The Everton Board Thread

You want to bet mate, I saw yesterday that Kenwright has managed to weasel his way into the discussions, probably trying to spin some fabricated yarn to make sure he gets to keep his beloved chairmans seat.
He’s the chairman so of course he’s gonna be in the negotiations, by all accounts the consortium will be putting their own people in place including Bill’s replacement

You want to bet mate, I saw yesterday that Kenwright has managed to weasel his way into the discussions, probably trying to spin some fabricated yarn to make sure he gets to keep his beloved chairmans seat.

I don't think new owners could possibly do worse. I could list all the mistakes again, but I don't want to go over it all again. Moshiri's leadership has been at best poor, and that's being generous.

I don't think new owners could possibly do worse. I could list all the mistakes again, but I don't want to go over it all again. Moshiri's leadership has been at best poor, and that's being generous.
Well one thing they can't do (despite popular belief) is asset strip as we have very few assets to actually strip. All they need to do is show some kind of a plan ie: where do they want to be in the next 3 years, the next 5 years, the next 10 years. This is where Moshiri went wrong imo.

Well one thing they can't do (despite popular belief) is asset strip as we have very few assets to actually strip. All they need to do is show some kind of a plan ie: where do they want to be in the next 3 years, the next 5 years, the next 10 years. This is where Moshiri went wrong imo.

They can borrow against future season ticket money like BK used to do though, scale back the BMD plans and/or put bank loans on the club whilst not investing a penny in the squad. They can do silly things such as stick their kids on the board with no footballing / high end business experience in Kenwright style nepotism.

If many fans didnt put up with it under True Blue BK what makes some think they'll accept it under some clueless Yanks who'll never show their face?

I always thought that would be the case.

Technically, hes an innocent man.
Well technically he is “presumed innocent”: he is only innocent if he did nothing wrong and/or a jury of his peers decide he did nothing wrong.

Even though he is presumed innocent, he could equally be guilty. Technically that is, of course.

I haven’t “hitched my wagon” or have a hard on for anyone, you are once again, to the surprise of no one, lying.

Anyway let’s hope your hero doesn’t add selling the club to skint cowboys to his dossier of failures as owner of Everton football club.
He has to support Moshiri. As it was him who hired his favourite ever manager. If he didn't, he would be contradicting himself because it would imply that Moshiri makes bad decisions, putting the hiring of aforementioned manager into the category of bad decisions. Which somehow, he still thinks was a good move.

They can borrow against future season ticket money like BK used to do though, scale back the BMD plans and/or put bank loans on the club whilst not investing a penny in the squad. They can do silly things such as stick their kids on the board with no footballing / high end business experience in Kenwright style nepotism.

If many fans didnt put up with it under True Blue BK what makes some think they'll accept it under some clueless Yanks who'll never show their face?
They won't be allowed to borrow against future season ticket sales mate, especially given our current debt/financial state, the terms and conditions for owners changed after that Tracey Crouch investigation, this has already been mentioned on a few things.
Id like to see them try and scale back BMD, i mean its halfway through the build I imagine you would have some pretty pissed off builders who would not be happy about being messed about and losing money on potential work in the middle of a large scale project.
None of us have any idea what they are going to do, lets be honest if they are looking to make money then Everton are the wrong club to do it with. We need to wait and see but at the end of the day Moshiri is choosing to sell to these people, nobody is forcing him.

He has to support Moshiri. As it was him who hired his favourite ever manager. If he didn't, he would be contradicting himself because it would imply that Moshiri makes bad decisions, putting the hiring of aforementioned manager in dispute.

Hmmm bringing up Benitez again whilst claiming others are the obsessed ones :coffee: @Saint Domingo

Some of you are brainwashed that Moshiri is the worst owner of all time and that anyone including a bloke in a Manchester bedsit will be an upgrade.

As more details of these real estate venture Capitalists come out in the press the more your cult look very silly hitching your wagons to this lot.

No billionaires

No football experience

The money man behind the deal nearly going bankrupt a decade ago

Putting their frat boy sons on the board despite zero experience in sports background or even high end business.

No proof of funds

No details of what they would invest in the club / squad and if any investment would include bank loans put out on the club or not.

Terrifying stuff.

Hmmm bringing up Benitez again whilst claiming others are the obsessed ones :coffee: @Saint Domingo

Some of you are brainwashed that Moshiri is the worst owner of all time and that anyone including a bloke in a Manchester bedsit will be an upgrade.

As more details of these real estate venture Capitalists come out in the press the more your cult look very silly hitching your wagons to this lot.

No billionaires

No football experience

The money man behind the deal nearly going bankrupt a decade ago

Putting their frat boy sons on the board despite zero experience in sports background or even high end business.

No proof of funds

No details of what they would invest in the club / squad and if any investment would include bank loans put out on the club or not.

Terrifying stuff.

It is terrifying, to think we could get worse owners than Moshiri AND Kenwright. For all Moshiri`s failings he had the money to put in and fund our losses, we still have money to spend but cant due to the way it was spent previously. Under these US chancers we simply wouldnt have the money to spend, just what we made which some may say is good but it is going back to the BK days when we hit a glass ceiling.

You may have seen my ramblings on Twitter but the way I see it....

None of the Kenyon Consortium are what I call Premier League wealthy, only Kaminski is considered a billionaire but his money isn`t actual cash it is property.

With this in mind they personally can not afford to buy Everton, they will buy Everton with loans which they may or may not put back on to the club as debt, as the Glazers have done, or they will take 10s of millions out of the club each year to pay these loans. Either way the club and us the supporters are paying for them to buy Everton.

The stadium will come as a loan of some sort, they don`t have the money to pay for this themselves.

This means they are putting nearly £1bn debt on to Everton to buy it directly or indirectly, to me that is very very worrying indeed.

Under Moshiri, when we get to the point FFP has been cleared and the big losses for the last 2/3 years have gone we will be free to go out and spend as we wish again, under these new owners it will not work like that, we will need to still be within our means and penny pinching forever more stuck in another 30 years of decline. The reason I say that is because Infrastructure of the club isn`t part of FFP and can be improved and scaled up as the owner wants but if you have owners that cant build that infrastructure the club becomes very limited and doesnt move with the times or grow.

Everyone points to the need for Everton to be run better, we all agree with that and we are seeing the signs of learning from past failings, Thelwell is free to do his job and the new structure around FF and the academy show professionalism and the best people for them jobs are getting them. Kenyon has run 2 of the biggest PL clubs successfully but I`m not sure he will be involved at Everton becuase he doesnt want to move back up north. He says as much in articles I have read, he is purely brokering this deal.

This consortium also plan to add their sons to the board of directors, who I`m sure will take big wages as directors, sounds very Glazer/Kroenke esque to me.

Kenyons consortium are chancers, looking to pick up a PL club on the cheap using loans, invest nothing whilst using club money to pay for the club and make a big profit in a few years. As has been said previously money will be saved, my worry is they will scale back the stadium or reduce the quality as these guys simply do not have the money to own a PL club.

Moshiri has failed but lets not champion these guys because they aren`t Moshiri, there are plenty more buyers out there with considerable wealth. Thanks for taking time to read....

….and that…
Tell ‘em to bugger off and be free, why do ppl pay for news nowadays when you have this thing called Google