The Everton Board Thread

Who is playing the victim exactly ? I'm simply pointing oot the hypocrisy in our league/rules whilst others just clap like seals about it.

Utd are a perfect example - they've pissed just as much money up the wall as we have in recent years -

£90 millions Pogba
£85 millions Maguire
£75 millions Lukaku
£73 millions Sancho
£50 Millions Fred

They're just the players that come to mind. The difference is they can still go oot and spend another £90 millions on Antony, £65 Millions on Fernandes, £50 millions on Casamerio, £50 millions on Varane, pay Ronaldo and Cavani 300k+ a week contracts to make up for their mistakes and stop any potential relegation fears.

They dont have to sell their top players or restricted to spending £1.7 millions in one summer or cut the wage bill like we have to do.

We've made mistakes but as owner of this club Moshiri should be allowed to atone for his error and have gone oot and given Thelwell/Lampard £100 millions to bring in 2-3 attacking players this summer if we were playing a fair game but we aren't hence why its the same teams in the CL every season.

So whilst its our own fault we're 17th lets not pretend the deck is shuffled fairly.
While you’re on about united, in 1992 they had won 7 leagues and Everton stood on 9. Yeah they’ve wasted a lot of money, but they’ve grown to be able to do that. We’ve spunked money we didn’t have and will never have.

EDIT: the owner can’t atone for his error because he simply doesn’t have the money too do that. Mr Usmanov is no longer part of the game and Everton are now back to the situation we were in under billy liar. The only reason he Funds the stadium is because it’s the only way he gets any semblance of the money back of which he’s put in.

While you’re on about united, in 1992 they had won 7 leagues and Everton stood on 9. Yeah they’ve wasted a lot of money, but they’ve grown to be able to do that. We’ve spunked money we didn’t have and will never have.

EDIT: the owner can’t atone for his error because he simply doesn’t have the money too do that. Mr Usmanov is no longer part of the game and Everton are now back to the situation we were in under billy liar. The only reason he Funds the stadium is because it’s the only way he gets any semblance of the money back of which he’s put in.

Utd can spend what they want because they won titles once upon a time in the 90's and 00's mate same as Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool then the ladder was pulled up. So whilst EFC missed the boat in the 90's clubs like Brighton who are well run will never get a fair crack of the whip and thats my point regarding being a well run club or not currently.

Even if Usmanov was owner of Everton (I personally think he is and Moshiri is a front man) he couldn't spend his own cash because of the bent rules in place.

Throw in the 5 sub rule and now you have clubs like Spurs with quality like Richarlison sat on the bench who is better than most of the other 14 sides first choice striker.

The leagues become a joke mate.

Utd can spend what they want because they won titles once upon a time in the 90's and 00's mate same as Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool then the ladder was pulled up. So whilst EFC missed the boat in the 90's clubs like Brighton who are well run will never get a fair crack of the whip and thats my point regarding being a well run club or not currently.

Even if Usmanov was owner of Everton (I personally think he is and Moshiri is a front man) he couldn't spend his own cash because of the bent rules in place.

Throw in the 5 sub rule and now you have clubs like Spurs with quality like Richarlison sat on the bench who is better than most of the other 14 sides first choice striker.

The leagues become a joke mate.
Mate I fully agree with you, FFP is designed to keep the status quo within the top tier of the European game. Newcastle and Man City are the outliers of this and look at the trouble city had with uefa and Newcastle had getting the takeover over the line. Coincidence, unlikely. But this still doesn’t explain why Everton have spunked 500m on dross and lie 17th in the league. The answer to that lies in the boardroom.

Mate I fully agree with you, FFP is designed to keep the status quo within the top tier of the European game. Newcastle and Man City are the outliers of this and look at the trouble city had with uefa and Newcastle had getting the takeover over the line. Coincidence, unlikely. But this still doesn’t explain why Everton have spunked 500m on dross and lie 17th in the league. The answer to that lies in the boardroom.

Agree mate we made a mess of our investment only us to blame there. I just wish everyone played by the same rules in this league !

Who is playing the victim exactly ? I'm simply pointing oot the hypocrisy in our league/rules whilst others just clap like seals about it.

Utd are a perfect example - they've pissed just as much money up the wall as we have in recent years -

£90 millions Pogba
£85 millions Maguire
£75 millions Lukaku
£73 millions Sancho
£50 Millions Fred

They're just the players that come to mind. The difference is they can still go oot and spend another £90 millions on Antony, £65 Millions on Fernandes, £50 millions on Casamerio, £50 millions on Varane, pay Ronaldo and Cavani 300k+ a week contracts to make up for their mistakes and stop any potential relegation fears.

They dont have to sell their top players or restricted to spending £1.7 millions in one summer or cut the wage bill like we have to do.

We've made mistakes but as owner of this club Moshiri should be allowed to atone for his error and have gone oot and given Thelwell/Lampard £100 millions to bring in 2-3 attacking players this summer if we were playing a fair game but we aren't hence why its the same teams in the CL every season.

So whilst its our own fault we're 17th lets not pretend the deck is shuffled fairly.
If they were really interested in sustainability, the club owners should be made to put a suitable sum of money in escrow with the EPL to make sure there’s fund’s to run the club while player contracts are released so the clubs don’t implode.
Then let them spend what they want while the club itself is protected and the liability sits with the owners.

Does the 120 point plan include the removal of those people who have submerged this club into this free fall into oblivion , mr chairman and all of his hangers on! Imagine defending that charlatan what a hill to die on
A 120 point plan only demonstrates just how broken everything was at the club before. It's an admission on their part how wrong things were. But's there's zero accountability for those failings. Instead they're trying to get acclaim for a 120 point plan!!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back