The Everton Board Thread

I'm sure if he was 'money laundering' he'd realise that a Premier League Football club that often gives away overpriced, high salary players isn't the best way to do it.

5000 launderettes throughout Europe would be cheaper and more effective.
Money Laundering through football clubs is more common than most realize.

Money Laundering through football clubs is more common than most realize.
I don't doubt you.

But to launder you need to be effective at trading, Taking a smallish hit here and there and that's the money cleaned at a 10/20% cost.

We're chucking masses of cash into a big Gbamin/Sigurdsson/Delph/Mina/Gomes *delete as appropriate* shaped hole. That's not how to do it properly.

I'm pretty sure a billionaire accountant grasps that.

I don't doubt you.

But to launder you need to be effective at trading, Taking a smallish hit here and there and that's the money cleaned at a 10/20% cost.

We're chucking masses of cash into a big Gbamin/Sigurdsson/Delph/Mina/Gomes *delete as appropriate* shaped hole. That's not how to do it properly.

I'm pretty sure a billionaire accountant grasps that.

…yep, I thought money laundering was turning ‘dirty money’ into ‘clean money’, not flushing dirty money down the toilet.

…yep, I thought money laundering was turning ‘dirty money’ into ‘clean money’, not throwing dirty money away.
Exactly, it's daft the think that Everton is a money laundering exersize.

Perhaps if they'd built an 85000 seater stadium that actually converts into a 300 lane bowling alley (cash only) on non match days it would be worthy of investigation.

We're 100% not money laundering, just money disposing.

Yes, but as of now he's got no hope of anything other than a 30/40% loss.

Not the best vehicle to launder money.

This is why the stadium will be built even if we can’t afford it in the long run. He has absolutely cacked himself after last season, so wants to sell on the basis that the stadium will eventually be built and scarper with the profit before we go down and the value of the club plummets.

And yet he’s still turned all of Usmanov’s dirty money into clean money. The stadium was the plan the whole time, it was never about anything else.
But that's just it. Like it of not, all of Usmanovs money IS clean.

How he gained control of those companies probably isn't, but they're legitimate global business trading on all continents.

It's complete nonsense to think Everton is part of a grand laundering scheme. If he wanted to launder (pre invasion) he could just chuck Lürssen another 600 mil or whatever for another yacht and immediately re-list it for sale during build.

This is why the stadium will be built even if we can’t afford it in the long run. He has absolutely cacked himself after last season, so wants to sell on the basis that the stadium will eventually be built and scarper with the profit before we go down and the value of the club plummets.
Might also be why he's trying to flog our best players to some thick Americans who have no idea who Richarlison or Gordon are. Bill probably sent a 2-minute highlight reel of Townsend and Gray to seal the deal, with the guarantee that the club will resist any and all offers for both players.

But that's just it, there's no profit. There's not even a realistic hope of break even or even a small loss.