What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 583 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
They hired Berardi and then Souloukou. 2 CEOs. Perhaps your're counting Thiago Pinto, who wasn't a CEO.

Mourinho was overall a bad choice, but has lasted 2,5 years. They kept Fonseca, who hadn't been chosen by them, for an entire season, their first.

Pallotta did a great job until 2017-2018, then it took him just 2 years of bad decisions to ruin almost everything.

You're absolutely right regarding league placing, and it's what they working on. As for the stadium, they have canceled Pallotta's project (Tor di Valle), which couldn't progress anymore and started off from scratch with a new location (Pietralata). As of now, thry're close to where Pallotta's project stopped.
Would you say the majority of Roma’s fans are happy with the Friedkin group since they took over? I’m sensing they are.

In any case, it's the group finances that matter I think. TFG and Dan Friedkin are different entities. Unless he decides to buy Everton as an individual, which I find unlikely.

I do too. He's trying to buy non-US corporate assets via Friedkin Group to minimise his/their US tax liabilities. That is quite common at the moment due to the strength of the US economy and has been happening in various industries for the past several years

See Pfizer attempted acquisitions etc

Would you say the majority of Roma’s fans are happy with the Friedkin group since they took over? I’m sensing they are.
More than happy. Since Olimpico reopened after Covid, we've had 63k average attendance. Sold-out every match even though the results in the league have been pretty poor.

With Pallotta, when we finished 2nd in Serie A and reached UCL semifinals, the average attendance was 38K.

People appreciate their style and the resources they've put on the table. Of course there's room for improvement and they're far from perfection.

And I'm among those who liked Pallotta.

Well where's the fun in that?
Make a snap decision based on zero factual information, State your opinion as fact and don't waiver from your stance no matter what evidence may be provided to the contrary.
This is the GOT way. ;)
If I ever erroneously tag you into the CA forum again, I'm using this as my defence.

Dave, you really really don’t have to be contradictory all the time you know?
I'm only doing what we ALL on here agreed to do when Moshiri became an albatross around this club's neck. Almost everyone stated that we can never hand another owner a blank cheque again...and yet here we are with this yank being handed a blank cheque...and for what exactly? He's coming here to restructure a debt and wrap it round the new stadium. This isn;t a sovereign wealth fund or benefactor. This is a chancer coming in and associating himself with a PL football club and hoping to turn a buck. That's what I'm seeing.

I honestly wont care what Roma do as long as Everton improves.

And I doubt most fans will.

Of course if we cant kick on, then the issues will arise, but currently its based on conjecture and has no real basis of how any multi-club ownership as been so far.

Again, nobody is spending 2 billion on 2 football clubs only to allow 1 of them to wilt and die.

But feel free to keep shouting at the clouds.

Listen, when Everton are seen or perceived to be the red headed step child in the Friedkin soccerball family the brown stuff will hit the fan. Guaranteed.

In fairness i'd wager he would probably like a top flight PL side than a seria A side. I think he'll give this a real go and would not be surprised if we're not first in his pecking order.

We'll soon find out.

They hired Berardi and then Souloukou. 2 CEOs. Perhaps your're counting Thiago Pinto, who wasn't a CEO.

Mourinho was overall a bad choice, but has lasted 2,5 years. They kept Fonseca, who hadn't been chosen by them, for an entire season, their first.

Pallotta did a great job until 2017-2018, then it took him just 2 years of bad decisions to ruin almost everything.

You're absolutely right regarding league placing, and it's what they working on. As for the stadium, they have canceled Pallotta's project (Tor di Valle), which couldn't progress anymore and started off from scratch with a new location (Pietralata). As of now, thry're close to where Pallotta's project stopped.

Exactly; they haven't gone beyond or even got near what their predecessors did as owners. We should stop all this chat about them revolutionising Roma because it is NOT true.

Private Walker in Dads Army was a spiv

@davek

Am i right?

Yes, correct. On a very small scale...they come in all shapes and sizes.

I'm only doing what we ALL on here agreed to do when Moshiri became an albatross around this club's neck. Almost everyone stated that we can never hand another owner a blank cheque again...and yet here we are with this yank being handed a blank cheque...and for what exactly? He's coming here to restructure a debt and wrap it round the new stadium. This isn;t a sovereign wealth fund or benefactor. This is a chancer coming in and associating himself with a PL football club and hoping to turn a buck. That's what I'm seeing.

Listen, when Everton are seen or perceived to be the red headed step child in the Friedkin soccerball family the brown stuff will hit the fan. Guaranteed.

We'll soon find out.

Exactly; they haven't gone beyond or even got near what their predecessors did as owners. We should stop all this chat about them revolutionising Roma because it is NOT true.

Yes, correct. On a very small scale...they come in all shapes and sizes.
You can't wait to be right.

I hope I'm not wrong.

We don't want the same thing.

I want it to succeed, you want it to fail for internet points.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back