The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri (The Pretender ala Charles Stuart, the prince over the water...in this case Monaco) got rid of his Waylon Smithers as as token sacrifice.
But every modern coque-up factory sorry Football Club seems to needs one.
So Kenwright hired his own Waylon Smithers 2.0 and was able to get it rubber stamped as a top up for the minimum number of directors reqd.

Super post.

I met Sheedy, Sharp and Mark Higgins on stadium tours, Sharp came across as sharp in name only. Sheedy most impressive of the 3 but none of them Board material.

Our board is an absolute pantomime.

Kudos the Pantomime promoter!!!
I had Hickson , twice. Loves the club , genuinely bright ( even in his last year's ) , can make a mean cup of tea and the the only man older than 70 who scared the bejesus out of me .

An old friend of mine is a football agent, I don’t see him to often as we’ve gotten older but he’s a mate from when I grew up. A couple of my mates (we all hung around together) met him for a pint over Christmas and he’s said a few things about us (the lad is a blue himself) that probably aren’t shocking news but thought it might be worth sharing.

He reckons we’re run like a shambles, the lad represents Antonee Robinson. We had first refusal on him when he left. Robinson was being touted by Milan but a deal never went through due to an injury. The lad rang the club, offered him to us and Brands told him we weren’t interested. A deal was then set up with Fulham and at the 11th hour Brands then called back saying we wanted him but was then told it was to late. He’d had first refusal and refused. Brands couldn’t understand how we couldn’t just take him after we’d said no and the deal with Fulham was already in place and agreed.

The lad also said there’s a lot of discontent amongst the youth players. They don’t feel like they’re getting the technical coaching they should be at this stage of their development and all Unsworth does is go on at them about dogs of war. Dobbin doesn’t want to sign a new deal with us as he feels we haven’t really brought him on with the way our youth teams coach the players. The lad never mentioned any other names but did say there were a few in the academy that felt like Dobbin.

I trust the lad, things could change though so Dobbin may very well decide to sign a new deal but my mates that met the lad for a pint were saying how badly we’re being run especially with transfers, the youth set up and their path into first team football. Nothing ground breaking we probably didn’t already know but interesting.
Sounds about right. It’s run like a Boys Club rather than an academy at that level by the sounds of it.

The thought of Sharpy reading through the financial reports immediately brings to mind the look on his face when he was fondling that panda.

I just cannot for the life of me picture him having the first clue what he's reading when presented with a balance sheet or cash flow statement.

The thought of Sharpy reading through the financial reports immediately brings to mind the look on his face when he was fondling that panda.

I just cannot for the life of me picture him having the first clue what he's reading when presented with a balance sheet or cash flow statement.
Here's Sharp ratifying the annual accounts...

grade-stamp.gif

This is amateur hour again. The bloke who used to do stadium tours on the board.

Circus of a club.
I don’t really understand all the fuss. A non exec director doesn’t have much input. The day to day decisions are taken by the executives.

He understands the club and will bring that to the board meetings. Clubs usually have ex players on the board.

That post about the academy/U23 coaching wouldn't surprise me, and if true, is absolutely shambolic from a premier league club. You would probably find better coaching at some Sunday league clubs than what is being coached at finch farm. Is it really that difficult to TRY and emulate the coaching which goes on in top club academies like city, Chelsea etc?

Joke of a club. Cozy fc.

That post about the academy coaching wouldn't surprise me, and if true, is absolutely shambolic from a premier league club. You would probably find better coaching at some Sunday league clubs than what is being coached at finch farm. Is it really that difficult to TRY and emulate the coaching which goes on in top club academies like city, Chelsea etc?

Joke of a club. Cozy fc.
Just posted in the Youth Teams thread about another one of our youth players who jibbed us off 2 years ago now being sold to Dortmund for 20 million.

The academy is a shambles but you've got planks like Dave Prentice telling people Unsworth has done an amazing job because Benitez had his hand forced into playing Dobbins, Simms, and Onyago against Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.