The Everton Board Thread

No you’re not. You’re lying and making assumptions, again. Yawn.

Are they friends with Farage and far right yanks like Trump who just banned abortion - yes?

Are the group PL wealthy - no

Are they reported to want to put their kids on the board - yes

Are they reported to have only had initial interest in the stadium and real estate? - yes

Have they any experience in running a sports club never mind a football one? - no

Is it in the press that the money man behind the deal nearly went bankrupt years ago - yes

They are facts which I am making my opinion from.

What facts are you making your opinion that they'll be good owners from?

You haven't any! Its just "something something Moshiri worse".

You're naive mate.

Stop harping on about one season we finished 16th and look into this group seriously as if it goes wrong we'll have a lot more to worry about than just a one off relegation battle season.

Think liquidation

Think administration

Hell Newcastle who had a better than Moshiri in Mike Ashley according to some actually got relegated.
Again scaremongering based on absolutely nothing thus far
Because waiting until they have ownership is too late.
What little influence we can exert would be better applied before they succeed rather than after.
Ask the mancs .
Where was this when Moshiri was wasting millions on utter tosh? We were nearly relegated 6 weeks ago because of his mismanagement. The men behind this consortium are hard end business men who have a clue, led/advised by an actual football man

I am just very thankful we appointed him at this point if I'm being honest. He made some mistakes, but he learned quickly and made some key in game changes.

We all know the alternatives were Vitor Pereira or Roberto Martinez in a job-share. Just truly unbelievable incompetence by Moshiri. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we fired Benitez before we were already off the cliff (it was very, very close) and ended up hiring Lampard. Personally I think it's safe to say that the fan response would not have been quite the same with either of those two. If you believe otherwise, fine, but ignoring Lampard's contribution to that fan response is misguided. He's passionate about the club and it's what this fanbase deserves. It's not a prerequisite for the job, but are you surprised that it's making us fond of him?
Lampard owes a lot to VP.. neither where really liked or wanted but Lampard was preferred over VP then VP went on sky and it became all about everyone wanting Lampard when days earlier it was all. Tory Boy no thanks.

Still not convinced on him myself but I do back him. I like the fact he honest and will fight our corner(for once) and finally the fact he will to change and not be stubborn. Has he got what it takes we will see

Ask haventaclue92 ...he knows.

I do actually.

Its quite easy to find out if you have the internet.

Thats the problem with some on here though - they dont research things they wait to be told by the esk or bobble or some random twitter page without looking into what we're getting ourselves into.

The money man behind the deal nearly went bankrupt a few years back - search the information its all there but some choose not too whilst poking fun at those who do as being "doom mongers".

But we did want the club to buy 30m players, we did want the club to break its transfer record, we did want our owner to invest into the club.

But no, we didnt want to spend 27m on Cenk Tosun, I think we all would have rather spent it on somebody else.
We also expected the club to spend with a plan and not spend 70 m on 3 number 10s then come out with… We would of finished 7 without Rom

Lampard owes a lot to VP.. neither where really liked or wanted but Lampard was preferred over VP then VP went on sky and it became all about everyone wanting Lampard when days earlier it was all. Tory Boy no thanks.

Still not convinced on him myself but I do back him. I like the fact he honest and will fight our corner(for once) and finally the fact he will to change and not be stubborn. Has he got what it takes we will see

Moshiri owes a lot to Vitor Pereira shooting himself in the foot. Because otherwise he’d have appointed him and we’d be a Championship club that he’d currently be looking flogging for about £300m less.

By the by who is going to own Everton FC. The overriding factor here is Moshiri sugar daddy has got himself and his wealth sanctioned for being close to autocratic military expansive regime. No coincidence Moshiri appears to want out and is open to selling.

However, I have full confidence in EPL ethics and standards of good and proper ownership of our national game. And I'm sure our very own Government will firm up football morality with their fan led review...lol;)

I would rather have not spent the £30m at all than spend it on Yannick Bolasie. I would rather not have spent the £27m at all than spend it on Cenk Tosun. We would be in a better position currently. That’s what being cautious (or in other words smart) looks like.
To defend Bolasie..at the time he had a history of ripping us apart and was playing well till his freak injury..4 years later he finally left having not played but at the time it was decent business

Tosun on the other hand

In terms of diagnosing what's gone wrong, you're spot on.

However, none of that can be reversed now. We need better players regardless.

Is there really more chance of that happening because there's less money to spend?
Yes because you buy smarter. Good example is buying the next Harry Winks not the current one. Instead of paying 40m for Sigi buy the next Sigi and then turn a profit on him.

We spent 500m and we have 2/3 players we could realistically sell for a large profit

Thats what Burnley, Pompey, Blackpool etc fans said.

They stink to high heaven so why are you willing to risk 15+ years of misery by welcoming them in and waiting to find out?

47B6BC68-9257-4A73-B4C5-4517975F21EC.png

Possibly the most liked post in the history of the forum.

@Naylor56 we salute you sir

I don't disagree with either of you.

I'm just worried that this FFP situation is going to be a death sentence.
Not really. P&L runs over a 3 year period and on the 1st July it changes to a new year. If we can sell someone before Thursday we might actually have a year where we made some money. We spent 1.7m and reduced the wage bill which was and is the major problem.

Any new owner will come in get a new board and go right.. let’s get decent sponsorship.
We don’t have a sleeve sponsor because they feel the offers are under value.

I’m sure it can’t be that hard for a PL team who plays in the biggest league in the world and plays the big 6 teams 12 times a year while being shown world wide can’t find a sponsor that’s not a gambling company and pays so little

But thats the issue - when we can eventually spend money in the future we won't be as these cats are only arsed about the stadium / real estate around BMD and thats it.

We'll be another Newcastle under Ashley - big club, big potential, big stadium, no investment and bobbing around midtable with no excitement - ask a Geordie how great an experience that was.

Why anyone would want that when we have lived through the Kenwright years I'll never know.

We need an owner willing to spend who also sorts oot the recruitment department and brings in good people to run the club - not cowboys sticking their 30 yr old sons in charge of running the show.
You do realise how connect to Usmanov these fella arnt don’t ya?