What do we reckon?

• 👍

Votes: 583 67.9%
  • 🤷 | 🧀🥪

Votes: 240 27.9%
  • 👎

Votes: 36 4.2%

• Total voters
No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
You don’t know Jack [Poor language removed] you haven’t seen all the bids have ya . You won’t stand for that AT ALL . Turn in it lad what you gonna do boycott the game oh no you can’t do that can you cos you haven’t set foot in goodison for how many years ?? Let everyone know

After thourough thougt. And reading the arguments... I'm sitting firmly on the fence.

Never thought I'd say it. But @davek has some valid points.

Now all I need is @Librarian to convince me otherwise.
This one is bet you must place against yourself grasshopper

Bet on success and if fail, can never complain

Bet on failure and if success, can never truly celebrate

*maybe just intermittently slag off the yanks in a non specific sort of way

Last edited:
….yep, my thoughts too.

I can understand the Dobbin transfer but my simpleton mind doesn’t quite understand how that helps if we are bringing in the Villa youngster for same monies.

Then I see we’re linked with actually buying players, not for big bucks but players that could immediately improve us. Surely the last thing DFG wants is a points deduction going into next season so I’m clinging to the assumption they know what to do to avoid that penalty.

With Dyche at the helm, I’d be very confident we’ll be fine next season especially with no points deducted and a few new players in.

It comes down to how players value is written down mate.

Both clubs will write down the £10m values at 2m a season or 40k p/w. And we get the 10m straight into the balance sheet and profit and loss account (which is what PSR is based on).

So it's effectively almost 10m immediate profit.

It's a smart bit of accounting. Smarter than anything Moshiri did in 7 years.

Their circumstances are completely different to ours BTW.

There is that small matter.

Let's see how far down the pecking order we are. I think that Roma shadow will be a source of contention right from the off and it'll never not be an issue.

Just wait until we see players of ours sold and not adequately replaced. Just wait and see when Roma buy a big player.

This is a recipe for a disaster.

We all know it too.

Friedkin will be about as popular as a fart in a space suit in very short order.

@davek can you please give this a break.

Your constant attempts to mood hoover anyone that wants to be optimistic about these guys is well over the top.

Go for a walk, get some fresh air and chill out a bit.

Let people be optimistic if they want to. That’s their choice. We’ve had 3+ years of constant horrible negativity & stress surrounding our club.

It’s nice for a change for the majority to show some hope & positivity.

And yes it’s your choice to be negative but for the love of god, every other post I’m reading is well OTT & getting really boring now.

Tone down the constant mood hoovering

(Please 😁)

No. It's that I KNOW it'll fail. Unfortunately this is one of the worst bids we had.

I'd even have gone with Bell and Downing to avoid this Friedkin deal.

That;s because to me identity is number one priority in supporting Everton. If we become a multi-club owned entity we lose our particularity to a great degree.

I wont stand for that - AT ALL.
The largest shareholder in Celtic also has shares in Shamrock Rovers apparently. He also has loads of other companies. Hope that doesn't affect the identity of them too much.

Davek, I think you are going to be so wrong about this. If I am wrong I will buy you the jigsaw puzzle.

IMG_2287.webp

It comes down to how players value is written down mate.

Both clubs will write down the £10m values at 2m a season or 40k p/w. And we get the 10m straight into the balance sheet and profit and loss account (which is what PSR is based on).

So it's effectively almost 10m immediate profit.

It's a smart bit of accounting. Smarter than anything Moshiri did in 7 years.

can’t the PL like class it as cheating? 🤷🏻

….yep, my thoughts too.

I can understand the Dobbin transfer but my simpleton mind doesn’t quite understand how that helps if we are bringing in the Villa youngster for same monies.

Then I see we’re linked with actually buying players, not for big bucks but players that could immediately improve us. Surely the last thing DFG wants is a points deduction going into next season so I’m clinging to the assumption they know what to do to avoid that penalty.

With Dyche at the helm, I’d be very confident we’ll be fine next season especially with no points deducted and a few new players in.
I think mate as I heard it on a podcast this morning is Basically the PSR for us selling Dobbin for 10 mill say on a 5 year deal. We receive 2 million per year back from Villa over a 5 year contract.
It becomes 10 million in our accounts for this year. Therefore our PSR is much better as we pay next years accounts 2 million for their player even though they get 10 million immediately on their accounts like us.

It sounds like we have done each other a favour!

@davek can you please give this a break.

Your constant attempts to mood hoover anyone that wants to be optimistic about these guys is well over the top.

Go for a walk, get some fresh air and chill out a bit.

Let people be optimistic if they want to. That’s their choice. We’ve had 3+ years of constant horrible negativity & stress surrounding our club.

It’s nice for a change for the majority to show some hope & positivity.

And yes it’s your choice to be negative but for the love of god, every other post I’m reading is well OTT & getting really boring now.

Tone down the constant mood hoovering

(Please 😁)
Just put him on ignore. Don't give him the oxygen of a reply.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back