• 👍

Votes: 583 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
I don't care about Roma.

But people are kidding themselves here if they believe that stadium has been 'saved' from outsiders. TFG are the outsiders now in our scenario and they'll own that stadium lock stock and barrel. Anyone who believes other wise and that this isn't their objective need to give their heads a wobble.

These people are rapacious asset strippers. I have no idea how they see their flagship Roma, but I'm pretty certain when the nuts and bolts of this deal are revealed in a few weeks/months time we'll see the reality of a stadium passing into the hands of TFG.
When they bought Roma, they bought...potential.

Nothing else. We don't own a stadium. When they arrived they canceled the old project and started off again, from scratch, finding another location.

We own our training ground. Good asset, since it's modern and well-equipped. They expanded it nonetheless. They spent millions just to further expand it.

They bought many passionate fans, a training ground, some trademarks, a very good youth sector, a lot of debt and a roaster of players that wasn't particularly valuable. And of course, a unique location and name. Potential.

I don't think this is what a rapacious asset stripper would do.

Imho, they favour planning and gradual development over improvisation and short-term strategies aimed at making a quick profit. Of course they're not doing it just for fun, of course they want to build a stadium, but they're more like old-fashioned enterpreneurs who see potential in something, buy that something and try to develop it. Otherwise they wouldn't have bought Roma. Almost 1 billion of investments in 4 years. They'd be crazy if they thought they could make
a quick profit after spending almost 1 billion in 4 years. You spend 1 billion when what you care about is long-term development.

I'm sure this can also be applied to Everton.

Last edited:
What's the reasoning for believing he'll sell Roma? Strikes me as having a good amount of upside, especially in the United States.
Money money money….the Saudis want to buy them….then he buys one club in the richest league in the world with considerable headroom for improvement which, if done right, would significantly value of the club.

….yep, my thoughts too.

I can understand the Dobbin transfer but my simpleton mind doesn’t quite understand how that helps if we are bringing in the Villa youngster for same monies.

Then I see we’re linked with actually buying players, not for big bucks but players that could immediately improve us. Surely the last thing DFG wants is a points deduction going into next season so I’m clinging to the assumption they know what to do to avoid that penalty.

With Dyche at the helm, I’d be very confident we’ll be fine next season especially with no points deducted and a few new players in.
Agree with all you have said there. I think this bloke is a different breed to Moshiri when it comes to running a high end football club. Very happy if this all gets approved. I also really do think he's had words behind the scenes....it is in his interests as the prospective buyer to insist no more clangers are dropped. As for Dobbin out, i liked him but he was way down the pecking order so i understand the decision. I am no expert but i thought Dobbins fee is 100% profit for the books, and i'd imagine the Villa lad's fee will be offset to a later date. Win/win if so and nobody at Everton i believe would be this proactive in mid June without outside intervention....it's usually August before we make any moves. Finally as the buyer i reckon he'd want to keep Branthwate here. Both for onfield matters next year and future profits to boot.....hence UTD have been told to sling it.

Money money money….the Saudis want to buy them….then he buys one club in the richest league in the world with considerable headroom for improvement which, if done right, would significantly value of the club.
It could happen, but not in the short term imho. In may - through Lina Souloukou - they talked about continuous financial commitment and "jewel of the crown". It was a few weeks before their bid for Everton was revealed by the press. I don't think Lina Souloukou, AS Roma CEO, didn't know something was going on behind the scenes for Everton 2 weeks before the offer. Knowing them, they've been planning this offer since february at least. If they knew Roma was sold, of course they wouldn't have revealed it. But they wouldn't have talked like that either.

LOL this is from the guy who calls a 5th place finish the “Camelot season” and thinks it was better than actually finishing 4th because we got more points.
The difference being that both Pallotta and Friedkin spent a lot of cash; Martinez had Kenwright's pennies.

In terms of size/wealth of backers go, where does Friedkin put us in the premier league? Would we be Tottenham kind of standing?
RankClubOwner(s)Net worth
1Newcastle UnitedSaudi Public Investment Fund, RB Sports & Media, PCP Capital Partners£489billion
2Manchester UnitedGlazer Family, Sir Jim Ratcliffe£22.01billion
3Manchester CityAbu Dhabi United Group, Silver Lake£17.37billion
4ChelseaTodd Boehly, Hansjorg Wyss, Mark Walter£12.47billion
5ArsenalStan Kroenke£10.18billion
6Aston VillaWes Edens, Nassef Sawiris£9.39billion
7Everton777 Partners£8billion
8LiverpoolJohn W. Henry, Tom Werner£7.74billion
9FulhamShahid Khan£6.24billion
10West Ham UnitedDavid Sullivan, Daniel Kretinsky£5.76billion
11Wolverhampton WanderersGuo Guangchang, Liang Xinjun, Wang Qunbin£5.45billion
12Tottenham HotspurJoe Lewis, Daniel Levy£4.58billion
13Crystal PalaceJohn Textor, David Blitzer, Josh Harris, Steve Parish£4.34billion
14BournemouthWilliam P. Foley£1.26billion
15Brighton & Hove AlbionTony Bloom£1.03billion
16Nottingham ForestEvangelos Marinakis£489million
17BrentfordMatthew Benham£220million
18Sheffield UnitedAbdullah bin Musaid Al Saud£158million
19Luton TownDavid Wilkinson£25.74million
20BurnleyAlan PaceUnknown

Chairman Dan Friedkin, who also owns Italian club Roma, has a reported net worth of £4.8bn and he was keen to add a Premier League club to sit at the top of his multi-club model.

Just above Spurs, all figures should be ignored.

1Newcastle UnitedSaudi Public Investment Fund, RB Sports & Media, PCP Capital Partners£489billion
13Crystal PalaceJohn Textor, David Blitzer, Josh Harris, Steve Parish£4.34billion

Chairman Dan Friedkin, who also owns Italian club Roma, has a reported net worth of £4.8bn and he was keen to add a Premier League club to sit at the top of his multi-club model.

777 Partners £8b :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imho, they favour planning and gradual development over improvisation and short-term strategies aimed at making a quick profit. Of course they're not doing it just for fun, of course they want to build a stadium, but they're more like old-fashioned enterpreneurs who see potential in something, buy that something and try to develop it. Otherwise they wouldn't have bought Roma. Almost 1 billion of investments in 4 years. They'd be crazy if they thought they could make
a quick profit after spending almost 1 billion in 4 years. You spend 1 billion when what you care about is long-term development.

I'm sure this can also be applied to Everton.
They hired a superstar manager...and sacked him; and they hired and fired 3 CEOs in 4 years.

Not exactly the stable environment you portray, at least on the playing side.

As for them taking a club with potential: the previous American owners did the hard yards on that. They were the ones who got Roma back into the conversation as a top Italian club by getting tope 2 or 3 finishes and CL football. They were the ones pursuing the dream of a new stadium. Friedkin's time at Roma has seen no major step forward on the pitch in terms of league placing and they've hot the buffers in terms of stadium development.

he's buying through the Friedkin Group, personal wealth is misleading. TFG is worth 12 billion a year.

They hired a superstar manager...and sacked him; and they hired and fired 3 CEOs in 4 years.

As for them taking a club with potential: the previous American owners did the hard yards on that. They were the ones who got Roma back into the conversation as a top Italian club. They were the ones pursuing the dream of a new stadium. Friedkin's time at Roma has seen no major step forward on the pitch in terms of league placing and they've hot the buffers in terms of stadium development.
Dave telling a Roma supporter how he should view his club.

As for them taking a club with potential: the previous American owners did the hard yards on that. They were the ones who got Roma back into the conversation as a top Italian club by getting tope 2 or 3 finishes and CL football. They were the ones pursuing the dream of a new stadium. Friedkin's time at Roma has seen no major step forward on the pitch in terms of league placing and they've hot the buffers in terms of stadium development.
The Roma fans ive spoken to are very happy with them.

"Unpopular opinion here: I am satisfied with the Friedkins. They definitely have a plan to succeed, they already brought huge names to Roma since day 1 - names which we were only dreaming about before - and they pretty rational and consistent which is definitely stg. in the world of football in Italy."

"Is it even in question?
Despite the january 2024 mess, if we look at the decisions they made, it's pretty clear they have a plan.

-won a trophy after 14 years

-2 european finals

-kept the club balance in line with the FFP parameters

-are proceeding with the project for the stadium, keeping the deadline in 2027 (for the centenary)

Pallotta produced Roma-Barça and the only other notable achievement was reaching UCL football fairly consistenly.
I believe the friedkins know exactly what to do and when to do it, MAYBE the last month was a bit messy, but roma is in a good place moving forward"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back