The Everton Board Thread

It's been rumoured that she's allegedly seeking employment elsewhere.

And the Articles of Association do not permit less than three members on the Board... so a fourth (GS in this potential case) has to be in place before anyone departs.

Only Everton would appoint a random to the board in the event the CEO might possibly could leave.

Rather than actually going out and finding a CEO and bringing them in and moving DBB on if she has the intention of leaving.

This appointment says it all about our club. Ignore anything they say in the press about wanting to compete, how we don’t want to be a museum… it’s all about control, and by god, that fat tumour kenwright is like a turd that won’t flush. I long for the day he has nothing to do with Everton FC.

This appointment says it all about our club. Ignore anything they say in the press about wanting to compete, how we don’t want to be a museum… it’s all about control, and by god, that fat tumour kenwright is like a turd that won’t flush. I long for the day he has nothing to do with Everton FC.

What other club produce articles on how great a deal maker a chairman is , a chairman who is supposedly having very little to influence in proceedings,

It’s all highly egotistical.

Farce of an appointment. A NED is typically in place to ensure good corporate governance, to act as a sounding board, to sit on the remuneration committee and to offer guidance and support based on his previous corporate board-level experience.
Sharp can offer absolutely none of these qualities and is wholly inexperienced in corporate matters.

This Club is run by galoots. I’m rapidly coming round to the view that the owner is the major issue.

Farce of an appointment. A NED is typically in place to ensure good corporate governance, to act as a sounding board, to sit on the remuneration committee and to offer guidance and support based on his previous corporate board-level experience.
Sharp can offer absolutely none of these qualities and is wholly inexperienced in corporate matters.

This Club is run by galoots. I’m rapidly coming round to the view that the owner is the major issue.
Super post.

I met Sheedy, Sharp and Mark Higgins on stadium tours, Sharp came across as sharp in name only. Sheedy most impressive of the 3 but none of them Board material.

Our board is an absolute pantomime.

Kudos the Pantomime promoter!!!

A ' NED' in Scotland is a 'none educated delinquent', so how appropriate is that? ?

An old friend of mine is a football agent, I don’t see him to often as we’ve gotten older but he’s a mate from when I grew up. A couple of my mates (we all hung around together) met him for a pint over Christmas and he’s said a few things about us (the lad is a blue himself) that probably aren’t shocking news but thought it might be worth sharing.

He reckons we’re run like a shambles, the lad represents Antonee Robinson. We had first refusal on him when he left. Robinson was being touted by Milan but a deal never went through due to an injury. The lad rang the club, offered him to us and Brands told him we weren’t interested. A deal was then set up with Fulham and at the 11th hour Brands then called back saying we wanted him but was then told it was to late. He’d had first refusal and refused. Brands couldn’t understand how we couldn’t just take him after we’d said no and the deal with Fulham was already in place and agreed.

The lad also said there’s a lot of discontent amongst the youth players. They don’t feel like they’re getting the technical coaching they should be at this stage of their development and all Unsworth does is go on at them about dogs of war. Dobbin doesn’t want to sign a new deal with us as he feels we haven’t really brought him on with the way our youth teams coach the players. The lad never mentioned any other names but did say there were a few in the academy that felt like Dobbin.

I trust the lad, things could change though so Dobbin may very well decide to sign a new deal but my mates that met the lad for a pint were saying how badly we’re being run especially with transfers, the youth set up and their path into first team football. Nothing ground breaking we probably didn’t already know but interesting.