinking about the Clarence Dock scheme ? Kings Dock as always on subject to our board stumping up the £30M big ones.
Gotta be honest mate he deffo said Kings Dock but it was a throwaway comment on saturday when he was telling me about the Liverpool 1 development and his small part dealing with the major backer Lord Grosvenor.

He was making the point agencies are always flying kites of civil engineering ideas without money making it look a goer when it's not and Liverpool 1 looked like that till Lord Grosvenor got involved - hence his comment and yes he did say Peel Holdings.

He made a fortune out of these sorta deals but it is shady he reckons every major deal of this sort is down to one or two men behind closed doors and done in principle quickly.

With due respect to Bluesnapper the agencies he mentions seem real talking shop boys rather than deal makers I'm not saying they didn't get together but I could see them convincing themselves it was on when it never was.

A bit like the prospect of top 4 among evertonians - there are realists and dreamers.

I might add my cursory knowledge of Liverpool Port is it's owned by Peel Holdings so presumably somewhere down the line they had to be involved if building on their land.

But the undeniable fact is it didn't happen.

Last edited:

Can we kidnap Kenwright and take a hot poker to his testicles until he coughs up details of where the money goes? If/when it becomes apparent in the summer that our war chest actually just involves us re-signing Kevin Kilbane, and loaning John Spencer until Christmas then I'm going to be distraught.

Can we kidnap Kenwright and take a hot poker to his testicles until he coughs up details of where the money goes? If/when it becomes apparent in the summer that our war chest actually just involves us re-signing Kevin Kilbane, and loaning John Spencer until Christmas then I'm going to be distraught.

You are being very presumptious assuming that Mr Kenwright has testicles

I've often heard him called the female version of the said objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back