Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The Everton Board Thread (Inc. Bill Kenwright / Blue Union)

Is it time for Change...???

• Kenwright an the Board out, We need Change.

Votes: 503 80.0%
  • Im Happy with the way thing are. Kenwright an the Board should stay

Votes: 126 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look boyo, surely 60,000 x £37 is better than 39,000 x £37, regardless of the "region".

One, we don't sell out most of our games, and two, the average ticket price is nowhere near £37. Kids get in for a tenner, season ticket holders pay an average of about £25 a game.

We'd also never fill a 60,000 seater stadium.

The ground issue isn't even that big of a deal anymore, with the huge increase in the TV rights payments. In three years i imagine the rights value will increase substantially again, and matchday revenues will make up an even smaller portion of overall income for the club.

Yes, but tv money goes to everyone.

It's the money from matchdays, sponsorship, merchandise etc that separates the men from the boys.

Yes, but tv money goes to everyone.

It's the money from matchdays, sponsorship, merchandise etc that separates the men from the boys.

And all of those things are intrinsically linked to the success of the club on the pitch. As i said, getting a new stadium in isolation will change nothing in the long run. The club would put itself in debt to build it and would be financially no better off in the short term.

One, we don't sell out most of our games, and two, the average ticket price is nowhere near £37. Kids get in for a tenner, season ticket holders pay an average of about £25 a game.

We'd also never fill a 60,000 seater stadium.

True, but the ones in charge at GP get that figure without trying.

Think what we could do with business professionals in charge and they aim high.

True, but the ones in charge at GP get that figure without trying.

Think what we could do with business professionals in charge and they aim high.

Well yeah, that's what i meant with my original comment.

A new stadium won't make us a top 4 team or make us win trophies, that will come as a result of investment into the squad.

A new stadium won't make us a top 4 team or make us win trophies, that will come as a result of investment into the squad.
Surely a new stadium would attract people though? Snazzy new stadium, no wooden seats, no big pillars in the way :D

Surely a new stadium would attract people though? Snazzy new stadium, no wooden seats, no big pillars in the way :D

Not enough to make a financial impact in the short to medium term.

A new stadium would cost at least £100m, even if the club only had to pay a third of that it would take years before they even recouped the money invested.

No it wont and short term it would leave us very short of cash and as you say, we wouldnt get 60k every week, as it stands we would be lucky to get that even for the Derby, but the stadium is an issue IMO.

I think the argument is that if a dodgy foreign dictator wants a huge european club to send off into the Cl then that ain't going to happen with our stadium. They'd have to build a new one as well as buying Messi and Lahm.

But I'm far from convinced that's the kind of owner on the table.

The average good owner, who just wants to pump a bit of money in rather than roman ammounts isn't going to be turned off by Goodison, at all.

I think we'd see a 50k stadium with much better corporate facilities (something goodison lacks compared to the competition for europe, with the potential to expand another 5-10k. Not that this would happen under BK of course, we'd need investment to get to the point where it could even be considered

Terry Leahy is a good egg. Commercial expertise and if he can leverage burnham too, get this fat headed twerp on his way to Majorca to retire we'll all be happy.

I no we are everton and were not like other supporters but really now this cannot carry on would any other team and I mean any other put up with there owner of there football team treating there fans like he is. we're are EVERTON FC and are playing in the premiere league and had a chance of wembley (again) and top four There is just no ambition does bill kenwright think that showing off mcgeady before the game makes everthing ok? it s total disrespect to all everton fans we get out spent by most if not all in the premier league yet we sell players it's just lie after lie from this man and now it's rubbing off on the manager.

Wheres the Arteta money bill?
mb5hf9vsyuglmfldqucp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back