The Everton Board Thread

The Everton board in a nutshell - Oversee a calamitous few years of shambolic transfers and management that ultimately lead the club to within a whisker of relegation, carry out a strategic review of themselves by themselves and then having apparently done that and learnt from their mistakes they unsurprisngly deem the way forward is to make no decent early signings but consider selling the clubs most gifted and consistent assets to a rival club.

There are no words for this level of incompetence and insanity. The faster the consortium buys us and fecks the lot of these helmets off the better for me.
This 100%
I couldn't care who buys the club now, I just want these clowns gone

Now we wait.

Great. I’ve put this to Kenyon. Let’s see what he says.

giphy.webp

Isn’t she the one responsible for such gems as Tiemoue Bakayoko, Danny Drinkwater, Timo Werner, Romelu Lukaku, Kepa Arrizabalaga, Alvaro Morata, Ross Barkley, Michy Batshuayi, David Zappacosta and Juan Cuadrado? Don’t know what the total outlay was on all of those transfers but I bet it’s utterly eye watering. Chelsea’s transfer business in the past 10 years or so has been largely horrific, particularly on high fee signings.
11 major trophies in the last 10 years if only our transfer mistakes were that bad

I think if we hear rummers of Frank not being happy with the take over,alarm bells will be ringing he will not stay if he is not given the funds to rebuild the team.

I think if we hear rummers of Frank not being happy with the take over,alarm bells will be ringing he will not stay if he is not given the funds to rebuild the team.
He can't be given funds, takeover or not. We are right on the edge of breaching FFP/P+L. Doesn't matter how much money any potential new owners have, they cannot hand Fronk any funds for transfers

He’s on good terms with Kenyon from his Chelsea days
Once again ; Kenyon is just a consultant .
He is employed by various groups and consortiums to advise on takeovers of various football clubs.
His only connection with Thornton and co is to facilitate the potential purchase of Everton on their behalf.
Furthermore all the reports I have read suggest he has no intention of leaving his Jersey tax haven to run a football club.
It is more likely that one of buyers sons will be installed to head up the club as a recent report suggested.

Initially that pic took me to Voldemort in Harry Potter 1 when his head is attached to the back of the other geezers...but I couldn't find an appropriate pic, so it'll have to be a matrix one...
xzeda2p5fh171.png

If talks were so advanced and sounding so amazing why no mention of right and proper persons approval?

Yep. Not that I was at all a fan of him, but Benitez was well and truly lied to as well to get him through the door. He said told he'd be given the funds to make the squad his own, then backed to the tune of 1.7m pounds and two free transfers.

At Everton, this seems to just be the price of business.

The board will have seen Lampard's appointment and ability to avoid relegation as worthwhile even if he demands to leave once they've sold our best players and handed him about a tenth of the money to reinvest. Yes they'd need to pay him off, but the money they made off Richarlison and others will have been more than worth it.

Absolute scumbags in charge at the club, the lot of them.

No need for Moshiri to launder Usmanov's money anymore. Everton is of no use to them, it will be sold quickly
I'm sure if he was 'money laundering' he'd realise that a Premier League Football club that often gives away overpriced, high salary players isn't the best way to do it.

5000 launderettes throughout Europe would be cheaper and more effective.