The Friedkin Group - Dan & Ryan Friedkin [19/07/2024] Purchase Talks Over.

What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 571 68.0%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 234 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 35 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no he’s suddenly not a carpetbagging fraud anymore then? You were trying to hound him out for years even when he had access to his master’s wallet.
What gives you the impression from what I posted that I want him around the club?

Lol.

Daft as a brush.

Moshiri's position at Everton was determined by the Ukraine-Russia situation.

If the political heat is removed I suppose his presence here becomes less of an issue.

Are things changing in that respect? I cant see it just yet, but maybe it comes into play the longer matters drag on with our sale.
He's sanctioned isn't he? The UK isn't suddenly going to lift those sanctions straight after the war ends(whenever that will be), it could take years.

He's sanctioned isn't he? The UK isn't suddenly going to lift those sanctions straight after the war ends(whenever that will be), it could take years.

If the Trumper gets in office, you'll quickly see a "peace" settlement forced upon Ukraine and before long sanctions will start to be lifted in places like US & UK. Putin may remain a pariah in the West but those thinking the West wont want a return of cheap Russian gas / oligarch money are naive to the world of geopolitics and business.

The UK in particular does what the US tells it to do. Usmanov may very well end up back here if these US groups continue to mess Moshiri around with a sale.

If the Trumper gets in office, you'll quickly see a "peace" settlement forced upon Ukraine and before long sanctions will start to be lifted in places like US & UK. Putin may remain a pariah in the West but those thinking the West wont want cheap Russian gas / oligarch money are naive.

The UK in particular does what the US says. Usmanov may very well end up back here if these US groups continue to mess Moshiri around with a sale.

Please stop we've all had enough of yours crazed scenarios and God forbid that lunatic gets back in office.

Well, TFG have loaned us 200m, and they are a player in the clubs future until that is paid off.

What's interesting is they committed that to gain exclusivity, but they must have known the potential for issues with 777 at the time. Perhaps not the full extent, but 200m is a lot of money to gain a look under the bonnet. They cannot have been naive enough to think the due diligence process was going to be a breeze, and there were briefings to the extent that things were far from guaranteed on that front.

We don't know TFG's ultimate intentions. But I think they have come to this in a different place from MSP. I fully understand why they would baulk at a full pay-off of the 777 debt, even outside of the legal issues.

Our future rests with all of our creditors + Moshiri, and the outcome of the Leadenhall case.

It seems implausible that another potential owner will pay such a premium for exclusivity. So the cycle comes full circle and we are back to the existing creditors. That was the solution for both Milan clubs. I can't see RMF taking equity. But, eventually, they, and the others may have to come to a negotiated settlement on debt restructuring.

I still think Friedkin will return to the table, but under conditions that are more favourable to him. The concern is how bad things have to get for the club for that point to be reached. It seems to me that the club will only be sold when its seconds to midnight, taking a doomsday clock scenario.

We have to have a willing and capable buyer, a realistic valuation, legal impediments cleared, and creditor assent. That's a lot of ducks in a row that need to line up.

Please stop we've all had enough of yours crazed scenarios and God forbid that lunatic gets back in office.

Of course he'll get back in, and he's already said when he does the funding of Ukraine will end and a peace settlement will be done quickly.

Those who beleive Moshiri is purposely holding back a sale until he has access to his Russian money may well be onto something in that regard.

Of course he'll get back in, and he's already said when he does the funding of Ukraine will end and a peace settlement will be done quickly.

Those who beleive Moshiri is purposely holding back a sale until he has access to his Russian money may well be onto something in that regard.

By a "peace settlement" you mean Russia will just invade and take over their Country. What a caring human being you're making yourself out to be. Trump is a lying, conniving, grifting ahole and cares only for himself.

By a "peace settlement" you mean Russia will just invade and take over their Country. What a caring human being you're making yourself out to be. Trump is a lying, conniving, grifting ahole and cares only for himself.

You do realise I have no control over international matters ?

I am just informing you of the facts sir. I do not like Trump but he will get back into office and when he does, a deal will be made with Russia.

If I was the Moshiri hater crowd, I would be praying for a sale before the US elections are over as if USM come back Moshiri will be here for the long haul.

This idea that once re-elected, he will immediately achieve a peace settlement involves several assumptions, it's just not going to be that easy. Unless he goes full mad man mode and backs the Russians in taking all the regions they want? Military aggression, human rights abuses, economic disruption, and a growing sense of Ukrainian national identity has led to a significant loss of support for Russia in the Russian-speaking regions of Ukraine, it's a total different landscape today compared to before the full scale invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.