The Everton Board Thread

Absolutely thought Marcel saying "is it only the players" was his way of hinting that he isn't behind Benitez and possibly other decisions at the club. Definitely indicates there is infighting behind the scenes.
Something needs to come out of this emergency board meeting or it's only going to further stoke the fans' anger.
Matt Jones on the blue room made a great point that him saying that as only opened another can of worms that tbh most of us most likely already knew in reality.

The worry for me is would the club and those high up would they have had a meeting about that spat if not that’s worrying in itself.

At present all I can see is us like QPR or even worse Sunderland.

I've got a hunch this board meeting is about sorting out whether we're moving forward with Brands or moving forward with Benitez.

There is a third option - moving forward with neither, but that's highly unlikely.

Who else thinks the twitter video and the rumblings of a Brands/Benitez split was the curtain being pulled back just a bit?
I think you may well be right.

Absolutely thought Marcel saying "is it only the players" was his way of hinting that he isn't behind Benitez and possibly other decisions at the club. Definitely indicates there is infighting behind the scenes.
Something needs to come out of this emergency board meeting or it's only going to further stoke the fans' anger.

It seem Kenwright shat the bed the other night that fans were targeting the board so he has called a meeting. Brands is backing Bill because he's on the chopping block.

There's news in Turkey (I know, not reliable) that Rafael has the full backing of Moshiri, but Bill the man of the people needs to react to recent form and it is very much a divide between Bill and Moshiri.

Rafael won't be sacked before Monday. So my guess is Brands could be gone.

It seem Kenwright shat the bed the other night that fans were targeting the board so he has called a meeting. Brands is backing Bill because he's on the chopping block.

There's news in Turkey (I know, not reliable) that Rafael has the full backing of Moshiri, but Bill the man of the people needs to react to recent form and it is very much a divide between Bill and Moshiri.

Haven't read many of the rumors, but it seems to me there is a divide in the board. The battle lines are team Brands or team Benitez. I suspect you are right about who is backing who, but I don't know what the outcome is.
There does have to be some action though or the anger is going to double. To be seen calling an emergency board meeting and then no change come from it will be disastrous for the board.

you got that bit right

If anything it will be Benitez who goes - why?

Because the real issue is league form. It’s relegation and the potential costs of that . Sacking Brands is unlikely to have any effect on league position while sacking Benitez may well do.

Why does Kenwright support and not blame Brands? Good question. Could it be what some have suspected to be the case - Brands isn’t being allowed to do his job by an ego maniac owner and Kenwright recognises this?

Last edited:

you got that bit right

If anything it will be Benitez who goes - why?

Because the real issue is league form. It’s relegation and the potential costs of that . Sacking Brands is unlikely to have any effect on league position while sacking Benitez may well do.

Why does Kenwright support and not blame Brands? Good question. Could it be what some have suspected to be the case - Brands isn’t being allowed to do his job by an ego maniac owner and Kenwright recognises this?

Another perspective might be that Brands failed in the summer to get deals across the line. Didn't sell anyone on for profit and ultimately our failings with FFP are largely down to him.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back