The F.A Cup or a top 4 finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen us win a couple of FA Cups and finish fourth in the modern age.

So based on that the FA Cup all day. Everton usually win things. Apart from the last 18 years like ffs.

Winning the FA Cup in 1995 was so much better than the 4th place in 2004. I was old enough to celebrate both with beer and the like and nothing tops the feeling of winning the cup.

FA Cup, ive seen us win it but the younger fans deserve a trophy. In 30-40 years time this current team will be judged on what they've won not who they've played

A trip to Real Madrid or Barca would be a great experience, but in reality we'd be making the numbers up in such games.

Again, I suspect a sizeable portion of the 4th place/CL football advocates weren't around in the 80s or in 95.

FA Cup for this 40-year old who yearns for a return to opening our trophy cabinet.

I take a different view...as a fellow arl arse I've seen us win the cup..a couple of times..and would now prefer us to be back in the top echelons of the league...as when that happens, the cups tend to follow

I'd rather finish 17th with the league cup than 2nd with no trophy.

You'd accept a whole season of dog**** football for a day at Wembley?
Jeez, how our fans expectations have fallen, that sounds like something a Wigan fan would aspire to!
We've been the best club team in Europe, if not the world in the past...without the league cup! I set my sights slightly higher

You'd accept a whole season of dog**** football for a day at Wembley?
Jeez, how our fans expectations have fallen, that sounds like something a Wigan fan would aspire to!
We've been the best club team in Europe, if not the world in the past...without the league cup! I set my sights slightly higher

I was three months old last time we won the league, mate. But 1995 where we were dog**** for an entire year, were in a relegation fight for much of it and won a cup is by far the best time I've had as an evertonian. Finishing 4th in 2005 didn't come near it.

And given that in 96 we finished 6th and in 2006 we finished 11th, I know which kickstarted our team the best.

Winning the league was amazing - knowing that we were the best about was brilliant.

The FA Cup was pretty special too, winning things is great and I'd love to see Everton get back to that.

I was three months old last time we won the league, mate. But 1995 where we were dog**** for an entire year, were in a relegation fight for much of it and won a cup is by far the best time I've had as an evertonian. Finishing 4th in 2005 didn't come near it.

And given that in 96 we finished 6th and in 2006 we finished 11th, I know which kickstarted our team the best.

Fair do's...all about what we've seen and what we expect I suppose. I was there in 95 and whilst that was a great day..it comes nowhere near being the top team in the league...and the only way to get near to that again..is the money from getting to the Champs League. A cup run along the way is nice...but the target for our club should be the league

I'd love to win the cup but as we are I would take the CL. The money would go a lot further to making us formidable for years to come. I think we would win cups off the back of the CL with this squad, but I doubt we would win anything off the back of the FA cup.

I'm not sure I get the logic that finishing 4th will automatically mean that cups will follow.

It's about the money. You get to champs league, you get more money. You get more money, you buy better players. You play better players, you win more trophies..granted it's not automatic..but it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back