The Everton Board Thread

2. UEFA rules prohibit ownership of more than 49.9% in more than one club in UEFA competition (Champions League and Europa League). This was challenged in the European courts and held up by the courts at a 49.9% limit.

And if you'd done the research you'd know what the consequences of that rule are.

UEFA RULES

Article 5 of regulations in each UEFA competition — the Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League — is about integrity and multi-club ownership.

Clubs cannot hold shares or have management control in another club taking part in a UEFA competition, nor can individuals and legal entities have ownership or management control over more than one club.

UEFA requires the club that qualified for “the most prestigious” competition to take its place while the other is excluded. The next tiebreaker is which club finished higher in its domestic league.

That rule says clubs owned by the same person or group can't compete in the same competition. The UEFA competitons it is referring to are the Champions League, Europa League, and Europa Conference. It says nothing about you not being able to own multiple European clubs.

The way it works for everyone else.

@Damo_1878 doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

The rule forbids you owning part of another club in the Premier League or about to be promoted into the league.

It says absolutely nothing about owning teams outside of England.

City aren't the only ones.
Ahh cheers.
Thought something wasn't adding up.

It helps if you actually understand what you are reading and the right sections @Efcjake

This shall be my final post on GOT given the behaviour of individuals on here like @Bluelenny1984. It's not a friendly helpful forum. As evidenced by the chain of posts yesterday. It's an aggressive unhelpful place and on that basis I'm departing GOT permanently.

However, before I disappear I just wanted to be clear that when I was referring to outright/full takeover I was meaning that about more than one club persistently in European completion. Or in the Premier League. Because its relevant as explained below.

1. Premier League fit and proper person rules prohibit ownership of more than 30% in more than one "club" anywhere. It's been the rule since 2004.

2. UEFA rules prohibit ownership of more than 49.9% in more than one club in UEFA competition (Champions League and Europa League). This was challenged in the European courts and held up by the courts at a 49.9% limit.

These things have been known about for years. Seeing as your so good with Google go look it up.

Now you claim to have "wexxed" me.

It does help @Efcjake if you actually read and quote the right sections of the Premier League rulebook.

Why are you quoting the "Directors test" section? I know you're probably more familiar with Canadian sports but before quoting at least make sure you quote the right sections. 🙄 Particularly if claiming you've "wexxed" someone.

It is a fact. If 777 wish to buy >30% of Everton they will need to sell down to 30% in every other club they presently own. Same for MSP.

Here's the relevant rulebook sections you didn't read

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

The Premier League has since 2004, prohibited individuals owning more than 30% of any "club" (lower case). That's club. Anywhere in any League. Not just in England.
View attachment 209407

777 and/or MSP will if seeking to own >30% of Everton Football Club need to sell their other club stakes down to 30%.

Those rules have only been in effect @Efcjake for almost 20 years. 🤷‍♂️

On that note. In my final GOT post. I wish I could say its been fun. Friendly. But it hasn't. Some of you really need to look at your behaviour. Goodbye.
You’ll be back like last time you left permanently.

Just wait and see.

The way it works for everyone else.

@Damo_1878 doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

The rule forbids you owning part of another club in the Premier League or about to be promoted into the league.

It says absolutely nothing about owning teams outside of England.

City aren't the only ones.
The Pozzi family with Watford and Udinese for one

It helps if you actually understand what you are reading and the right sections @Efcjake

This shall be my final post on GOT given the behaviour of individuals on here like @Bluelenny1984. It's not a friendly helpful forum. As evidenced by the chain of posts yesterday. It's an aggressive unhelpful place and on that basis I'm departing GOT permanently.

However, before I disappear I just wanted to be clear that when I was referring to outright/full takeover I was meaning that about more than one club persistently in European completion. Or in the Premier League. Because its relevant as explained below.

1. Premier League fit and proper person rules prohibit ownership of more than 30% in more than one "club" anywhere. It's been the rule since 2004.

These things have been known about for years. Seeing as your so good with Google go look it up.

It does help @Efcjake if you actually read and quote the right sections of the Premier League rulebook.

Why are you quoting the "Directors test" section? I know you're probably more familiar with Canadian sports but before quoting at least make sure you quote the right sections. 🙄 Particularly if claiming you've "wexxed" someone.

It is a fact. If 777 wish to buy >30% of Everton they will need to sell down to 30% in every other club they presently own. Same for MSP.

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

The Premier League has since 2004, prohibited individuals owning more than 30% of any "club" (lower case). That's club. Anywhere in any League. Not just in England.
View attachment 209407

777 and/or MSP will if seeking to own >30% of Everton Football Club need to sell their other club stakes down to 30%.

On that note. In my final GOT post. I wish I could say its been fun. Friendly. But it hasn't. Some of you really need to look at your behaviour. Goodbye.
A grass and a coward

Booooooooooooo

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

View attachment 209407

Can’t be arsed reading all that.

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

View attachment 209407

adzmci-kdb.gif

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

View attachment 209407

Shame too see you go, the inside knowledge you have on what Moshiri is thinking and doing has been invaluable.

View attachment 209403
View attachment 209404
View attachment 209405
Owners test section:
View attachment 209406

View attachment 209407

And if you'd done the research you'd know what the consequences of that rule are.

UEFA RULES

Article 5 of regulations in each UEFA competition — the Champions League, Europa League and Europa Conference League — is about integrity and multi-club ownership.

Clubs cannot hold shares or have management control in another club taking part in a UEFA competition, nor can individuals and legal entities have ownership or management control over more than one club.

UEFA requires the club that qualified for “the most prestigious” competition to take its place while the other is excluded. The next tiebreaker is which club finished higher in its domestic league.

That rule says clubs owned by the same person or group can't compete in the same competition. The UEFA competitons it is referring to are the Champions League, Europa League, and Europa Conference. It says nothing about you not being able to own multiple European clubs.
Plus, Ceferin (spelling?) was recently on Gary Nevilles overlap podcast and he said the multiclub rules will change.

It's inevitable.